Bo to be Head Coach & Defensive Coordinator

I was listening to 1620 the Zone today and they were talking about Bo being HC/DC and mentioned if that happened and he moved people around would they possibly hire Joe Ganz to be the qb coach. What do you think about that? I've also heard that Eric Crouch would be more than happy to come in and work with the quarterbacks-would that be a good choice? Interesting.

I was listening to 1620 the Zone today and they were talking about Bo being HC/DC and mentioned if that happened and he moved people around would they possibly hire Joe Ganz to be the qb coach. What do you think about that? I've also heard that Eric Crouch would be more than happy to come in and work with the quarterbacks-would that be a good choice? Interesting.

I would be more than happy with Ganz as QB's Coach. He's my all time favorite Husker.

It seems an odd choice for someone who grew up in and developed under the West Coast system...to be the QBs coach now. Love Joe and everything and I'm sure he would help out, but he is a couple years removed from being a player, never coached before, and now the terminology not to mention the offense is all different. Plus, it isn't like he is an option QB, is it? It just seems like if we do bring in a QB coach, we could be better served...

It seems an odd choice for someone who grew up in and developed under the West Coast system...to be the QBs coach now. Love Joe and everything and I'm sure he would help out, but he is a couple years removed from being a player, never coached before, and now the terminology not to mention the offense is all different. Plus, it isn't like he is an option QB, is it? It just seems like if we do bring in a QB coach, we could be better served...

I think Ganz was the de facto QB Coach this year, anyway. You could see him on the sideline during every game, coaching Taylor up. Plus, he's already had a whole year to study Beck's offense. I really think he would be a great addition to the permanent coaching staff.

I think Ganz was the de facto QB Coach this year, anyway. You could see him on the sideline during every game, coaching Taylor up. Plus, he's already had a whole year to study Beck's offense. I really think he would be a great addition to the permanent coaching staff.

And the dude bleeds husker red. In the words of Toto, it's gonna take a lot to get him away from here.

Bo will call the defense from here on, and I'm sure he did plenty this year. I have stated in other posts, that the coach that I question most is JP. He took over coaching the DLine this year, and the play dropped off considerably, with the same players as 2010.

I don't disagree with you, but remember, Crick didn't play much of the season, Merideth got FAT and we had other injuries that in some games (NW) we only had 4-5 guys the entire game. They did drop off, but don't forget about "circumstances".

And when he did play, he contributed NOTHING. He is probably one of the most over-rated DL's we have ever had.

Bo will call the defense from here on, and I'm sure he did plenty this year. I have stated in other posts, that the coach that I question most is JP. He took over coaching the DLine this year, and the play dropped off considerably, with the same players as 2010.

Don't be too hard on JP. He went from coaching DE's and Special Teams to coaching the entire D-Line being the Special Teams coach and being the Recruiting Co-Ordinator quite quickly and seemed to just get stretched too thin.

Even then the problem with the Line wasn't really on JP. Mass injuries and just horrible planning did the defense bad this year

For all the coach speak about making the Big Ten adjust to Nebraska they did the exact opposite and not in a good way. They did a good jop getting Lavonte a few extra pounds while keeping his speed, they didn't do so good in that area with a lot of the rest of the defense, we got a bit fat this year and it made us MUCH slower than we should have been.

Now that they've been through the season I'd expect a LOT of focus this next month fixing what they screwed up on last offseason and getting guys back closer to where they need to be weight wise to get that speed back knowing that you don't have to be nearly as heavy as they thought they needed to be to play in the Big Ten.

I don't disagree with you, but remember, Crick didn't play much of the season, Merideth got FAT and we had other injuries that in some games (NW) we only had 4-5 guys the entire game. They did drop off, but don't forget about "circumstances".

And when he did play, he contributed NOTHING. He is probably one of the most over-rated DL's we have ever had.

False. Crick when healthy is very good, the problem is he was NEVER healthy this year. He sat out of the spring game and missed half of fall camp for a reason. He didn't play one game at anywhere near full strength.

I would be more than happy with Ganz as QB's Coach. He's my all time favorite Husker.

This statement makes me think you are under 25yrs old.

False. Crick when healthy is very good, the problem is he was NEVER healthy this year. He sat out of the spring game and missed half of fall camp for a reason. He didn't play one game at anywhere near full strength.

I agree. I wondered if there was more to the early injury then was told. I think you will see him do really well in the NFL.

This statement makes me think you are under 25yrs old.

You'd be right about that. But, me liking Ganz has nothing to do with my age. I know that one of knapplc's favorite Huskers is Zac Taylor and he's 80.

Dunno. Raymand has to be right up there. Sanders did more with less when he got here, and this year's efforts didn't exactly instill faith in next year's secondary.