The "I'll be happy if..." Thread

Landomatic

Haha...I just love it. 10,000 posters saying how horrible Barney is.

We bring in Stai & Garrison this year and our rushing numbers go "down". Of course, this means Barney should be fired and Garrison & Stai promoted. Makes perfect sense to me.

I know it's possible our bowl game could up the averages a little. I really doubt it though......

2010 ...260 ypg

2011....224 ypg

GBR!!

Good point, but we've taken 14 less sacks this year so far. I actually attribute that more to Taylor being better at throwing the ball away or running it at the proper time, though.

My good friend, we've taken 14 less sacks this year and our rushing totals are "still" way down. What does that say about our road graders????

I actually posted something semi-related to that in the Taylor stat thread.

We bring in Stai & Garrison this year and our rushing numbers go "down". Of course, this means Barney should be fired and Garrison & Stai promoted. Makes perfect sense to me.

I know it's possible our bowl game could up the averages a little. I really doubt it though......

2010 ...260 ypg

2011....224 ypg

GBR!!

Good point, but we've taken 14 less sacks this year so far. I actually attribute that more to Taylor being better at throwing the ball away or running it at the proper time, though.

My good friend, we've taken 14 less sacks this year and our rushing totals are "still" way down. What does that say about our road graders????

I don't think you can throw that ypg stat out and just say "coaching". Some of that ypg difference is due to playing a tougher schedule in a new conference. Some may be due to the guys we're lining up this year, as compared to 2010.

LT Hardrick/Sirles

LG Choi

C Caputo

RG Long

RT Marcel Jones

LT Sirles/Hardrick

LG Keith Williams

C Caputo

RG Ricky Henry

RT D.J. Jones

• Fire 1

2010 ...260 ypg

2011....224 ypg

GBR!!

I don't think you can throw that ypg stat out and just say "coaching". Some of that ypg difference is due to playing a tougher schedule in a new conference. Some may be due to the guys we're lining up this year, as compared to 2010.

LT Hardrick/Sirles

LG Choi

C Caputo

RG Long

RT Marcel Jones

LT Sirles/Hardrick

LG Keith Williams

C Caputo

RG Ricky Henry

RT D.J. Jones

Oh, of course you're correct and I fully agree with you.

I just don't see how Barney is seen as so grossly incompetent by so many. We bring in the other OLine coaches this year and our performance (for whatever reason) goes down but that means that Barney is horrible but Garrison & Stai did well?

Or in other words, as in several other threads, many post how Barney's "coaching" is so horrible but there's never a bad reference to the new Oline coaches (that I've seen anyway). Anyways my friend, no biggie....

GBR!!

2010 ...260 ypg

2011....224 ypg

GBR!!

LT Hardrick/Sirles

LG Choi

C Caputo

RG Long

RT Marcel Jones

LT Sirles/Hardrick

LG Keith Williams

C Caputo

RG Ricky Henry

RT D.J. Jones

Oh, of course you're correct and I fully agree with you.

I just don't see how Barney is seen as so grossly incompetent by so many. We bring in the other OLine coaches this year and our performance (for whatever reason) goes down but that means that Barney is horrible but Garrison & Stai did well?

Or in other words, as in several other threads, many post how Barney's "coaching" is so horrible but there's never a bad reference to the new Oline coaches (that I've seen anyway). Anyways my friend, no biggie....

GBR!!

Yeah, fans are quick to nail a guy up to the cross. The thing is, it’s really tough to tell how much of the blame can be pinned on the coach—if any. Like McBride, for instance. If the internets had been around in the 80’s I’ll be Charlie McBride would have been crucified after certain games we lost. But then in the 90s he suddenly became a defensive genius. Same coach. Different seasons, different players. Same with Barney. I have a feeling that there may be room for improvement with Cotton. But it's not like the guy is operating at some Cosgrovian level of incompetence.

Although not quite the regular season as far as excitement goes, the next 3 months is a fun time for Nebraska football. There are 3 major things happening with various moving parts to each and I'm curious what everyone's threshold for expectations is for each. What result or outcome in the following 3 categories will you be satisfied with?

1) Coaching Changes: I'll be happy if our coaches, whoever they may be, coach our kids up so that they can play competitively next year. I wouldn't have minded losing to Wiscy or Michigan (or NW-although we almost came back and won that one but we never should've been in that position in the first place-especially at home!) had we played competitively.

2) Bowl Game: I'll be happy if we win but if we play competitively and lose that will be disappointing but ok.

3) Recruiting Class: I'll be happy if we get players that will come here-practice hard and play competitively during the games. I remember having that high caliber recruiting class during Callahan's days and some of those boys didn't pan out and they were 5 star recruits! I would much rather have a lowly walk on or Juco that will work hard in practice and play their backsides off during the game vs a diva who thinks he's all that, gets here and falls flat.

I need information;

Why do I always tear up a little bit when I yawn? Doesn't seem too serious but maybe you should see a Doctor. Or you're just sad that you're tired and a little too emotional about the whole situation.

Why does the window motor in my Jeep go out right before Winter? If this has happened more than 2 times, get a different vehicle or go to a different mechanic. Not really an answer but it is a solution.

How is Justin Bieber still alive? I'm stumped. How about something easier like; what is the meaning of life? This one falls into the catagory of "there is no accounting for taste" along with Snooki, reality TV, and how is it remotely possible that Obama could get elected again.