Who is the 2011 MVP?

knapplc

Who is the 2011 MVP?  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I originally voted for David, and I don't think he's NOT the MVP, but I switched it to Dennard. Compton was, at times, quite good at LB. Without Fonzie we have nothing at DB. Nothing.

Andrew Green is really coming into form though Knapp. I give Andrew some credit b/c he has still gotten picked on and has made some great pass break-ups and some lone tackles. He also had a great TFL against Iowa. The young man is getting better. I like his future as a blackshirt.

Tough choice between Burkhead and David, but I had to go with David, because without him this average defense would have really been bad. He was a game changer and saved the game or changed the tide of the game several times throughout the season. He was the one player that legitimately could be called a Blackshirt IMHO.

Burkhead is a man. He is the one go to back that we have. Martinez does what he does out of good athletic ability and a lot of luck. He is not a good QB, his mechanics stink. Burkhead is the one guy that everyone know is going to get the ball, has a sub-par O-line in front of him that couldn't open a hole if nobody was standing in front of them, yet Burkhead is able to get the yards. He has a good future in the NFL if he can stay healthy. But without David, we wouldn't have been 9-3 or anything close to it. He carried the defense on his back, and without his numbers the defensive rankings would have really been apathatic and probably in the bottom half of the country in rankings all the way around.

I originally voted for David, and I don't think he's NOT the MVP, but I switched it to Dennard. Compton was, at times, quite good at LB. Without Fonzie we have nothing at DB. Nothing.

Andrew Green is really coming into form though Knapp. I give Andrew some credit b/c he has still gotten picked on and has made some great pass break-ups and some lone tackles. He also had a great TFL against Iowa. The young man is getting better. I like his future as a blackshirt.

Green played far better at the end of the regular season than at the beginning, and I have high hopes for him moving forward. But going into 2012, if you say you're more confident in Green taking over for Dennard than you are in Compton taking over for David, I'll be surprised. The dropoff from Dennard to Green is far more precipitous than from David to Compton - at least, based on this year's play.

You have to pick one. When I have a tough decision like this, I flip a coin. If I don't like what the coin flip chose, I choose the other guy.

No offensive or defensive MVP. Then you might as well do Special Teams, and maybe coaches, and in the end we're bogged down with some huge awards presentation like the Oscars, and NOBODY wants to see Yoshi in a skin-tight outfight walking down the red carpet.

Agree it's a coin flip between David & Rex. Fonzy is a good argument too. Heh, a coin flip between those "three".

I go w/Rex as he's the one and only guy we have who could make good run yardage even with our dismal blocking. I don't know how many times he got positive yardage while breaking though tackles behind the LOS.