My Take on the Game

Ronznotes

I think the SEC is perfectly respectable in their OCS Scheduling. I already rattled off their big games this year so let me challenge you since you want to rag on them. What big, marquee road trip games did Big Ten teams schedule outside of the Midwest? OSU to Miami? That's about all you got. Bama went to Penn State and LSU went to Morgantown. That's twice as many games as we had.

I was wrong about where the LSU game was.

Minny played at USC so we are tied at two. It will be interesting to see how this compares next year. I think it was just a year where the B1G teams had their marquee games at home. Next year they should be on the road, while the SEC will still be staying in the South.

Minnesota to USC is hardly a "Big, marquee road trip". That's a bottom feeder going to play a conference predator.

As far as next year here are notable Big Ten OCS games. Road games are bolded. "Big" Games (top 15 opponents) are shaded.

UW @ Oregon State

Illinois@ ASU

NU @ UCLA

Indiana @ Navy

Purdue @ Notre Dame

Michigan State v. Boise

Penn State @ UVA

OSU v. Cal

Michigan v. Bama in Dallas

Northwestern @ Syracuse

Northwestern v. Vandy

Average ranking of notable OCS opponents: 53

Note: Final BCS rankings from 2011 CFB season used. Alabama v. Michigan and Northwestern v. Vandy excluded.

List is not all inclusive, several schools still have open dates.

And the SEC

Alabama v. Michigan (Dallas)

Auburn v. Clemson (Atlanta)

Kentucky @ Lousiville

Florida @ FSU

Mizzou v. ASU

Vanderbilt @ Northwestern

Georgia v. Georgia Tech

USC @ Clemson

Ole Miss v. Texas

LSU v. Washington

Tennessee v. NC State (Atlanta)

Average ranking of notable OCS opponents: 35

It seems pretty clear that the only 'Big Game' for either conference outside of their regular league schedule and region is that Bama-Michigan game....and please don't try to make the argument that Dallas is a home game for Bama. Please.

I know Minny is a bottom feeder, but all you were asking for is marquee road games and USC is marqee and the game was played in southern california.

Nah, Dallas isn't a home game for Alabama, not like it was for LSU this year vs Oregon.

So, you throw out a blanket statement backed by zero evidence, then get butthurt when called on it? Nice.... Since we're making unsubstantiated claims and counting them as fact, I invented the internet.

Apperently you aren't watching the same team as I am. We have had many drives that were killed by poor ball handling by TMart.

There, now you've at least backtracked to a somewhat realistic statement, although it's a far cry from your original statement in which you were called on and thus got butthurt.

Michigan plays Alabama next year?!?!? That'll be exciting.

Alabama will roll. chuckleshuffle

They should, but losing Richardson who is their entire offense gives Mechicken some hope.

Agreed, however Bama returns six defensive starters and seven offensive starters. It doesn't mean they'll reload, of course, but they're returning quite a bit. Defensively, they'll still be pretty darn good.