So after the disasterous Cap One bowl...

I think we will be just fine. With a few recruits set to announce their commitments tomorrow (not sure who, so don't ask me), I think we get 2 or 3 commits in the next week and finish out strong.

Two say this game changes opinions of recruits is funny really. That Marine all star game will be fun two watch twomorrow night.

Well played sir. :clap

Nice Shark. I thought other than the hail mary the 1st half was coached really well. The second half looked like the Bad News Bears. Blame who you want on that one.

Actually, the "hail Mary" was coached perfectly ... if you heard what Bo said about. What lacked was execution by the players on both positioning and the tackling.

Who is the one person on the field you're most worried about with a hail mary. Jeffery. You put your tallest player on the field in front of him, and your best tackler behind him if he isn't in the end zone, which he wasn't.

• Fire 1

I guess you could take comfort in knowing that even after the Holiday Bowl debacle last year, Nebraska did NOT lose any commits at which point we had 15 committed, not including David Sutton since he was a Grayshirt candidate at the time. We ended up snagging another 3 commits in the last two weeks of January (Abdullah, Bondi, Carter) and 1 signing day surprise (Peat).

I recall we were 1 for 2 on signing day with the "missed" prospect being LB Keeon Virgile choosing UNC over Nebraska. We were also in Top 2 for ATH Robert Lockhart, but he chose Va. Tech a couple days before signing day.

Virgile had to know what he was walking into at UNC since they were under NCAA scrutiny for numerous violations. At the time he signed, the investigation was still ongoing, so their fate was yet to be determined. We didn't miss out on Lockhart because of poor bowl performance though. Va. Tech was "curb stomped" 40-12 in a BCS bowl by Stanford.

Kent Turene also had us in his final group.

Who is the one person on the field you're most worried about with a hail mary. Jeffery. You put your tallest player on the field in front of him, and your best tackler behind him if he isn't in the end zone, which he wasn't.

That was the problem. Their was nobody behind him. Everybody went up for the ball. Somebody has to know they were supposed behind him. Lack of communication by the player's.

Perhaps you need another look at the play. We had our tallest corner - SJB - in front of Jeffrey; he's the one Jeffrey pushed. We had Dennard - probably our best tackler in the secondary - behind him but he missed.

That was the problem. Their was nobody behind him. Everybody went up for the ball. Somebody has to know they were supposed behind him. Lack of communication by the player's.

Perhaps you need another look at the play. We had our tallest corner - SJB - in front of Jeffrey; he's the one Jeffrey pushed. We had Dennard - probably our best tackler in the secondary - behind him but he missed.

The big SNAFU with that play was the numbers of guys in front of the jump ball vs the guys behind it. I am fine with SJB in front but the rest of the crew should have been between the hoarde and the endzone. That is where the execution of the defense failed badly.

The big SNAFU with that play was the numbers of guys in front of the jump ball vs the guys behind it. I am fine with SJB in front but the rest of the crew should have been between the hoarde and the endzone. That is where the execution of the defense failed badly.

if you knew ahead of time that the ball would be thrown just short of the end zone, i would agree. i think you have to assume though that the quarterback is trying to throw the ball in the endzone and plan accordingly by focusing most of your efforts on deflecting the pass.

if you knew ahead of time that the ball would be thrown just short of the end zone, i would agree. i think you have to assume though that the quarterback is trying to throw the ball in the endzone and plan accordingly by focusing most of your efforts on deflecting the pass.

This.