Updated Recruiting Board

i don,t think nu will have the best class in the big 10,,,looks like ohio state and michigan has gained that crown..but nu can distance it self from wisconsin if they get some of the guys they want...nu is a tad better class at the moment than wisc...if you go by the star system....the star system does not make any difference at kansas state, they are able to bring in great 3 star players that probably should have been 4..

Being a realist is not fun sometimes. Just hope you all don't expect great things out of our usual recruiting class. Looking for a diamond in the ruff to justify poor recruiting? I sure hope we get the studs we need to keep up this 9 wins a season thing we got going. But other than getting 6 or more 5 star recruits this week....... I just don't see anything more than status quo. I know. It's spelled rough......But I also know nothing special cumulative in this group.

I'm a realist ... but it's the applications you make as a realist that I disagree with. Can you explain your expertise that backs the claim that their is "nothing special cumulative" in this group? What's your experience that trumps as a realist and says this current class is "status quo" when none have played a down of college ball? So, being a realist means we win 9 games regardless of this class never seeing the field?

Not a debate here, just wondered what the logic was. Appreciate your input into your thinking.

Seems to me T O, in 92 apologized for the low recruiting score Neb received that year. Worked out pretty good, over the next few years. This does not seem like a strong class coming in, but a decent one none the less. If we pick up a few of the linemen we are after, should pay off down the line, soon. Forget Fuller, just can't see him playing here, can tell he is not going to sit on the bench or red shirt. Seems to want to call his own shots, won't work with Bo. imo

GBR!!!

huskered17, I hope that you are wrong about Fuller. I also did not know that TO apologized in 92 for the recruiting class, so +1 to you.

From the sounds of things in the prospect forum, it looks like we are going to finish extremely strong. We should get some talk on ESPN and jump into the top 25 recruiting classes if we finish the way I think we will. I'm excited for 1 week from now to say the least.

Well, living in Baton Rouge I see on a daily basis how LSU operates. They focus on certain targets, and if they don't get those targets, they don't settle for a lesser-quality recruit just to add a number. If they can get another recruit who's equally as good, then they'll go after him, otherwise, they'll live with the smaller number of recruits. QB Gunner Kiel was a prime example. He decided to switch to ND after committing to LSU... yet LSU isn't scrambling to find another QB who they weren't previously looking at, just to add a number to their class. They refuse to sacrifice quality for quantity, and that's why they've been so successful.

And don't forget that by the way they pull scholarships and various other tricks including oversigning that essentially every 4-5 years they add in an additional recruiting class ... that doesn't help them at all. Or, a school like Bama that brings in a stud RB as their 7th offer, he accepts and later after the class is filled with a star studed field they tell him if he wants a scholarship he has to wait till next year. To me, there are lots of factors, both good and BAD that lead to what you some, obviously you included, would say is successful.

Nebraska has a higher standard and our own issues that are our problems.

Alonzo Moore taking another visit at the last minute... not a good sign. I know it's Louisiana Tech, but still -- it is a lot closer to home than NU...

Try posting the other positive info that you have come across and see how that feels for once. I call you negative because of numerous posts like this, find the most negative thing you can for the day and post it. Even thou we have heard positive signs on numerous other recruits. We are already over you prediction of 12 recruits with a host of others deciding on signing day. Things will be ok.

Drink some kool aid, watch a sunset....life is good. Maybe the coaches found out we are getting Fuller, and told Moore so he has a chance to decide. I really think thats why he has been holding out for so long. If fuller commits we have 2 QBs, maybe he wants a shot a QB too. Im sure he doesnt want to be the 3rd QB in this class. Maybe its a positive sign that we are getting Fuller...who knows?

Feels better then were not getting Fuller, VV is going to Illinois, Westerkamp is going to ND, the sky is falling, Bo cant recruit blahblahblah.

:koolaid2:

This could ba an amazing finish... Or this could suck. It's all comes down to what percentage of the top guys we convert

It all starts Thursday...

Thursday - do we get Curry?

This week - do we get Cross?

Sunday - do we get Fuller?

Signing day - do we get Valentine, Peat, Shelton, Moore, Raymond, Thompson, or Bourque?

The staff have to know we are missing out on some of these guys because we can't take all 9-10. We have 13 now... So we take a max of 8 more. I foresee us taking closer to 6-7 though. If we only get 7, what 7 do we get?

I think if we can convert 70-80% of our targets that would be an amazing finish. 60% would be a good finish and anything less would be disappointing.

life is good

Last time I checked, we haven't won a national title since 1997. I have reason to be pessimistic when I see the same thing year-in, year-out. Living in Baton Rouge around a perrenial Top-5 team doesn't help matters any, either. I guess Signing Day will be the tell-all.

life is good

Last time I checked, we haven't won a national title since 1997. I have reason to be pessimistic when I see the same thing year-in, year-out. Living in Baton Rouge around a perrenial Top-5 team doesn't help matters any, either. I guess Signing Day will be the tell-all.

I think he meant life is good as in, your still alive and the sun came up.

• Fire 1

life is good

but it obviously hasn't, at least not on the board :ahhhhhhhh

life is good

It's hard for the sun to come up when there is no sky because it fell.