Bo insists he's 'not out looking around'

Nexus

ORLANDO, Fla. — Bo Pelini frequently has changed zip codes during his coaching career, never staying in one spot for more than three seasons — until now.

The fourth-year Nebraska head coach, often an irascible sort, jokingly says most people grow tired of him after three years.

OK, he has a point there.

That said, Pelini was upbeat and pleasant Tuesday. Bo loves this bowl stuff. Loves the team outings. Loves having family around him. He has been so jovial this week, it seems like he might just coach at Nebraska forever. Imagine that.

Cynics snicker at such a notion, insistent Pelini is forever looking at other jobs.

Continue Reading

I like hearing this kind of news about Bo. I don't know why we don't allow him to have 'bad hair days' just like the rest of us. He's human too! I hope that Bo has a wonderful time with his family and that he wins this game! (That should put the muzzle on the mean naysayers that have been posting poppycock & balderdash on this board! A person can 'naysay' but they don't have to attack the person's character in the process!)

The only thing I don't really care for is that Sipple is making himself a part of the story. I don't think reporters should do that. Dirk does it way to much. Shitel does it but at least he's solely a columnist. I don't agree that reporters should also do opinion columns as the lines between fact and "what if" fiction gets blurred to often and pretty soon they start to think that people are reading the sports for them and not the information. If you want the story to be about you go do radio.

The only thing I don't really care for is that Sipple is making himself a part of the story. I don't think reporters should do that. Dirk does it way to much. Shitel does it but at least he's solely a columnist. I don't agree that reporters should also do opinion columns as the lines between fact and "what if" fiction gets blurred to often and pretty soon they start to think that people are reading the sports for them and not the information. If you want the story to be about you go do radio.

Agreed. Sipple said Bo was "pleasant".

I think he and Bo probably have one of the better Coach/Reporter relationships. I think he also respects Sam at the OWH too because he at least understands football and reports both the good and the bad. I don't think a reporter needs to be a sunshine pumper or debbie downer 24/7.

Coincidentally, Sipple and

I think he and Bo probably have one of the better Coach/Reporter relationships. I think he also respects Sam at the OWH too because he at least understands football and reports both the good and the bad. I don't think a reporter needs to be a sunshine pumper or debbie downer 24/7.

I'd say Sipple and Sam are two of the best reporters we have in Nebraska (covering Husker football). Although they are two very different reporters, they both do a bang-up job.

I would throw Christopherson in there as well.... OWH has upped their coverage big time this year though.... The vidcast, and podcast are nice....

I like BC, and Jon Nyatawa at the OWH as well. Nyatawa seems to be able to stay above the fray and just focus on the facts, which has been a rare talent in that news room over the years. He's had his flaps with Bo but it doesn't seem to leak into his reporting, which is a talent I greatly admire.

Bleachers say NE is the 7th best College Football coaching job.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/554716-the-top-50-coaching-jobs-in-college-football#/articles/554716-the-top-50-coaching-jobs-in-college-football/page/45

Yahoo agrees.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-7528242

SI.com Says its 15th.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1106/most.desirable.cfb.coaching.jobs/content.15.html

So the Nebraska job is thought of as a pretty good job. Why all the worry about him leaving. If he wants to go then do we really want him?

I would throw Christopherson in there as well.... OWH has upped their coverage big time this year though.... The vidcast, and podcast are nice....

I like BC, and Jon Nyatawa at the OWH as well. Nyatawa seems to be able to stay above the fray and just focus on the facts, which has been a rare talent in that news room over the years. He's had his flaps with Bo but it doesn't seem to leak into his reporting, which is a talent I greatly admire.

I like both Sam and Jon. I agree with your assessment. I like Shatel sometimes, Dirk makes me nervous and I like Lee B sometimes too.

I imagine I'm in the minority here, but I like Chatlein as well.... His negative approach towards the Huskers does get annoying, but for some reason I like reading his stuff....