Baylor vs. Washington

redblooded

Believe me, no one on this board dislikes KSU more than I..... but I do have to recognize what Snyder did for the program.

Question: Is what Art Briles doing at Baylor BETTER - WORSE than what Snyder did at KSU ? Both programs were horrible and both coaches have taken them to a completely different level than anyone imagined. Yes, they had great players, but they had to recruit those guys and convince them to come to a losing school.

** Both of these guys must be tremendous motivators and coaches.... Didn't say I "liked" them, just giving respect where respect is due !!

Believe me, no one on this board dislikes KSU more than I..... but I do have to recognize what Snyder did for the program.

Question: Is what Art Briles doing at Baylor BETTER - WORSE than what Snyder did at KSU ? Both programs were horrible and both coaches have taken them to a completely different level than anyone imagined. Yes, they had great players, but they had to recruit those guys and convince them to come to a losing school.

** Both of these guys must be tremendous motivators and coaches.... Didn't say I "liked" them, just giving respect where respect is due !!

I'd have to say Synder is more surprising, but mostly because Baylor's been more of a gradual upswing. I mean pretty much since RG3's freshman year you knew with him playing, even as just a runner, Baylor had a puncher's chance vs anyone. Now that RG3's become a pretty legit passer, with his ability to keep plays alive Baylor's winning was not as surprising. Both are good coaches, but I'd say Snyder is definitely better overall at this point for doing it twice now. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Baylor once RG3 leaves. The guy's just a once in a decade sort of athlete in cfb (more at a Baylor).

So my question is, should RG3 make the right decision and turn pro, is he the #2 qb off the board? There's obviously nothing more he'd ever prove at Baylor, they won't have the defense to make a championship run.

Between Vick and Tebow I think they might actually have enough proof that these athletic running quarterbacks can win, and RG3 is very similar to a young Vick, with a much better arm. Frankly potential wise I'd take him above Luck (but I've always thought manning like QB's were boring).

He'd be another knee injury away from losing millions and he will never add to his legend at Baylor. It'd a pretty big risk for a very little reward.

Edit: on a side note Baylor's offense has looked completely gassed in the second quarter, which is surprising considering they were in track meets half the year.

WOW! Announced the teams are on pace to go over 1000 yards for the game.

After the last drive I would have to say that Price is outplaying RG3. Kinda confused how Washington only won 7 games this season????

2 minutes to go in the half.....28-21 Washington

Thought Price was gimpy at some point in the NU vs UW game. They weren't the same team with just Polk as a weapon.

IMO, RG3 turns pro.....can't do anything more to "up" his draft stock..... everything to lose and nothing to gain (except team goals)....

He will be #2 player off of board and get to play "inside" either at Indy or Minn..... 2 great franchises who are down this year...

Go Pro

Sark said it at the half, it's been conditioning, especially on the line. UW has been physically wearing Baylor down, especially on the lines. They got one TD off a turnover, but were getting sacks also in the second quarter on RG3.

Like I edited above, Baylor's offense looked Gassed, and their defense not surprisingly is out-manned. It looked like their players went home and ate a huge amount of turkey for a week then just showed up at the game and forgot that they'd have to run for more then a quarter.

IMO, RG3 turns pro.....can't do anything more to "up" his draft stock..... everything to lose and nothing to gain (except team goals)....

He will be #2 player off of board and get to play "inside" either at Indy or Minn..... 2 great franchises who are down this year...

Go Pro

Agreed, although, Minn seems doubtful since they drafted a qb last year.