DC Candidates?

I see nothing wrong with 9-10 wins, as Bo has had to make changes in his staff. That's hard to do. Neb is not "entitled" to a bcs bowl game or the n/c game every year, as some on here would have us believe. What he has accomplished so far, is get the respect back for this program, on a national level. He is winning, recruits see that. B1G is a brand name, and will help recruiting. This program in my eyes, is moving in the right direction. I want those B1G and bsc bowls as soon as possible also. Its just nice not having 5 win seasons while we wait, for it.

GBR!!!

when was the last confrence championship we won? wasnt it like '99?

Wait - do you mean football?

ya, i am pretty sure we lost our conf in 2001, but still went on to play in the NC. I think it was 1999. I wasnt meaning anything by it, just hard to fathom we havent won sh#t since 1999.... that hurts to think about. I think this is one of the main reasons people dont want to give pelini any more time.... people have waited almost 13 years now for one, we dont have much patience left for anyone.

I said this same thing about a week ago. Bo can't be responsible for what happened the 8 years before he was hired as head coach at Nebraska. I understand the frustration, but it doesn't make any sense to take it out on a guy who has done a pretty good freakin' job since he's been here. Seems to be a lot of misplaced animosity floating around these days.

I really think that we were lucky that Bo came back after one Frank and staff or most anyway get fired after 2003 and two not giving Bo a shot then. If Bo woulod have shot it down and stayed at LSU in 2008 then I think he would have had a very good shot at many HC positions in the following year or two. But, of course there is no way to prove that. I just think Bo has a very good mind for Football in general with the best interest of the student athlete in mind as well as the University of Nebraska. If he can get nine wins or better every year and be competitive I think there is no doubt that he stays as long as he wants.

it's very simple, really, as long as everyone can be happy wirh 8 or 9 wins a year, with no conference championship or BCS appearance........you're gonna love Pelini for the next 5-7 years.

Well you are certainly entitled to believe that if you like, I will simple agree to disagree. I think Bo can lead this team to championships, oh and 10 wins a year isn't anything to sneeze at.

ya, i am pretty sure we lost our conf in 2001, but still went on to play in the NC. I think it was 1999. I wasnt meaning anything by it, just hard to fathom we havent won sh#t since 1999.... that hurts to think about. I think this is one of the main reasons people dont want to give pelini any more time.... people have waited almost 13 years now for one, we dont have much patience left for anyone.

I said this same thing about a week ago. Bo can't be responsible for what happened the 8 years before he was hired as head coach at Nebraska. I understand the frustration, but it doesn't make any sense to take it out on a guy who has done a pretty good freakin' job since he's been here. Seems to be a lot of misplaced animosity floating around these days.

It's Bo's fault for us snapping our bowl streak too.

Seriously though. It's not Bo's fault that we haven't won a conference championship game since 1999 [?]. However, I'll throw out this stat [and before I get crucified for it, I'm not attempting to use Callahan as a base [i'll even put it in shiny bold colors for those who are hard of comprehension: I'm not attempting to use Callahan as a base, I'm just pointing out facts. Hell, I'll even throw Frank Solich in this analysis too!]

In their respective coaching tenures here at Nebraska:

Frank Solich made one conference championship game in his 6 years at Nebraska

Bill Callahan made one conference championship game in his 4 years at Nebraska

Bo Pelini has made two conference championship games in his 4 years at Nebraska

Take that for what it's worth. And before anyone says anything about the weak Big 12 North, those coaches coached in the Big 12 North as well.

It's Bo's fault for us snapping our bowl streak too.

Seriously though. It's not Bo's fault that we haven't won a conference championship game since 1999 [?]. However, I'll throw out this stat [and before I get crucified for it, I'm not attempting to use Callahan as a base [i'll even put it in shiny bold colors for those who are hard of comprehension: I'm not attempting to use Callahan as a base, I'm just pointing out facts. Hell, I'll even throw Frank Solich in this analysis too!]

In their respective coaching tenures here at Nebraska:

Frank Solich made one conference championship game in his 6 years at Nebraska

Bill Callahan made one conference championship game in his 4 years at Nebraska

Bo Pelini has made two conference championship games in his 4 years at Nebraska

Take that for what it's worth. And before anyone says anything about the weak Big 12 North, those coaches coached in the Big 12 North as well.

I could have swore Frank made 2, but I was think of '96 under TO.