So after the disasterous Cap One bowl...

What does this bowl game do to recruiting? I'm thinking it'll single-handedly lead to one decommit, and probably one recruit that hasn't committed yet. A loss is one thing, the way you lose is another. Anyone agree? Anyone think that the first quarter enticed any commits? Just curious.

Didn't help..............

TV highlighting Bo being eh............upset...............

Looked like they made a few adjustments at halftime and (if we did).............I didn't see it

Lost focus and get baited by their smack............

Hopefully, the efficient 1st quarter made an impression............

I think we will be just fine. With a few recruits set to announce their commitments tomorrow (not sure who, so don't ask me), I think we get 2 or 3 commits in the next week and finish out strong.

I'm one of the few people on here that thinks that this game was not lost because of coaching. Our players just made big mistakes in key situations. No resiliency. Hopefully that changes next year.

• Fire 2

Nice Shark. I thought other than the hail mary the 1st half was coached really well. The second half looked like the Bad News Bears. Blame who you want on that one.

I was really happy with the first half. Even TMarts interception came with barely any time left on the clock so I didn't think it would hurt us. One hail mary changed everything. In the second half we did not play action pass to make their dbacks stay honest. That was the biggest difference in the second half.....well, that and Yoshi deciding he could not keep still, getting 4 penalties!

I think we will be just fine. With a few recruits set to announce their commitments tomorrow (not sure who, so don't ask me), I think we get 2 or 3 commits in the next week and finish out strong.

Two say this game changes opinions of recruits is funny really. That Marine all star game will be fun two watch twomorrow night.

I guess you could take comfort in knowing that even after the Holiday Bowl debacle last year, Nebraska did NOT lose any commits at which point we had 15 committed, not including David Sutton since he was a Grayshirt candidate at the time. We ended up snagging another 3 commits in the last two weeks of January (Abdullah, Bondi, Carter) and 1 signing day surprise (Peat).

I recall we were 1 for 2 on signing day with the "missed" prospect being LB Keeon Virgile choosing UNC over Nebraska. We were also in Top 2 for ATH Robert Lockhart, but he chose Va. Tech a couple days before signing day.

Virgile had to know what he was walking into at UNC since they were under NCAA scrutiny for numerous violations. At the time he signed, the investigation was still ongoing, so their fate was yet to be determined. We didn't miss out on Lockhart because of poor bowl performance though. Va. Tech was "curb stomped" 40-12 in a BCS bowl by Stanford.

Nice Shark. I thought other than the hail mary the 1st half was coached really well. The second half looked like the Bad News Bears. Blame who you want on that one.

Actually, the "hail Mary" was coached perfectly ... if you heard what Bo said about. What lacked was execution by the players on both positioning and the tackling.

I guess you could take comfort in knowing that even after the Holiday Bowl debacle last year, Nebraska did NOT lose any commits at which point we had 15 committed, not including David Sutton since he was a Grayshirt candidate at the time. We ended up snagging another 3 commits in the last two weeks of January (Abdullah, Bondi, Carter) and 1 signing day surprise (Peat).

I recall we were 1 for 2 on signing day with the "missed" prospect being LB Keeon Virgile choosing UNC over Nebraska. We were also in Top 2 for ATH Robert Lockhart, but he chose Va. Tech a couple days before signing day.

Virgile had to know what he was walking into at UNC since they were under NCAA scrutiny for numerous violations. At the time he signed, the investigation was still ongoing, so their fate was yet to be determined. We didn't miss out on Lockhart because of poor bowl performance though. Va. Tech was "curb stomped" 40-12 in a BCS bowl by Stanford.

Those facts won't help those fans on the ledge. I think we close strong and get some nice players. It's a good recruiting class.

No. I really do no think this will hurt any of the current commits. If anything it will show the coaches weren't lying by saying if you come in and work hard you could play your first year. Besides a handful of players on our team none of them looked like they were locked in in the second half. The schemes were there for the most part but the execution wasn't. As far as the noncommitted well Westercamp could look at it this as man he hit them in the hands and they dropped it not only once but two really bad and two just bad drops. As far as the QB commit/noncommits well I would say it is wide open. Maybe not next year to start the season or even at all next year, but having a capable backup will open up many more opportunities in our game plan. We will be able to take more risks.