Some impressive Bo numbers........

Comish

The Dude, JJHusker, BSshirt, HuskertillIdie.......If you dont know the difference between coaching and recruiting, stop posting about college football.

You seem to be the one confused here.

inherited a decent amount of talent (look at all the NFL picks over the last 4 years).

Sure he "inherited talent", but those talented guys were far below average football players before Bo and his staff developed them and sent them to the NFL. It would appear you're the one who doesn't understand the difference.

Take your own advice:

If you dont know the difference between coaching and recruiting, stop posting about college football.

Lol, I expected this type of reply from you..... pointless and without any substance.

First, where did i say Callahan could coach, motivate, scheme or develop players? Please, show me......dont worry, I'll wait......

Confused? Or just cant read very well?

A crowd of internet genius posters like you got the last coach who won a conference fired. Maybe you'll succeed again and bring in another "NFL guru" so we can watch NU get cremated and humiliated (over & over & over) yet again. Ten wins? Nine wins? Haha....five or six if we're lucky. We're not in a down & out BigXII North anymore so maybe two or three wins will have to do.

I never said Bo should be fired. I dont think Solich should have been fired either. Cally was a horrible hire and I knew it the moment they announced it. NFL mentality and WC offense doesnt work here. But, nice assumptions......

Hey, i may not understand or agree with some of Pelini's decisions, but I dont think he should be fired.

What I dont like is people making Pelini out to be great, or putting Pelini on TO's level by comparing their wins per year, its misleading.

Some more stats for the "Pelini is perfect and I will jump on anyone who questions him" group.....

Tom O. NEVER lost 4 games in a season. Bo has lost 4 games three seasons in a row and in danger of another, if he loses the bowl game.

TO's average losses per year: 1.96

Pelini's average losses per year: 3.75 (4.0 if he losses the bowl game)

As for the recruitng numbers Caveman posted. That was a great response to my recruiting comment. I didnt realize by the stars how close they are. Nice post, sir! +1

The Dude, JJHusker, BSshirt, HuskertillIdie.......If you dont know the difference between coaching and recruiting, stop posting about college football.

You seem to be the one confused here.

inherited a decent amount of talent (look at all the NFL picks over the last 4 years).

Sure he "inherited talent", but those talented guys were far below average football players before Bo and his staff developed them and sent them to the NFL. It would appear you're the one who doesn't understand the difference.

Take your own advice:

If you dont know the difference between coaching and recruiting, stop posting about college football.

Lol, I expected this type of reply from you..... pointless and without any substance.

First, where did i say Callahan could coach, motivate, scheme or develop players? Please, show me......dont worry, I'll wait......

Confused? Or just cant read very well?

You didn't say that, nor did I suggest you did. Again, I'm not the one confused here. I'll just leave you with :facepalm:

Dude, just give it up. Sad.....

Le sigh. I didn't think I actually had to spell it out for you. You suggested all the kids Bo sent to the NFL was due to all the talent he inherited. I said it has more to do with he and his staff's ability to develop talent. Nothing further. I'm not sure where Callahan's coaching, motivation, scheme, ect. came into play in this discussion. Keep posting, you're doing well.

What I find interesting is comparing Texas to Nebraska. Solich played for a NC, lost, had a subpar season following the NC loss, then had a pretty decent 10 win season the next year. His status: fired. Mack Brown played for a NC, lost, had a non-bowl eligible season following, then had another very subpar season. His status: multi-year contract extension.

• Fire 1

What I find interesting is comparing Texas to Nebraska. Solich played for a NC, lost, had a subpar season following the NC loss, then had a pretty decent 10 win season the next year. His status: fired. Mack Brown played for a NC, lost, had a non-bowl eligible season following, then had another very subpar season. His status: multi-year contract extension.

That's what winning a MNC 6 years ago will get you apparently.

The intersting thing is the fact that his current contract doesn't even expire until 2016. His last two years have not been up to Texas standards, plus Mack is getting up there in years. I just don't understand their logic giving him a multi-year contract extension any more than I understood our logic for firing Solich. With the way things are going, it's no wonder Muschamp bolted for Florida even though he was the HC in waiting at Texas because it appears he could have been waiting over a decade.

The intersting thing is the fact that his current contract doesn't even expire until 2016. His last two years have not been up to Texas standards, plus Mack is getting up there in years. I just don't understand their logic giving him a multi-year contract extension any more than I understood our logic for firing Solich. With the way things are going, it's no wonder Muschamp bolted for Florida even though he was the HC in waiting at Texas because it appears he could have been waiting over a decade.

i guess old Mack Daddie has some pics of some UT officials with farm animals?

i guess old Mack Daddie has some pics of some UT officials with farm animals?

Or Dan Beebe

I'll never understand it either. Frank won the BigXII, beat Texas & played in a NC game (should have in 1999 too) and twice won the BigXII COY. For that we fired him. Bizarre.

Mack has that NC which is a biggie and to his full credit but look at the recruits he gets every single year. Wow. Now he's losing to Iowa St, KSU (4 years in a row) and lots of other teams. For that he gets contract extensions. Makes perfect sense, right?

Haha...it's crazy.

The crazy part is Mack Brown is 60 years old. He will be 65 when his contract expires. I don't understand the multi-year extension at this point considering he's one of the highest paid coaches in college football and his team has stunk up the place the past two years. Of course, I guess it is becoming the norm. for coaches to get contract extensions and pay raises right before they are fired.

I'll never understand it either. Frank won the BigXII, beat Texas & played in a NC game (should have in 1999 too) and twice won the BigXII COY. For that we fired him. Bizarre.

Mack has that NC which is a biggie and to his full credit but look at the recruits he gets every single year. Wow. Now he's losing to Iowa St, KSU (4 years in a row) and lots of other teams. For that he gets contract extensions. Makes perfect sense, right?

Haha...it's crazy.

I think Solich's firing came down to the direction those people in power felt Nebraska needed to go, and they felt Solich wasn't heading in that direction for whatever number of reasons.

Brown is just an above average coach with great talent around him. The only reason he won a MNC is because of one player - Vince Young.

I still can't believe this has transitioned to Solich compared to Mack Brown.

Different Schools

Different Administrations

Different Points in their career

Different Points in the programs

Different sets of athletes on each team

and on and on.

It's just bizarre how the different schools and administrations think. What makes this easy to compare is just how far apart those schools and administrations are on the spectrum. I wouldn't say each is at a different point in their career when you compare ages. Solich was fired eight years ago, but he's seven years older than Mack Brown. There is a different set of athletes on each of those teams which makes it even more bizarre. Solich managed a 9-10 win season depending on how you view the bowl game with perceived inferior talent. Mack Brown's team was barely bowl eligible with perceived superior talent. Texas now has painted themselves into a corner where it will be more difficult to get rid of Brown if his teams continue to disappoint year in and year out.