Updated Recruiting Board

I've been very optimistic throughout this entire process, but the last few weeks getting zero commitments when I expected at least 2 or 3 has put a little doubt in my mind. I really hope that we can land 6 to 8 more recruits in the next week and a half, but I'm not sure if it will happen. I realize that even if nobody else were to commit, this would still be a quality class that shows a lot of promise, but the fact that we haven't picked up a high school CB or S yet concerns me.

The optimistic side of me sees us getting Peat, Fuller, Ford, Shelton, Bush-Loo, Smith, Valentine, Curry, Moore, and Cross. However, I could see Cross, Fuller, either Curry or Valentine, Moore, Shelton, and possibly Peat going elsewhere. Maybe Bo is telling these guys to hold off until national signing day because he wants to create a national buzz around our program.

Westerkamp is not going to be switching...period.

Yeah... that's what LSU fans said about Gunner Kiel.

Not happening. Westerkamp has shown absolutely zero indication that he is reconsidering to open up his recruiting process.

By the way, you may want re-examine yourself if you define yourself as a "realist" on this issue. Seems to me that most pessimists defend themselves by declaring themselves as realists.

See funny chart below...

100126-the-glass.jpg

• Fire 1

Ya, but I did say easily a B+ I believe. To me, if we were an A-, that would be around a top 10 class. If we land all that my guess would be a 15-20th ranked recruiting class. We would have missed on some nice CB's but would have certainly set ourselves up at QB and WR for the next 3-4 years. Believe me, and I think you know me well enough from my posts, I'll be happy if we can just salvage Peat and VV ... and be pleased with this class. I think our staff learned some lessons on this recruiting cycle regardless.

a top 10 class would get an A-? ha! you do know we're not texas, right?

I've been very optimistic throughout this entire process, but the last few weeks getting zero commitments when I expected at least 2 or 3 has put a little doubt in my mind. I really hope that we can land 6 to 8 more recruits in the next week and a half, but I'm not sure if it will happen. I realize that even if nobody else were to commit, this would still be a quality class that shows a lot of promise, but the fact that we haven't picked up a high school CB or S yet concerns me.

Not sure what your definition of a "few weeks" is but we did get Afalava and Moss just over two weeks ago. Those are the only two in the last month, however.

Edit: Only two commits of the non-silent variety.

Edited by Mavric

I think regardless of school, that sounds reasonably fair. A top 3 class would be an A+. Maybe top 5. Once you hit 10 and beyond, you are in A- territory. From maybe 15-20, you're at a B+, and beyond 20 is just a B.

Have to weigh it against how well you filled needs and the class size you were able to afford, of course. And then it may end up better or worse depending on how the players pan out.

I think regardless of school, that sounds reasonably fair. A top 3 class would be an A+. Maybe top 5. Once you hit 10 and beyond, you are in A- territory. From maybe 15-20, you're at a B+, and beyond 20 is just a B.

Have to weigh it against how well you filled needs and the class size you were able to afford, of course. And then it may end up better or worse depending on how the players pan out.

Tis a fair assessment zoogs. However, I feel you have to grade on a scale when talking about DONU. We all know this state is crapping out big time talent left and right. Those that are usually in the Top 5 are in states where that is the case. So I think the grade gets a bump up because of that.

Tis a fair assessment zoogs. However, I feel you have to grade on a scale when talking about DONU. We all know this state is crapping out big time talent left and right. Those that are usually in the Top 5 are in states where that is the case. So I think the grade gets a bump up because of that.

i agree. depending on how needs are met, a top 10 class should be an A+ for NU.

i understand the other pont of view though that from a national standpoint, only the top 3-5 are A+, it's just that NU is very rarely going to reach that level based on location (and for lack of $ec style recruiting tactics).