Nebraska vs. #22 Creighton

Ah, classic message board point - counterpoint

I did look up "Ruf." I don't understand what the Reformed University Fellowship has to do with sports.

http://www.gocreight...TCLID=205154343

http://www.gocreight...&ATCLID=3748986

There ya go chief

Cool.

That explains why you're such a die hard Creighton Softball fan. :)

And baseball...

whoops. I figured the second link was just another story about the first person, so I didn't click it til now. Cool though.

Ok, Po Belini can remain a Husker fan/Creighton fan for as long as Creighton doesn't have a football team.

The rest of you still need to provide links to demonstrate the validity of your fandom.

Ah, classic message board point - counterpoint

I did look up "Ruf." I don't understand what the Reformed University Fellowship has to do with sports.

http://www.gocreight...TCLID=205154343

http://www.gocreight...&ATCLID=3748986

There ya go chief

Cool.

That explains why you're such a die hard Creighton Softball fan. :)

And baseball...

whoops. I figured the second link was just another story about the first person, so I didn't click it til now. Cool though.

Ok, Po Belini can remain a Husker fan/Creighton fan for as long as Creighton doesn't have a football team.

The rest of you still need to provide links to demonstrate the validity of your fandom.

Nobody bleeds Husker Red more than me......Growing up in Omaha and going to MANY Creighton games and never been to a Nebrasketball game....Was at the game wearing BLUE

What does it matter, i am a die hard husker fan. But its basketball, neither team will ever be relevant when it comes to national title talks in my life time, so if nebraska wins great and if creighton wins great. Until someone does anything in the NCAA tournament it wont matter to anyone, Crap i will pull for UNO basketball if they become relevant and contend lol. Its like arguing between which ugly chick to take to prom, the one in red or blue, what does it matter at the end of the day you are known as the guy that look the ugly chick lol

Good lord looks like the officials liking to screw NU extends beyond the gridiron.

Seriously?! I've never seen six free throws in a row...

How? It was a great hustle play by CU and NU was mad they were out hustled. Don't say anything to the ref and you won't get a T. And I have no idea what Doc was doing. Any coach would get a T in that situation.

No, you are wrong. Doc was given permission BY AN OFFICIAL to leave the coaches box and go to the other end to get an explanation. When he sat next to Greg the sore ass official thought he was out of line and T-ed him up without bothering to find out why Doc was down there. Your own coach did not think it was deserving of a Technical.

Good lord looks like the officials liking to screw NU extends beyond the gridiron.

Seriously?! I've never seen six free throws in a row...

How? It was a great hustle play by CU and NU was mad they were out hustled. Don't say anything to the ref and you won't get a T. And I have no idea what Doc was doing. Any coach would get a T in that situation.

No, you are wrong. Doc was given permission BY AN OFFICIAL to leave the coaches box and go to the other end to get an explanation. When he sat next to Greg the sore ass official thought he was out of line and T-ed him up without bothering to find out why Doc was down there. Your own coach did not think it was deserving of a Technical.

Okay, well that technical only resulted in one point. One free throw was missed. The other technical on McCray resulted in two points. McCray had NOTHING to argue. Great hustle and offensive rebound by CU player.

i hate nebraska fans that root for creighton. makes no sense to me. "oh our bball team sucks so lets root for the other team in the state!" my goodness talk bandwagon.

If your talking about me...look up the name Ruf (my last name) and you will see why Im a Creighton fan.

P.S. I've been a CU bball fan for 15 years. My dad took me out of school to watch them take on Florida in the NCAA tourney one year.

I attended the University of Oregon and currently live in Eugene, but I wasn't rooting for Oregon against Nebraska a couple weeks ago, and neither were any of the Husker fans in my family.

Creighton vs. Nebraska is where you really find out who the die-hards are and who they aren't.

What does that have anything to do with my situation and why I choose to root for CU?

Because anybody could have one reason or another to root for this or that school. I could root for Oregon because I live there now, or I could do it because they're better at football than Nebraska right now, but I don't because Nebraska always comes first for me.

Here's the better question for most Creighton basketball fans - who do you root for during baseball season? If the answer is Creighton, then congrats, you're a true blue Jay. But if you root for Nebraska in baseball (like most Creighton basketball fans that I know), then you're just a weak Nebraska fan who shifts his support to Creighton during the winter because they have a better basketball program.

Here's another question. How many Creighton bball fans are Husker football fans because they are the only D1 football team in the state? I bet you if Creighton had a D1 football program there would be a lot less NU/CU mixed fans. I think you are making too big of deal over this because you don't know why someone is a fan of one school in one sport and another school in another sport.

Creighton led 46-45 when official Kelly Self called Christopher Niemann for fouling Grant Gibbs on a shot. Self then whistled Nebraska's Toney McCray for a technical foul. "I didn't think I really said anything," McCray said, "but the ref was talking about how he didn't like my hands going up, or whatever."

Self never offered an explanation to Sadler, who instead asked official Mike Sanzere why McCray received a technical. Sanzere consulted Self, and relayed to Sadler that Self didn't like a gesture McCray had made. "You're going to call a TECHNICAL for a GESTURE in a one-point game?" was Sadler's immediate response. "Was it a dirty gesture?"

No response was given. But meantime, officials were visiting with Creighton coach Greg McDermott and visiting a replay monitor, for reasons of which Sadler wasn't certain. So Sadler asked and received permission from Sanzere to go to that end of the court. There, he leaned up against the scorer's table with McDermott, who put his arm around Sadler.

Sadler, with a big grin, made a comment to McDermott about the great basketball game. Self then intervened and slapped Sadler with a technical.

LINK

Rosenthal did a pretty good job of explaining what happened with the two technicals. Translation: We got screwed by the refs.

Count me as another vote for those who can’t understand the whole fracas over Husker fans being somehow unable or unworthy to root for Creighton when they AREN’T playing Nebraska. Same deal with Creighton basketball fans who are also Husker football fans. My gosh………….what a crime………….!! You are not PURE.

Those who deal in such a black and white world where your credentials are suspect if you dare to exhibit multiple loyalties must have had issues matriculating junior high.

I am an example of a lifelong Husker fan in all sports. But, when Creighton is not lining up head to head against Nebraska, I’d rather see another Nebraska state Division 1 school win as opposed to lose. Whether it’s basketball or baseball, chances are some local Nebraska kids are involved and if their careers have been noteworthy in high school, I’d like to see them have some success in college.

It’s also been easy to do this because I’ve liked Altman and I like McDermott. I also like the Creighton baseball coach. If any of them were jerks, it would be a different deal. Simple as that.

I don't understand what the bid deal is with being a Husker football fan and a Creighton bball fan either.

Im a fan of Nebraska Football and only Football. That does not mean I am a fan of all sports at Nebraska. I could give a crap about how the women's bowling team or even the women's volleyball team does. If they win....ok cool. If they lose....I don't care and I certainly don't feel depressed like if the football team lost.

Im also a fan of Creighton Basketball and only Basketball. That does not mean I am a fan of all sports at Creighton. I could give a crap about how the men's soccer team or the men's baseball team does. If they win....ok cool. If they lose....I don't care and I certainly don't feel depressed like if the basketball team lost.

The 2 sports I pay attention to closely are football and basketball. I have different favorite college teams for each.

That being said...I generally want the other teams from Creighton and Nebraska to do well because they are the home town schools. That is no differently than how I would feel if UNO or UNK or Chadron were playing...I would want them to win their respective game cause it's good for the state of Nebraska.

That being said....Go Jays and Go Huskers