I wish Callahan was still our HC

This thread makes my head hurt..................I really can't believe someone would want Callahan back after what he did to our program. Take what he did on the field away, wipe it completely away from the discussion. What he did to our program is ridiculous by not allowing former players to stay connected with the program and completely erasing the past from our stadium. He further alienated the fanbase from the program. f#*k Bill Callahan................

This thread makes my head hurt..................I really can't believe someone would want Callahan back after what he did to our program. Take what he did on the field away, wipe it completely away from the discussion. What he did to our program is ridiculous by not allowing former players to stay connected with the program and completely erasing the past from our stadium. He further alienated the fanbase from the program. f#*k Bill Callahan................

Look anyone with the name "cactusboy" is obviously confused about his manhood and a prick looking to f around with the folks-...OTHO........I'm here for the schwimmin

HOW is there still discussion going on? Seriously.

When HP got shut down I remember saying, I sure hope Cactus doesn't come over here. He does, then he starts this thread, and you reward him with 190 posts of discussion on this idiotic topic? Screw all of you.

Right back at ya!

T_O_B

G>B>R

Cactusboy changes his avatar pic for no better reason than it makes me want to vomit. If that's really you, I'm sorry (not sorry I said it but rather sorry that is the case).

Explains a lot...and gives perspective. It'll be much easier to just dismiss your nonsense now. :)

Talk about ramblings and rantings that idiot Clownahan is off screwing up the jets offensive line now. If we are lucky he won't ever fly over the state of Nebraska.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Really..he's doing a bad job w/ the Jets OL? What do you base this on? Their success or lack of in the running game? The number of Pro Bowlers on their OL since he arrived? Your gut?

• Fire 1

For this topic to even come up just completely blows my mind. It never mattered if BC could recruit because he could never develop the talent he had into good players. But lets set that aside, how about how he turned his back on everything the University and the Fans stood for with history and culture around the university. But lets put that aside, how about the fact that with the talent he did have he could barely muster up a winning season. I think your just trying to stir the pot which you clearly have. There is nothing, no way, not ever can anything be good about hiring.

ing BC.

All that was covered/debunked in the thread.

Guys...y'all really need to keep this on topic. The topic starting post is a valid opinion to hold, and strong disagreements with it are equally valid. But if all you are going to do is post 'trollololol1!' or worse, personal attacks...just step away. ;) Not directed at anybody in particular.

Callahan is doing very well in his current gig with the Jets. He is probably a better line coach than anything, could be a good OC too, probably. He had a mean screen game (something I know a lot of us are missing). That's not reason enough for me to wish him back, but he did have his strong points. Got after it in recruiting, ran a clean program, an offense with potential if not all the pieces. Losing the team in '07 and not stepping up to surround himself with the right assistants is something you can't come back from though, IMO.

Cactus, I don't think this got answered when I asked it earlier, but when did this purported 'wanted to fire Coz, but wasn't allowed to' take place? I am really skeptical of this, although it makes sense if it occurred as the 2007 season was unfolding, which would have been late.

Talk about ramblings and rantings that idiot Clownahan is off screwing up the jets offensive line now. If we are lucky he won't ever fly over the state of Nebraska.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Really..he's doing a bad job w/ the Jets OL? What do you base this on? Their success or lack of in the running game? The number of Pro Bowlers on their OL since he arrived? Your gut?

Oh that's right they made the playoffs and Sanchez has a great QB rating because they protect him so well and LT will play a couple more years because they open up such great holes for him to nrun thru... Oh wait all that is a wet dream you are having. Tell us really, have you ever watched a Husker game or are you just a schill for Clownahan?

T_O_B

G>B>R

What do you think about former players wanting NU to lose games when BC was HC? I think it's safe to say most NU fans wouldn't like it. If you were the HC would you let these type of former players around the program?

He never had a starting QB going into a season that had more than 1 year in his program.

He wanted to fire Coz and bring in a much better DC bout wasn't allowed because we wouldn't spend the money.

2 relevant facts that never get mentioned, but should.

Oh...Pete Carrol was fired as HC of the Patriots. ;)

This is an obvious lie.

If this was really true at Peddy firing + 1 second he would have been gone. Or at least an announcement of his "resignation" at the end of the season. Coz was joined at the hip (or another anatomically close body part) to Billy just as Billy was joined to Peddy

It must not be possible to pay more for a DC at NU. You think TO would let him pay big bucks for a DC?? What make you think that? Take a look at who we have had since BC was fired. What's obvious is that we do our coaching hires on the cheap no matter who is the AD.

So the President of the United States is the highest paid executive, right?

What do you think about former players wanting NU to lose games when BC was HC? I think it's safe to say most NU fans wouldn't like it. If you were the HC would you let these type of former players around the program?

If I was the AD, I would not want that type of coach around the program!

Edited by huKSer

It's amazing how so many get so emotional in a thread like this. It's as if some think ridicule and ranting strengthens one's argument/points. You guys discuss/debate like radical political or religious nuts. It's all black and white...I'm 100% right, you're 100% wrong...win/lose...kick'm in the nuts and never admit you could be wrong or the other "side" makes a good point or you learned something new. :thumbs

Guys...y'all really need to keep this on topic. The topic starting post is a valid opinion to hold, and strong disagreements with it are equally valid. But if all you are going to do is post 'trollololol1!' or worse, personal attacks...just step away. ;) Not directed at anybody in particular.

Callahan is doing very well in his current gig with the Jets. He is probably a better line coach than anything, could be a good OC too, probably. He had a mean screen game (something I know a lot of us are missing). That's not reason enough for me to wish him back, but he did have his strong points. Got after it in recruiting, ran a clean program, an offense with potential if not all the pieces. Losing the team in '07 and not stepping up to surround himself with the right assistants is something you can't come back from though, IMO.

Cactus, I don't think this got answered when I asked it earlier, but when did this purported 'wanted to fire Coz, but wasn't allowed to' take place? I am really skeptical of this, although it makes sense if it occurred as the 2007 season was unfolding, which would have been late.

Carefull...no gray areas allowed in this thread. ;)

I'm not sure when exactly it was to have taken place. I'm assuming before or during the 07 season. I'm 100% confident that the person wasn't making story up. Just the manner in which it was written points to that...and the guy was no flamer...or apologist...and was still w/ the program after BC was fired. He kept that he was w/ the program secret. I happened to find out about it from someone else. I haven't been around here long enough for most to know my level of credibility/integrity, but I'm positive w/ time you'll see it's high. I may not always be right, but I take great pride in my integrity/cred.