Cocky talk

The fact that Nebraska got their butts whooped in the 4th quarter shows very little; Nebraska's offense is not built to be successful in obvious passing situations. You're crazy if you think SoCar outplayed Nebraska in the first half, when both teams were allowed to do what they wanted offensively. The c$%ks were on the lucky side of 10 points which drastically changed the way the game was played. I would consider those 10 points to be outliers

Carolina did win the game, but saying they're a much better team than Nebraska is probably a stretch. The reason Nebraska was playing catch-up in the fourth quarter was primarily due to outlier events, rather than the play of the c$%ks.

Maybe you need to do a little redesign of your Huskers cause they apparently will be playing catch up a lot in the future, especially if they have to play c$%ks again!!!

Congratulations on your first 11 win season.

We have 12 11+ win seasons

Call us when you have 13 (We have 2)

Congrats, the team you pull for has done more than the team I pull for.

Some people get very upset when a team gloats about how their season was better and yada yada yada. Most of the times they end up just as worse as the trolls who post the first remark.

I'm so sick of that video...its like that opera house in Sydney, it's as if a picture of it has to accompany any mention of Australia. Well fine Nebrasaka fans, she may be from SC but you have no excuse for this...

DFNJOMBVXQHGYTX.20090930203245.jpg

And what's your excuse for living on a Husker football website like it was a season of Big Brother and you couldn't leave but had to be seen 24/7?

It's hilarious when you have your best and most historic season ever and you're still only the fifth best team in your conference

allsome

Good lord, could we sound anymore pompous?! Have some humility Husker fans. It's times like these where I'm glad we lost because we can't seem to keep our mouths shut! USC has a much better shot at being on the national stage then NU and it sucks to say that, but it's reality. once again we're looking towards next year and can't just admit we just plain lost. Doesn't matter how or why, there are no explantations needed and no moral victories. Let's deal with it..........

• Fire 1

The fact that Nebraska got their butts whooped in the 4th quarter shows very little; Nebraska's offense is not built to be successful in obvious passing situations. You're crazy if you think SoCar outplayed Nebraska in the first half, when both teams were allowed to do what they wanted offensively. The c$%ks were on the lucky side of 10 points which drastically changed the way the game was played. I would consider those 10 points to be outliers

Carolina did win the game, but saying they're a much better team than Nebraska is probably a stretch. The reason Nebraska was playing catch-up in the fourth quarter was primarily due to outlier events, rather than the play of the c$%ks.

Maybe you need to do a little redesign of your Huskers cause they apparently will be playing catch up a lot in the future, especially if they have to play c$%ks again!!!

Only 2 13 win seasons against perennial inept teams in the Big 8. Things sort of changed when the Big 12 was formed though didn't it. No longer did Nebraska just have to get by Oklahoma and whoever in the bowl game.

• Fire 2

First off I would like to say that I have nothing but respect for the NU program and it's fans.

As for CockyTalk most of the posters there are very respectfull (there are always "those fans" with every team) but all of us were a bit offended by Pellini's comments after the game. I also agree about the phantom pass interfierence call but those things happen to every team and one play does not make a game. Yes, although the score didn't indicate it Nebraska did outplay Carolina in the first half but our defense made the proper adjustments and outplayed Nebraska in the second half. Close games are won and lost in the 4th qtr and that's exactly what happened yesterday.

It was a hard fought game and your pass defense played lights out. Hopefully we will have a rematch next year in the NC game (hey, why not aim high).

Which part of Pelini's comments after the game? The 80% where he was complimentary toward SC, or the 20% where he talked about Nebraska's mistakes, and how we could have/should have played better? If you want to focus on the minority of his comments, that's your prerogative. But he was very complimentary toward the Gamecocks.

It's hilarious when you have your best and most historic season ever and you're still only the fifth best team in your conference

allsome

Fourth best.

And whats even better about this being our best season ever is that we did it while having our heisman candidate running back out for half the season, our senior QB dismissed halfway through, and our all american WR being a non factor for the majority of the season. You combine that with going with our 4th and 5th string backs since the Tennessee game and the fact that vs Georgia AT Georgia we had 3 secondary starters out against their pass happy offense and still came out with the W. Every other year the things I just listed would be excuses for losses but not this year.

Which part of Pelini's comments after the game? The 80% where he was complimentary toward SC, or the 20% where he talked about Nebraska's mistakes, and how we could have/should have played better? If you want to focus on the minority of his comments, that's your prerogative. But he was very complimentary toward the Gamecocks.

I didnt listen to his postgame comments, but Im assuming he meant the comment where he said yall are still the better team. I think 30-13 says otherwise but thats just me.

Guys, on a serious note, I think you might feel better about things if you go over there and read the Cap 1 bowl thread that was going on during the game. At least the first 1/2. I think you guys are caught up on what happened in the 2nd half and forget how well you were playing for 30 mins. There are some positives for you guys, but the sting of the loss hurts too much for you to see them right now.

Then is that why you are so butt hurt? Embarresed? That a team with their first 11 win season flat out made Nebraska look like a D 3 team today?

-15 yards gained. NEGATIVE YARDS GAINED in the 4th quarter.