Ohio State banned from postseason play in 2012

Nexus

The NCAA today stunned Ohio State University’s football program by banning it from postseason play after the 2012 season, multiple sources told The Dispatch.

The penalty means Ohio State automatically is out of the running for any bowl, or a Big Ten or national championship next year, just as newly appointed head coach Urban Meyer is wooing recruits to the Buckeyes.

Athletic Director Gene Smith said previously that while Ohio State has been declared a repeat violator that failed to properly monitor its football program, a bowl ban would be out of line with penalties handed to universities with similar violations.

Continue Reading

Wow gives Urban Liars newly swayed recruits something to think about over the dead period. No clue how the scumbag Gene Smith still has his job at this point or for that matter his douchebag sidekick Gordon "Im glad Tressell didn't fire me" Gee.

Gee's not the first chancellor with a severe case of foot in mouth disorder and won't be the last... so I'm not terribly surprised he is still around. I am surprised the AD kept his job though, must have dirt on someone.

Wow gives Urban Liars newly swayed recruits something to think about over the dead period. No clue how the scumbag Gene Smith still has his job at this point or for that matter his douchebag sidekick Gordon "Im glad Tressell didn't fire me" Gee.

Liar, scumbag, douchebag?

Perhaps Rex should take over the posting duties.

I also find it funny that everyone is talking about the hammer that was dropped on OSU. This is the same NCAA that last year at this time allowed OSU to play in the sugar bowl for competitive balance. It wasn't fair to the kid that worked so hard to not be a part of that sugar bowl. However it is fair to hurt kids next year and the following three years that had nothing to do with this scandal.

Confused over the loss of scholarships over the next 3 years........................OSU previously voluntarily gave up 5...................is the penalty now 4?................or 4 in addition to their voluntary 5............making 9 (significant difference).....

Confused over the loss of scholarships over the next 3 years........................OSU previously voluntarily gave up 5...................is the penalty now 4?................or 4 in addition to their voluntary 5............making 9 (significant difference).....

NCAA added 4 to the 5 that OSU self-imposed. So it's 9 over the next 3 years.

NCAA added 4 to the 5 that OSU self-imposed. So it's 9 over the next 3 years.

Thanks.............I was pretty sure that was correct, but the source I read was a little hazy............................

I also find it funny that everyone is talking about the hammer that was dropped on OSU. This is the same NCAA that last year at this time allowed OSU to play in the sugar bowl for competitive balance. It wasn't fair to the kid that worked so hard to not be a part of that sugar bowl. However it is fair to hurt kids next year and the following three years that had nothing to do with this scandal.

In all fairness, many of the details we know now about the Tatoo 5 came out after the NCAA granted the waiver.

Had the NCAA known the extent of what was going on then, they would not have been allowed to play. IIRC, one of the infractions committee members said as much this summer before Miami broke.

Sweet...UW back to Indy in a UCLA-esqe romp. I'm looking forward to it.

I still hate you.

:P

Also this is the first time EVER a post season ban has been set for a team that did not get LOIC.

Didn't Mississippi State receive a ban after an FTM charge with no LOIC?