DC Candidates?

How about being one of only six teams to win nine or more games in the last four years. In his first four years as a HC.

Here are the 6 BCS teams with at least 9 wins per year since 2008.

Nebraska

Alabama

Oregon

Virginia Tech

Oklahoma State

West Virginia

Ahhh...consistently above average...comforting. I read this in a Herald article recently. Unfortunatley while we made this list - I'd say the other 3 teams (i don't count VT/WV as BCS teams) would beat us by 30, 80% of the time.

Our 9 wins can be attributed to the Big12 North, and a down year for the Big10. You'll also notice we're the only one on that list to not win a conference championship, and not make a BCS bowl.

:yeah

Its as sad to me when I see fans who are such homers that these kinds of stats are somehow impressive to them as when I see fans who are so extremely negative that nothing but a national championship is ever good enough. Both types of fans are equally idiotic.

Wait, now the NFL wanting to hire you is the benchmark of success?

what is your benchmark. did you buy into Bo's whole "it's not always about trophys" thing? let's just say conference championships...would that be a good benchmark?

There is no benchmark. You win the games you can win, you get lucky sometimes and you get unlucky sometimes. Every coach in America will tell you that. Being one of only six schools to win nine games during Bo's tenure is great, but it's not the end everyone wants. We want conference championships, we want national championships but it's dumb to gripe about a coach that has done something that 95 percent of the rest of American hasn't done.

Harbaugh took a team from nothing, at a school with some of the toughest academic standards of any BCS school (we are seeing this year how those can hurt recruiting) - and turned them into a consistent squad. You also have to count this years team, since that was essentially his doing. Harbaugh is on another level...to be unable to acknowledge that sad. It's ok to be realistic, we won't question your status as a fan.

Its as sad to me when I see fans who are such homers that these kinds of stats are somehow impressive to them as when I see fans who are so extremely negative that nothing but a national championship is ever good enough. Both types of fans are equally idiotic.

Do you own a mirror? Because that's exactly what you sound like.

what is your benchmark. did you buy into Bo's whole "it's not always about trophys" thing? let's just say conference championships...would that be a good benchmark?

There is no benchmark. You win the games you can win, you get lucky sometimes and you get unlucky sometimes. Every coach in America will tell you that. Being one of only six schools to win nine games during Bo's tenure is great, but it's not the end everyone wants. We want conference championships, we want national championships but it's dumb to gripe about a coach that has done something that 95 percent of the rest of American hasn't done.

Like Iowa State, Northwestern, Texas, Oklahoma, Washington, etc, etc.

Harbaugh took a team from nothing, at a school with some of the toughest academic standards of any BCS school (we are seeing this year how those can hurt recruiting) - and turned them into a consistent squad. You also have to count this years team, since that was essentially his doing. Harbaugh is on another level...to be unable to acknowledge that sad. It's ok to be realistic, we won't question your status as a fan.

Bo took a team from nothing, too. Were you around in 2007? Your realism sounds a lot like pessimism to me. Bo doesn't have to be 'as good as' Jim Harbaugh for me, but simply recognizing that he's doing a good job, with obvious mistakes and flaws, is OK.

• Fire 1

Could you be more negative? Please?

Could you be more negative? Please?

Wisconsin blow out, Michigan blow out...

• Fire 1

Harbaugh in his first four years as a HC:

7-4

11-1

3-9

4-8

If you just want to count Stanford alone and ignore San Diego, his record was:

4-8

5-7

8-5

12-1

Overall at Stanford, 29-21, with one good season.

Although these are some of the most selective points I may have ever seen on a message board, again...let me know when Bo has his "one good season" and then maybe we can talk.

We are talking. ;) This whole You Post/I Post is a conversation.

So because Pelini hasn't had ONE GOOD SEASON, he's not good enough. I love the armchair quarterback stuff from the internet. Nothing but wisdom, every day of the week.

First: "We can talk"is a figure of speech...as in "we can talk about Bo and Harbaugh being an apples to apples comparison once Bo is up to Jim's level".

Second: Who said "he's not good enough"? We're discussing why the two coaches aren't a fair comparison with regard to having the ability to be a head coach and coordinator. Now you're just being ridiculous and making stuff up.

How about being one of only six teams to win nine or more games in the last four years. In his first four years as a HC.

Nebraska

Alabama

Oregon

Virginia Tech

Oklahoma State

West Virginia

Ahhh...consistently above average...comforting. I read this in a Herald article recently. Unfortunatley while we made this list - I'd say the other 3 teams (i don't count VT/WV as BCS teams) would beat us by 30, 80% of the time.

Our 9 wins can be attributed to the Big12 North, and a down year for the Big10. You'll also notice we're the only one on that list to not win a conference championship, and not make a BCS bowl.

Ahh if your not counting VT or WV who are the three? Alabama, Oregon & ??? Because I'm pretty sure we beat Okie Lite last year.

Because I don't think Bo's on the same level as Harbaugh?? You f'ing kidding me??

Pretty soon you're going to run out of losses. We get it. You're Super Fan, and every time we lose it's a personal affront to you.

Ahh..

Nebraska

Alabama

Oregon

Virginia Tech

Oklahoma State

West Virginia

Ahh if your not counting VT or WV who are the three? Alabama, Oregon & ??? Because I'm pretty sure we beat Okie Lite last year.

Do you think we'd beat them this year?

Because I don't think Bo's on the same level as Harbaugh?? You f'ing kidding me??

Who cares if Bo is on the same level as Harbaugh? Bo is our coach, Harbaugh isn't, and isn't going to be. It's a dumb comparison in the first place.