Ok, so we're even, neither of us have DC's

Was Carl that great a Coordinator or was he kept around out of pure nepotism?

I never got a feel for you all's opinion just because this year's defense was kind of off but it looks like he had a few good ones in the past.

It's hard to say whose defense we were seeing out there. I've heard conflicting reports about how much control Bo/Carl had from year to year, game to game and even in games. Nobody really knows. We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

Was Carl that great a Coordinator or was he kept around out of pure nepotism?

I never got a feel for you all's opinion just because this year's defense was kind of off but it looks like he had a few good ones in the past.

It's hard to say whose defense we were seeing out there. I've heard conflicting reports about how much control Bo/Carl had from year to year, game to game and even in games. Nobody really knows. We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

Yeah...I agree with knappic. I definitely never thought Carl was around out of "pure nepotism" that's for sure. I think nepotism granted him some opportunities faster that other coaches would have had to work their way toward. But I always felt like Carl brought a lot to the table. Off the field he was kind of a wash. He had some "dipping his pen in the wrong ink" issues and that situation with the camera after the aTm game was a little embarrassing. But his demeanor with the press and fans overall one could argue was better than his brother's. Carl is a big loss for us but I don't think as big of a loss as Johnson will be for the c$%ks.

Ellis absence will be felt, but at least the defensive position coaches believe in the system that got us here (4-2-5) and mixing up a little (3-3-5), so they won't try to make any changes for the bowl game. Lorenzo Ward will be calling the shots, but I don't know if he'll be in the booth or down on the field. I'm sure Ward will do a good job, but I think the defense is going to have to count on athleticism a lot this game, until they hammer some things out.

Ellis absence will be felt, but at least the defensive position coaches believe in the system that got us here (4-2-5) and mixing up a little (3-3-5), so they won't try to make any changes for the bowl game. Lorenzo Ward will be calling the shots, but I don't know if he'll be in the booth or down on the field. I'm sure Ward will do a good job, but I think the defense is going to have to count on athleticism a lot this game, until they hammer some things out.

Well no wonder you're passing D is so good. You've stolen Nebraska's Peso defense.