Bowl game in Nebraska?

After seeing all of the bowl game threads, I was thinking....what if Nebraska hosted a bowl game?

I know it's not a warm destination, but I could see us filling the stands with an opportunity to go to a football game.

What if it was a mid-tiered bowl and we ended up getting someone like Boise State to come here? I'd be going for sure.

Also, feel free to throw out ideas for a bowl name since that's obviously the most important part of this thread.

I would go with the obvious (Corn Bowl) or the LTCG Bowl (Larry the Cable Guy Bowl)!

Do you mean like a bowl using Memorial as a host location or like a bowl in Lincoln that Nebraska has a permenant tie in to kind of like Hawaii or some of the service academies?

On a side note I worked with a guy when I was younger who was a O-Lineman at a D2 school in Minnesota. He got to play in some kind of postseason type "bowl" in Nebraska but I don't remember where. He liked it but then again anything is better than Minnesota.

My thought is that there is NOTHING else to do in Nebraska in December/January. Going to watch ANY team play professional football sounds like alot of fun.

The warm weather is nice, but that's why you see alot of half empty stadiums. Would you rather go to the beach or watch a team you have no affiliation with?

Here, it's either go to a college football game or get tricked into going shopping. I'd much rather be freezing my drunk butt off at a football game!

If Nebraska never played in it, I'd be for this kind of idea. We'd definitely fill seats, even in the freezing cold, better than half the bowl games out there.

This. And if they can have an open bowl game in NYC, they can have one in Nebraska.

Though one must concede that NYC is slightly more interesting than Nebraska on a cold winter's night. Slightly.

If there was a bowl game in Nebraska and Nebraska wasn't playing in it, there's not a snowballs chance in hades that I'd freeze my butt off to watch two mid-tier teams play. There's already too many bowls. How many people are actually going to attend the bowl game between Illinois and UCLA? Both HC's have been fired, and the teams combined record is 12-13. Not a lot to get excited about there.

I think that's a great idea, how about another Big 10/SEC matchup. We both have a bunch of bowl eligible teams every year. Why should the state of Florida get all of our money from fans attending the games?!?!

Because there's a big difference between Florida and Nebraska...

Mainly that people enjoy visiting Florida.