KU to Introduce Charlie Weis as Football Coach Friday

Cactusboy

Maybe, we will see I guess. I personally think they went along the right path with a guy like Turner, small school guy who gets his shot in the upper levels of college football, someone who can coach up slightly lesser talent and is used to doing more with less. Hope it works out for them.

He did so well at Notre Dame, it would have to be a lot easier to succeed at Kansas right?

Who else could KU get? Take a gamble on an young and upcoming unknown? They could have gone after Leach I guess... Maybe Weiss has learned from past mistakes at ND and won't make them again...?

Leach, Leach, Leach. I can't imagine he wouldn't have wanted that job just got get the chance to play Tech every year. Could have jumped to Texas and got a lot of recruits since he knew the area so well, much better the Weiss ever will. I would have rather given Turner another year then hire Weiss. I will go ahead and call out that this won't end well. BAD HIRE.

weis makes sense to me, i mean the guy is uber popular and that is gonna help bring in better quality recruits. plus the guy is supposed to be an offensive guru ( i think he is overrated in that aspect) so i think if they give him sometime (which they obviously arent good at doing) he might have some success. i think ku fans should be excited

Will Muschamp didn't know Weis interviewed at Kansas & on way to Gator Bowl press conference when news broke Weis hired

LINK

Just talked to Florida official about Weis. Two words used: "Blown away" by Weis' departure.

LINK

I found this funny. I knew Weis's introduction as OC in Florida wasn't going to be an instant turnaround. I thought 2012 or 2013 would be the year their offense really got going. But now, maybe tack on another year or two.

Oh well, Jayhawks will go 6-6 in his first year and contend for the Big 12 title for the next two years and then down the tubes the Jayhawks will go.