Attitude Reflects Leadership

I think we are seeing something in this team that needs to be addressed before we can take the next step forward as a program. It has long been said that a team takes on the personality of their coach. I believe we are seeing this with our team.

When Bo only had the defensive side of the ball to worry about, he was one of the top coaches in the country and his teams were a reflection of that. It was ok to see at DC be emotional and intense and maybe get away with losing his cool once in awhile. We see it all the time from defensive coaches at all levels of football. But a Head Coach needs to keep his cool most of the time and pick his battles, thus keeping his team calm, cool, and collected.

T.O. was a prime example of this. No matter what happened during the coarse of a game did T.O. hardly ever lose his cool and I think his teams reflected that. He would even predict how the other team would react in certain situations ala Miami in '94. He told his players to keep their cool and just stick to the game plan.

Bo usually starts off with a good plan, but when a few calls or miscues happen he loses it and so does his team. Bo needs to grow as Head Coach and realize that blowing up and freaking out isn't always ok.

Thoughts?

I've seen a number of people connect Bo's sideline antics to the lack of discipline on the field, especially in regard to penalties.

My question would be, how come it seems like only the offensive line is affected? It's not like we see a rash of offsides penalties or pass interference penalties or facemask penalties or personal fouls when those meltdowns happen. It's always false starts and holding penalties.

• Fire 2

I've seen a number of people connect Bo's sideline antics to the lack of discipline on the field, especially in regard to penalties.

My question would be, how come it seems like only the offensive line is affected? It's not like we see a rash of offsides penalties or pass interference penalties or facemask penalties or personal fouls when those meltdowns happen. It's always false starts and holding penalties.

i wouldn't say that, after his rant for the pass interference call, the DB's had a blown coverage and that made for a lob throw for a SC touchdown...no one within 10 yards of their receiver.

• Fire 1

i wouldn't say that, after his rant for the pass interference call, the DB's had a blown coverage and that made for a lob throw for a SC touchdown...no one within 10 yards of their receiver.

More of a mismatch. They lined up three on that side. There was a double team and LD took the TE. That left the RB wide open.

I think people just like to try and kick a dog while he's down. God forbid every statement they make is under a microscope or every detail of their job or personal life it considered public information. I will bet my next two weeks pay the majority of people on this board couldn't perform their jobs as well as Bo does at the level that he does and under the pressure that he faces.

• Fire 2

Im not trying to take a jab at Pelini with my original post. Im just stating that his actions could be part of the problem with this team losing its edge when it's crunch time. I have no doubt that Bo is the right man for the job, but there is a difference between being a great DC and a great HC.

Sorry I misspoke. We were in double coverage on the WR and LD took the TE. That left the RB all alone.

if the RB was not accounted for, it was a blown coverage.

Yeah that was my point. They didn't account for the RB. David reacted to the TE releasing inside. Nobody picked up the RB in the flat. The double on the WR hurt us.

Im not trying to take a jab at Pelini with my original post. Im just stating something that his actions could be part of the problem with this team losing its edge when it's crunch time. I have no doubt that Bo is the right man for the job, but there is a difference between being a great DC and a great HC.

agreed, let's hope he is learning.

Sorry I misspoke. We were in double coverage on the WR and LD took the TE. That left the RB all alone.

if the RB was not accounted for, it was a blown coverage.

Yeah that was my point. They didn't account for the RB. David reacted to the TE releasing inside. Nobody picked up the RB in the flat. The double on the WR hurt us.

you are correct, they didn't account for the sleeper out of the back field moving into open space...sucks.

I think people just like to try and kick a dog while he's down. God forbid every statement they make is under a microscope or every detail of their job or personal life it considered public information. I will bet my next two weeks pay the majority of people on this board couldn't perform their jobs as well as Bo does at the level that he does and under the pressure that he faces.

See: My sig

I agree with this, but to a degree I agree with the OP also.