DC Candidates?

according to husker corner mr. bob stoops from oklahoma has given bo permission to speak with Matty McMillen(Oklahoma Defensive Line Coach/Head of Oklahoma football operations)

http://huskercorner....spin/#more-1888

If you choose not to read the article it goes on to say that Bo believes that this could be a program changing hire,

only question is whether McMillen is being eyed by Bo for the DC or just to take over for if they promote JP,

you would have to think that with McMillen's time spent at Oklahoma it would take alot more than a lateral move

to lure him away from Oklahoma

Wow.

I'm pretty sure that tweet was a joke. McMillen is to Oklahoma what Jamrog is to Nebraska. I took the tweet as Bo poking fun at us just like he did with the Mike Nobler tweet a week or so ago.

edit because responding to the post above me in the manner that I did won't do any good and I don't feel like taking the time to find facts other than the obvious Nebraska beat Iowa this year so this year Nebraska was indeed better.

When was the last time Iowa was even competitive against Nebraska? I'm pretty sure I wasn't even born yet.

As I've read this topic this thought came to me: We as fans and even the media to some extent know who we would like to see as our next DC. However, I wonder what the players think? I wonder who they would like to see become their next DC? They are the ones who are going to have to develop a relationship or deepen a relationship in the case of JP. They are the ones who are going to have to take direction possibly from a new person. They are the ones who are going to have to possibly impress 'the new guy'. Since they is a 'black out' with regards to social media we won't know until the DC is chosen but I would love to be a fly on the wall when it happens. I would suspect that most of the players who have been with JP for the past couple of years are pretty dedicated to him. If he moves up the transition could be less of a change vs. bringing in a new guy, who might be really good but it will still be somewhat of a change. It will be interesting to say the least. I'm still torn. I like the idea of Stoops and an outside hire but the development of a guy who is already in our ranks makes for an interesting choice as well. We'll see.

I believe its been mentioned in other posts that the players want JP...

Could you point me to those posts? Thanks :) (I'm sure you're right, I just can't remember reading it.)

If we promote from within it will be another step in Bo's dismissal. He micro manages way too much. He has to learn to delegate and let them sink or swim. He does not have time to be teaching a new DC and OC. This is a big time program, not Cardnil Mooney high school. We deserve qualified assitants who can do their job without someone else helping them to do so.

I want Bo to succeed but he seems to be doing everything to fail. He needs help, Stoops or Zook would be perfect for the job and would help on recruiting nationwide. Trust me we need it.

Trying to do everything is the first indicator that he is not managerial material. He needs to learn this now. Or he will not be here much longer I am afraid.

Watching 49ers/Steelers on MNF. Lots of shots of Jim Harbaugh calling offensive plays for the 49ers. Too bad Harbaugh hasn't learned yet that he can't micromanage everything and needs to hire some better assistants. I guess he's just not managerial material.

If we promote from within it will be another step in Bo's dismissal. He micro manages way too much. He has to learn to delegate and let them sink or swim. He does not have time to be teaching a new DC and OC. This is a big time program, not Cardnil Mooney high school. We deserve qualified assitants who can do their job without someone else helping them to do so.

I want Bo to succeed but he seems to be doing everything to fail. He needs help, Stoops or Zook would be perfect for the job and would help on recruiting nationwide. Trust me we need it.

Trying to do everything is the first indicator that he is not managerial material. He needs to learn this now. Or he will not be here much longer I am afraid.

Watching 49ers/Steelers on MNF. Lots of shots of Jim Harbaugh calling offensive plays for the 49ers. Too bad Harbaugh hasn't learned yet that he can't micromanage everything and needs to hire some better assistants. I guess he's just not managerial material.

sarcasm?