Offensive Line

BIG ERN

We will lose tackle Hardrick & Jones along with center Caputo for next year. Who do you guys see starting next year on the O-line?

Anyone heard anything on the young guys in Sterup, Givens-Price, Moudy, Reeves, or Klachko?

I haven't heard much, but we have a lot of talent on the O-line to step up next year...I'm not too concerned.

Seeing as we have no one to replace Caputo with any starting experience, I am worried. I still have seen no real player development in 4 yrs. Always semms to be a significant drop off when a starter goes down. And, IMO, playing time do to injuries does not constitute development. You can also point to the schollie limits as a reason, but it has been yrs since our 2nd string has been even close to the abilities of the starters. I think a lot of this has to do with Cally (pro) and Bo coming form the NFL and having that mentality that is simply starters start and other guys prepare for when injury strikes.

I have also heard for 3 yrs about the pipeline being back, or the deepest we have been in years or we are really going to impose our will this year stuff far to long to believe any of it.

Wow. I've "never" heard that in the last three years (at all). Just the opposite actually.

Just for fun, where are you hearing that?

We will lose tackle Hardrick & Jones along with center Caputo for next year. Who do you guys see starting next year on the O-line?

Anyone heard anything on the young guys in Sterup, Givens-Price, Moudy, Reeves, or Klachko?

I haven't heard much, but we have a lot of talent on the O-line to step up next year...I'm not too concerned.

Seeing as we have no one to replace Caputo with any starting experience, I am worried. I still have seen no real player development in 4 yrs. Always semms to be a significant drop off when a starter goes down. And, IMO, playing time do to injuries does not constitute development. You can also point to the schollie limits as a reason, but it has been yrs since our 2nd string has been even close to the abilities of the starters. I think a lot of this has to do with Cally (pro) and Bo coming form the NFL and having that mentality that is simply starters start and other guys prepare for when injury strikes.

I have also heard for 3 yrs about the pipeline being back, or the deepest we have been in years or we are really going to impose our will this year stuff far to long to believe any of it.

Wow. I've "never" heard that in the last three years (at all). Just the opposite actually.

Just for fun, where are you hearing that?

From guys working on the Keystone project.

I see it as:

LT- Sirles

LG- A. Rod

C- Reeves

RG- Long

RT- Moore

If Peat comes in and is as good as projected, he might take over LT with Sirles rotating in at both tackle spots. Choi, Klachko and Thompson will hopefully rotate at the guard spots.

Choi, the Asian Assasin, will be the bstarter at left guard.

T_O_B

G>B>R

If Cotton is still the O-line coach, it will not get any better than it was the past few years, in fact, it may slide backwards some what....until he is replaced, I don't see Nebraska having an O-line that can protect anyone or open any holes for anyone below the stature of a Burkhead, who will get yardage on his own through his own talent. I also don't see us recruiting anyone that stands out, as any top recruit will look at the lack of improvement that this line has made since the days of Callahan, and decide it would be better to go elsewhere. Sorry, but that is how I see it.

Bottom line: Cotton needs to go...one way or another.

Losing a center always hurts. In 2006, TO might very well have pulled off a 4 peat had it not been for trying to fill the gap left when Aaron Graham graduated. The Arizona State game that year was horrible. I think we can plug and play at the rest of the OL positions, but replacing the center could prove to be a bit more challenging.

Didn't we play Aaron Taylor at center that year? He was 1st team All American center in 1996. But I can't remember when we moved him over from OG. It might have been after teh Ariz St debacle.

LT - T Moore, Sirles

RT- Sirles, ??

LG - Choi, AROD (hopefully in that order)

RG - Long, Cotton

C-Pensick, Reeves

Moudy is a name that has been non-existent since he signed with us. What is up with him?

Qvale is a guy I had high hopes on. Injuries and lack of development from what I hear,

Hopefully Cotton recovers from his injury and comes back strong.

A lot of talent I think. Player development is questionable with Barney. Garrison being on staff full time has really helped. Maybe next year will be even better. I'd love to see Barney get a lateral move in the athletic department and open up another coaching position. My gut feeling is that he is hindering the progress of the line. Seeing how the Husker line has played these last 4 years combined with the few times I heard him speak in person make me think we can do much better. I think Stai as a full time assistant would be an asset on the staff. I like his ideas. He pesonifies some of the older Husker teams that were so successful.

LT - T Moore, Sirles

RT- Sirles, ??

C - Pensick ,Reeves

RG - Long, Cotton

RT - Sirles, Qvale, Moudy

Moudy is a name that has been non-existent since he signed with us. What is up with him?

Qvale is a guy I had high hopes on. Injuries and lack of development from what I hear,

A lot of talent I think. Player development is questionable with Barney. Garrison being on staff fulltime has really helped. Maybe next year will be even better. I'd love to see Barney get a lateral move in the athletic department and open up another coaching position. My gut feeling is that he is hindering the progress of the line. Seeing how the Husker line has played these last 4 years combined with the few times I heard him speak in person make me think we can do much better.

That must be our HEAVY formation. lol at your silly typo. You'd never cut it as a secretary. :lol:

LT - T Moore, Sirles

RT- Sirles, ??

C - Pensick ,Reeves

RG - Long, Cotton

RT - Sirles, Qvale, Moudy

A lot of talent I think. Player development is questionable with Barney. Garrison being on staff fulltime has really helped. Maybe next year will be even better. I'd love to see Barney get a lateral move in the athletic department and open up another coaching position. My gut feeling is that he is hindering the progress of the line. Seeing how the Husker line has played these last 4 years combined with the few times I heard him speak in person make me think we can do much better.

That must be our HEAVY formation. lol at your silly typo. You'd never cut it as a secretary. :lol:

Yea. A bad cut and paste job to be truthful. I edited my post.