First Post

I sorta remember my 1st post was complaining about a thread being moved and BRI (back before he was a Mod, and before he had his first 10,000 posts) telling me I should leave if I didn't like it.

But I'm still having trouble remembering the last time we didn't have to make excuses for our QB's throwing ability..Vince Ferrigamo? Dave Humm? Nobody counts Sam Kellor anymore, but he could spiral an empty drink cup like you wouldn't believe..

TM seemed to be more comfortable with the offense this season..It still hurts to watch him throw, but they seem to be getting closer to the right guy..And They're still dropping them on que..

I really miss the super quick burst of speed from the previous season..That may be to help protect him, or it might be still lingering injury that may never heal quite right..but I still miss it

in no way has he displayed any burst this year, like he did in the past.......it seems like as soon as he started sliding, he lost his edge.

Thank you all for the welcome, with the much discussion to my first post. I do hope that the reason I didn't see much improvement in Martinez is because of the schedule and the offensive line. He was probably playing tougher defenses as well that attributed to it. I guess I just see too many misreads while running the ball. He also does not run the ball with authority. I don't expect him to run people over but he does not take a hit well. A QB for a running football team, should know how to take a hit or he will end up hurt. He was a sophmore, so lack of experience in the coming year can no longer be an excuse. Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong, as I originally believed in him as much as anyone.

The point that the team has a mental problem or block is very interesting to me. It does seem that at times in games it just completely falls apart. This can happen to any team, but it does seem to happen more to this team.

ALL OF YOU SAID HE WAS LEAVING...Time to eat crow... chuckleshuffle

I think the more important thing now that he's returning is figuring out who will receive more Heisman votes. Rex vs. Ball 2012

---

Great teams (like Wisconsin this year) are almost always a result of several important moons aligning at just the right time for a solid run. (few teams have the luxury to simply re-load)

This years Nebraska team was all about moons being thrown out of orbit. (Dennard Injury, Crick Injury, New conference, New OC and offense, and Justin Bieber failing to release an album in 2011)

Next year, JB will release a new hit album and T-Mart and gang will thump on Wisconsin and the other B1G ilk.

This is my 3,231st post, and I think Taylor is the guy for the job.

I just wish we could find someone who could consistently catch the damned ball. Dropped passes have cost NU a number of important games. Catching the ball and holding on to it should be a relatively simple task, especially if it hits you in the hands or on the numbers.

• Fire 1