Some impressive Bo numbers........

Comish

No debate, Bo has done a pretty damn good job. The best part is, he still has a lot of room to grow as a Head Coach. I just hope he's still here when he figures it all out. Nebraska's expectations have always been high. Sometimes too high. Fans can be a bit ridiculous and demanding. Too many of us feel like we are failing as a team if we don't win it all. It's completely far off base. These past few years have been successful and the future appears to be bright in my opinion. I support Bo and will continue to do so. I think he's earned a good long shot at getting this thing right. Nebraska need to get back to the days of having a coach around for a good while. I don't want to become one of those revolving door types of Universities. Again, I think we may end up seeing a 9-4 type of year again this season, but still that's not terrible. It's pretty damn good. If those losses can at least become a bit more competitive I think I can handle that as a Husker fan. I'll always yearn for more. I'll always want more W's and I'll always want the NC. As long as we have a team that looks like they want it just as bad as the rest of the state does then I'll be happy with the effort. It's the Wisconsin, Michigan and Northwestern games like last season that seem to leave a longer sting.

Haha...Nice bump by the way. Sometimes I miss some good discussions.

Who in their right mind can read the posts in this thread from comish and caveman and then say with a straight face that Bo is not a good coach? The wins are there, the off field success is there, talent development is there, recruiting is there, improvement in his demeanor showed up this season... all signs point in a positive direction for Nebraska football. What am I missing?

:sarcasm

0 Conference Titles

0 National Titles

0 Heisman Winners

0-2 versus Texas

0-1 versus the SEC

:sarcasm

Recruiting Coach . . . .Recruiting stars . . . . . . Drafted by NFL

Solich . . . . . . . . . . . . . ??? . . . . . . . . . . 11

Callahan . . . . . . . . . . . 3.22 . . . . . . . . . . .17

Pelini . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.25 . . . . . . . . . . . .3 (and counting)

Caveman99 - could you find the average stars of Solich's last 4 seasons?

My guess is both Mr. Pelini and BillyC have better recruiting classes than Mr. Solich, but Mr. Solich would need a ranking of 2.14 to be proportional in the number of NFL draftees. If it is significantly over then he had issues coaching. If it is significantly under, then Billy Boy can't coach.

Hukser,

Ummm Bo has had WAY more than three players drafted:

1. Prince Amukamara

2. Eric Haag

3. Dijon Gomes

4. Ndamukong Suh

5. Bo Ruud

6. Zach Bowman

7. Carl Nicks

8. Cody Glenn

9. Lydon Murtha

10. Matt Slauson

11. Alex Henery

12. Lavonte David

13. Jared Crick

14. Alphonso Dennard

And those are the names I'm thinking of off the top of my head. That's 14 players, and I know I'm forgeting a few more, since '08 and that doesn't even count free agents who have made an NFL team.

My guess is both Mr. Pelini and BillyC have better recruiting classes than Mr. Solich, but Mr. Solich would need a ranking of 2.14 to be proportional in the number of NFL draftees. If it is significantly over then he had issues coaching. If it is significantly under, then Billy Boy can't coach.

Hukser,

1. Prince Amukamara

2. Eric Haag

3. Dijon Gomes

4. Ndamukong Suh

5. Bo Ruud

6. Zach Bowman

7. Carl Nicks

8. Cody Glenn

9. Lydon Murtha

10. Matt Slauson

11. Alex Henery

12. Lavonte David

13. Jared Crick

14. Alphonso Dennard

And those are the names I'm thinking of off the top of my head. That's 14 players, and I know I'm forgeting a few more, since '08 and that doesn't even count free agents who have made an NFL team.

Lol! Great post.

Just par for the course. "3" instead of "14".....lol!

Actually, it isn't hard to see why he came up with the number 3.

Dejon Gomes, Lavonte David, and Alfonzo Dennard are the only ones recruited by Bo. Given that he was comparing the 'drafted by NFL' relative to their original recruiting classes...

The few that have been missed - Marcel, Keith Williams, Niles Paul, were all recruited at least initially under Callahan. As long as the same standard for counting recruits was used for Callahan, the numbers given seem fair...but, keep in mind, incomplete. Bo has a smaller pool of [recruited players who have been eligible for the NFL draft.] So the representation of the numbers is unfair in that regard.

Actually, it isn't hard to see why he came up with the number 3. Dejon Gomes, Lavonte David, and Alfonzo Dennard are the only ones recruited by Bo. Given that he was comparing the 'drafted by NFL' relative to their original recruiting classes...

At least half those players I listed weren't even considered NFL claiber until AFTER Bo coached 'em up so while they may have been initially recruited by Callahan he gets absolutely zero credit for them being in the league due to how terrible half his teams were.

Hukser,

1. Prince Amukamara

2. Eric Haag

3. Dijon Gomes

4. Ndamukong Suh

5. Bo Ruud

6. Zach Bowman

7. Carl Nicks

8. Cody Glenn

9. Lydon Murtha

10. Matt Slauson

11. Alex Henery

12. Lavonte David

13. Jared Crick

14. Alphonso Dennard

And I didn't quote blackshirt316 post, sorry. Zoogies was right. The heading should have been something like "recruited players who made the NFL draft" I was trying to get a handle on talent coming in vs talent leaving - which includes coaching, "quality" recruiting, "effective" recruiting and retention of talent.

Actually, it isn't hard to see why he came up with the number 3. Dejon Gomes, Lavonte David, and Alfonzo Dennard are the only ones recruited by Bo. Given that he was comparing the 'drafted by NFL' relative to their original recruiting classes...

At least half those players I listed weren't even considered NFL claiber until AFTER Bo coached 'em up so while they may have been initially recruited by Callahan he gets absolutely zero credit for them being in the league due to how terrible half his teams were.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE COACHED THEM HE DIDN'T RECRUIT THEM HOLY HELL.

That's very subjective. I mean, do Callahan and Cosgrove then get credit for turning Adam Carriker into one of the highest Husker draft picks of the recent era?

Not that Bo doesn't deserve a ton of credit for guys he's coached.

Adam Carriker went into the NFL in spite of the previous coaching staff that was here, but they get the "credit" for him going to the NFL on their watch.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE COACHED THEM HE DIDN'T RECRUIT THEM HOLY HELL.

IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT BO DIDN'T RECRUIT THEM...

BECAUSE CLEARLY THEY, AND THE ENTIRE TEAM, UNDER-PERFORMED TWO OF THE FOUR YEARS WHILE CALLAHAN AND COMPANY WERE HERE.

CAN WE STOP USING ALL CAPS NOW? HOLY HELL.

Bo can recruit.

Bo can develop talent.

Why are we a championship or bust fanbase? Try to enjoy the progress the program has made.... The Future at NU is bright, can that be (legitimately) argued?

It's not proven yet that he can recruit, but he has proven that he can develop talent.

Yes it can be debated because he needs to get the talent to win. It doesn't matter how good your schemes are, if you have a bunch of slow walk on's, you will not win at a level that a program like Nebraska should.

Bo can recruit.

Bo can develop talent.

Why are we a championship or bust fanbase? Try to enjoy the progress the program has made.... The Future at NU is bright, can that be (legitimately) argued?

It's not proven yet that he can recruit, but he has proven that he can develop talent.

Yes it can be debated because he needs to get the talent to win. It doesn't matter how good your schemes are, if you have a bunch of slow walk on's, you will not win at a level that a program like Nebraska should.

One thing that cant be argued is Bo's ability to judge talent, shown by his Juco track record. This should translate to HS recruits as well. He needs to get more of the play right away talent out of high school (high 4 and 5 star), instead of the talent that needs a few years to develop. Thats about the only thing he hasnt done, that he needs more of, and winning will solve that.