Updated Recruiting Board

with less than 2 weeks until signing day I do think we still have a good chance at getting 9-10 more commits. Here's where I think we stand:

TE - Nate Iese is the top guy left on our board right now, however, he is heavily leaning towards UCLA, so the staff rebuilt the bridge with Bush-Loo in Hawaii as a back up plan if Iese goes UCLA instead of us. If we end up having to go to Bush-Loo we will still get a really good player and he will jump on us right away.

WR - We don't have any true receivers on the board but we have told Alonzo Moore he could play several different positions including WR, and we have told LeRoy Alexander that if he got an offer it would be as a WR/Athlete. Devin Fuller would also be a possible WR candidate... he would start at QB but WR would be the backup plan if he didn't succeed at QB.

OL - Todd Peat is believed to have it down to Stanford and Nebraska with Nebraska as the slight leader but Stanford right on our tail. Evan Goodman is a soft verbal to ASU but said that he will ultimately decide on signing day and says Arkansas is in the lead followed by ASU and NU. Corey Whitaker is a backup plan and doesn't have an offer yet. He is also a back up plan for Oregon and will visit them as well.

RB - Imani Cross has us high on his list but it's hard to tell where he is going at this point.

QB - Devin Fuller is first on our board but it is hard to tell what he will do at this point. Alonzo Moore would be given a shot at the position if Devin didn't come here.

DT - VV says we are the slight leader right now. Curry comes for his visit this weekend and then will choose his school.

DB - It is believed that Raymond Ford is a silent commit. Especially since the staff seem to be targeting one more big time target and originally wanted two. Brandon Beaver is said to be a silent commit to Washington and will take an OV to Oklahoma this weekend... he is pretty much out of it for us. Devian Shelton is taking an OV to Tennessee this weekend and will decide next week. He loved his visit to NU and almost committed on the spot... almost didn't even go to visit Tennessee. Charles Jackson most likely will not qualify and will go JUCO. Anthony Standifer is a back up plan if all of the guys above fall through and we need 1 more CB. As far as Safety prospects... we want to take 1. Corey Thompson is our #1 prospect right now but has a few more visits left to take before he decides. He loved his visit to NU but still says he is solid to A&M... will make his final announcement on signing day. Sebastian Smith does not have an offer yet but is probably the next option behind Thompson. He does have some academic concerns though and is said to be a great player that most have overlooked because of grades. The staff also recently talked to Toledo commit Mark Meyers about coming in if all other options fail. (Wouldn't you love to be that guy haha!).

SO I do think we have a good shot at landing 9-10 guys before signing day. I also think that the coaches probably already have non-verbal public commits from 2-3 guys right now we just don't know about it. Positions that I would say our staff is a little nervous about would be the ones where they have recently gone out to look at another guy as a backup plan. (i.e. OL, DB, TE) I would say Iese, Peat, Shelton/Beaver... the staff doesn't feel super 100% confident about these guys coming to NU. If the staff already knew Peat was coming then they wouldn't have gone after Corey this past week and told him he is a backup plan in case someone falls through. We already knew Goodman was most likely going elsewhere and Peat was the only guy on our board.

• Fire 1

with less than 2 weeks until signing day I do think we still have a good chance at getting 9-10 more commits. Here's where I think we stand:

TE - Nate Iese is the top guy left on our board right now, however, he is heavily leaning towards UCLA, so the staff rebuilt the bridge with Bush-Loo in Hawaii as a back up plan if Iese goes UCLA instead of us. If we end up having to go to Bush-Loo we will still get a really good player and he will jump on us right away.

WR - We don't have any true receivers on the board but we have told Alonzo Moore he could play several different positions including WR, and we have told LeRoy Alexander that if he got an offer it would be as a WR/Athlete. Devin Fuller would also be a possible WR candidate... he would start at QB but WR would be the backup plan if he didn't succeed at QB.

OL - Todd Peat is believed to have it down to Stanford and Nebraska with Nebraska as the slight leader but Stanford right on our tail. Evan Goodman is a soft verbal to ASU but said that he will ultimately decide on signing day and says Arkansas is in the lead followed by ASU and NU. Corey Whitaker is a backup plan and doesn't have an offer yet. He is also a back up plan for Oregon and will visit them as well.

RB - Imani Cross has us high on his list but it's hard to tell where he is going at this point.

QB - Devin Fuller is first on our board but it is hard to tell what he will do at this point. Alonzo Moore would be given a shot at the position if Devin didn't come here.

DT - VV says we are the slight leader right now. Curry comes for his visit this weekend and then will choose his school.

DB - It is believed that Raymond Ford is a silent commit. Especially since the staff seem to be targeting one more big time target and originally wanted two. Brandon Beaver is said to be a silent commit to Washington and will take an OV to Oklahoma this weekend... he is pretty much out of it for us. Devian Shelton is taking an OV to Tennessee this weekend and will decide next week. He loved his visit to NU and almost committed on the spot... almost didn't even go to visit Tennessee. Charles Jackson most likely will not qualify and will go JUCO. Anthony Standifer is a back up plan if all of the guys above fall through and we need 1 more CB. As far as Safety prospects... we want to take 1. Corey Thompson is our #1 prospect right now but has a few more visits left to take before he decides. He loved his visit to NU but still says he is solid to A&M... will make his final announcement on signing day. Sebastian Smith does not have an offer yet but is probably the next option behind Thompson. He does have some academic concerns though and is said to be a great player that most have overlooked because of grades. The staff also recently talked to Toledo commit Mark Meyers about coming in if all other options fail. (Wouldn't you love to be that guy haha!).

SO I do think we have a good shot at landing 9-10 guys before signing day. I also think that the coaches probably already have non-verbal public commits from 2-3 guys right now we just don't know about it. Positions that I would say our staff is a little nervous about would be the ones where they have recently gone out to look at another guy as a backup plan. (i.e. OL, DB, TE) I would say Iese, Peat, Shelton/Beaver... the staff doesn't feel super 100% confident about these guys coming to NU. If the staff already knew Peat was coming then they wouldn't have gone after Corey this past week and told him he is a backup plan in case someone falls through. We already knew Goodman was most likely going elsewhere and Peat was the only guy on our board.

+1

Thanks.

Sounds like we will be as low as 16 or as high as 19. We have a couple JC guys that will probably graduate in December that the coaches like if we end up at 16 they'll be welcome additions to the class.

Shelton isn't visiting Tenneessee he is going to Washington. And that visit is a heck of a lot scarier than him going to Knoxville IMO.

Little early to throw the CJack to the JUCO route.

Thompson will stay an Aggie.

Smith is not a huge academic risk. Should be able to get into college.

Shelton isn't visiting Tenneessee he is going to Washington. And that visit is a heck of a lot scarier than him going to Knoxville IMO.

ouch...

Shelton was going to Tennessee... then decided that he'd check out Washington because the oregon state coach who was recruiting him left for there. As of last night he was still trying to decide between Washington and Tennessee for his visit. My sources said he chose Tennessee but they might have been wrong.

Thompson will MOST LIKELY stay an aggie... doesn't mean he 100% will.

Smith was going to be a 4* but the reason they didn't give him a star rating and the reason he doesn't have more offers is because people were scared off cause of his grades. They were low enough to scare most major programs away... he just recently got some grades/tests back that showed he may not be as big of an academic risk as originally thought.

If we did land Moore, Fuller and Peat. This class would jump from a B to B+ easily for me. We missed out on some top level secondary kids but I still like our close in that area. If we can hold onto VV we would salvage a C+ to B- on the DL spot. Could have done better at LB with Debo but I like who we got and I love next years LB prospects. The only other spot that keeps busting for us is TE. I like Cotton their more then the board seems to but I'd still like a bigger threat there if we could only land the recruit. If things go our way in the next few weeks I think it's a good class and almost to an A-.

If we did land Moore, Fuller and Peat. This class would jump from a B to B+ easily for me. We missed out on some top level secondary kids but I still like our close in that area. If we can hold onto VV we would salvage a C+ to B- on the DL spot. Could have done better at LB with Debo but I like who we got and I love next years LB prospects. The only other spot that keeps busting for us is TE. I like Cotton their more then the board seems to but I'd still like a bigger threat there if we could only land the recruit. If things go our way in the next few weeks I think it's a good class and almost to an A-.

Only a B+?? That's a mighty harsh grading curve bro. Getting those three would be like hitting three HRs in the bottom of the 9th.

Ya, but I did say easily a B+ I believe. To me, if we were an A-, that would be around a top 10 class. If we land all that my guess would be a 15-20th ranked recruiting class. We would have missed on some nice CB's but would have certainly set ourselves up at QB and WR for the next 3-4 years. Believe me, and I think you know me well enough from my posts, I'll be happy if we can just salvage Peat and VV ... and be pleased with this class. I think our staff learned some lessons on this recruiting cycle regardless.

-Nate Iese just committed to UCLA so he is crossed off.

-Imani Cross is a longshot now.

-Alonzo Morre has already mad a decision, and so has Raymond Ford.

-Shelton has gone and passed, he will be a husky.

-Standifer has elimnated us, and is visiting Notre Dame this weekend.