LB Torshiro Davis

corncraze

He must have a bad taste in his mouth right now. You are committed to a school that is playing for the title and will have one of the best classes to boot but you are looking around, oh, and its your home state school? Seems odd to me, not odd in a bad way just different.

It is interesting for sure. Wonder if he is miffed at the Mad Hatter and Co.

Probably feeling a little less love after they went after another LB..........................which begs the question..........IF that is his reason (and we don't KNOW that it is)..................do we really want someone afraid of some competition??

jump+to+conclusions+mat.jpg

Ha............good rejoinder.....................although it's not jumping to a conclusion.................just idle speculative musing passing the day.........................

I have never really bought into the idea of being afraid of competition. I think most peoples goals in life are to "work smart and not hard", I dont mean that people want to be lazy but I mean people would rather find the smartest way to accomplish their goals rather then the most difficult.

Put it into relation with a job. Say you have a path and want to be a CEO of a company and you are at company X right now with 5 people that would probably be "ahead of you" for that job that are all around your age, meaning that your chances are pretty slim, assuming you are all the same type of worker.

So then company Y offers you a position as asst CEO to a current CEO that is say, 60 years old. Does it make you scared of competition if you take that offer because it increases your odds of getting your goal?

I have never really bought into the idea of being afraid of competition. I think most peoples goals in life are to "work smart and not hard", I dont mean that people want to be lazy but I mean people would rather find the smartest way to accomplish their goals rather then the most difficult.

Put it into relation with a job. Say you have a path and want to be a CEO of a company and you are at company X right now with 5 people that would probably be "ahead of you" for that job that are all around your age, meaning that your chances are pretty slim, assuming you are all the same type of worker.

So then company Y offers you a position as asst CEO to a current CEO that is say, 60 years old. Does it make you scared of competition if you take that offer because it increases your odds of getting your goal?

You are right on the money. The notion of "afraid of competition" is really rather odd. You go where you are needed, can slot in and contribute, help the team, and meet your goals. If at University X there is one position "open" and the team has three guys waiting in line for the position (already on the roster) and two alongside you are being recruited --- and at University Y, there are two "openings" at your position, two guys waiting in line and one other is recruited along with you --- so long as the two universities are comparable in caliber of football/education... of course you would hedge towards University Y. That is not being afraid of competition... it is just smart and reasonable.

You are right on the money. The notion of "afraid of competition" is really rather odd. You go where you are needed, can slot in and contribute, help the team, and meet your goals. If at University X there is one position "open" and the team has three guys waiting in line for the position (already on the roster) and two alongside you are being recruited --- and at University Y, there are two "openings" at your position, two guys waiting in line and one other is recruited along with you --- so long as the two universities are comparable in caliber of football/education... of course you would hedge towards University Y. That is not being afraid of competition... it is just smart and reasonable.

Thanks!

“Honestly, I just think LSU is a lot better choice then Nebraska,” David said.

http://sports.omaha.com/2011/12/18/recruiting-official-visitors-soak-up-the-husker-experience/

Oh well. He has his reasons for feeling that, but I have a feeling that it has more with things not related to football. I'm telling you prospects from south have preconceptions about NU that aren't fair. This isn't gonna change until we start winning the B1G and legitimately contend for national championships.