Rich Fisher - new Recruiting Coordinator?

knapplc

Not terribly odd when you look at what he did at Rivers School:

Fisher spent the previous two seasons as the head coach at Rivers School in Weston, Mass., where he compiled a 12-5 record. In 2010, Fisher coached Rivers School to a perfect 8-0 regular season, the school's first undefeated regular season since 1915 and its only ISL championship. In fact, it was just the school's third winning season in the past 25 years and the first since 1979. The team also played in the Norm Walker Bowl at Gillette Stadium, the first-ever bowl game for Rivers School.

The successful season came in large part because of an explosive offense, as Rivers averaged more than 40 points per game.

LINK

Fisher is a "big-picture guy," to borrow Sean Callahan's phrase, and you cannot argue with the success he had at a traditionally awful school. It was the Massachusetts private high school equivalent of what Bill Snyder did at KSU in the 90s.

You need a big-picture guy to run your recruiting, so you're not dropping the ball at times during the season, or with certain positions. There's no guarantee Fisher will succeed based on his past at a private high school football league, but he has the tools to succeed.

Did he have an impact of significant on the recruiting trail....

He's been the lead recruiter on Thomas Brown and Jordan Westerkamp. Hopefully he seals the deal on Westerkamp and some of the other guys he's got in the mix. I don't follow recruiting as much, so you may have to ask the guys in the Recruiting Forum for a better analysis.

Who is Rich Fisher and what are his qualifications? Question: Doesn't everyone help in recruiting? So the RC just organizes everything? (Sorry to ask such sophmoric questions but I'm still learning all of the ins and outs of football-bear with me? Thanks for being great teachers :))

Hes our receivers coach that joined us last year when Gilmore left.

Yes everyone helps out and recruits but the RC is responsible for making early contact, organizing how that player will be recruited, which coaches will talk to him and when, etc. They also take the first look at a kids film and build his file that the coaches use. They actually have lots of help with this but its the RC's job to make sure everyone is doing what's asked.

Who is Rich Fisher and what are his qualifications? Question: Doesn't everyone help in recruiting? So the RC just organizes everything? (Sorry to ask such sophmoric questions but I'm still learning all of the ins and outs of football-bear with me? Thanks for being great teachers :))

Yes everyone helps out and recruits but the RC is responsible for making early contact, organizing how that player will be recruited, which coaches will talk to him and when, etc. They also take the first look at a kids film and build his file that the coaches use. They actually have lots of help with this but its the RC's job to make sure everyone is doing what's asked.

Also the RC sets up the official visits and activities for the recruits during their stay.

Coach Fisher is very organized from all I heard, but personally think that Coach Garrison would accel in this role

Thanks!