Final AP Poll out

knapplc

Congrats to Bill Snyder and KSU. He's proven to me that he is still one damn fine football coach with what he's done TWICE at that school. I felt that they finished a little low, considering the team that beat them in the bowl ended up at #5. If TO keeps watching Bill have all that fun, he might start thinking about getting the band back together! LOL

9 win seasons shouldn't be the benchmark anymore if they barely land you top 25. Realistically we shouldn't be rated.

:facepalm: I would rather have a 9 win season and be ranked in the top 25 than have a 7-7 season or a 5-7 season like 2007. Granted, we were not a top 15 team this year, but when 3 of our losses came to teams with 11 wins, I would say a 9-4 season in our first year in the Big Ten isn't too shabby.

I can't speak for everyone, but this Husker fan will continue to keep 9 win seasons as the benchmark. If we go above and beyond 9 wins in a given year...fantastic, and if we don't... then that's when you know something is truly wrong with your team. That's when you know your team is slipping in some area (ex. coaching, talent, recruiting, scheme, or whatever).

Yeah I'm sitting here hoping to go .500 :facepalm: . You can have your face palm back. I'm merely stating that our benchmark needs to be moved to that 10 or 11 wins. 9 wins is great. 4 losses is not great. Show me 10-3 or 11-2 consistently than we have a benchmark. I think a team with 4 losses like Nebraska had should be on the outside looking in.

Ain't this a kick in the head. We're ranked. :dunno

AP = 24

BCS = 20

Coaches = 24

Gotta say I'm shocked. I figured for sure that we would be unranked.

Sagarin had us at #25, with the 26th-ranked SOS, our most difficult schedule since 2007.

Well, I am surprised that we are ranked, also. However, there was only one game that we should have lost and that was Wisconsin. All the rest we simply peed down our leg. We could have beaten any of the other three teams, especially Northwestern and the bowl game. 12 and (1 actually 13-1 if we would have played in the Big 10 Championship game and won) would have had us in the top 10 and most likely in the top 5. Oh, well!

USA today has an interactive poll where you can see how certain coaches voted. It's interesting.

http://www.usatoday....lots/51647436/1

The Huskers ranged from 16-22.

Thanks for that, it really is interesting to look at. Spurrier voted us 15th and Saban and Bo himself voted us 16th along with Marshall's, Bowling Green's, and Syracuse's coaches. And we didn't get any love from Baylor, Boise State, La Tech, Virginia, or Iowa State (go figure) all 20th.

*Edit*

actually that's the old poll used in the final BCS calculations (as evidenced by LSU being a unanimous #1), I don't think they've released the new interactive poll from the final ballot yet...

Oops, either way it's still interesting to see that.

yeah, it's still really interesting and I'll definitely check out the final poll, it was pretty weird that Rocky Long, Hoke's DC last year at SD St., and supposedly good friend, voted Michigan the lowest of any other coach except for one other coach that also had us 18th, pretty disappointing vote imo, we were anywhere from 8th to 18th in that poll IIRC...

USA today has an interactive poll where you can see how certain coaches voted. It's interesting.

http://www.usatoday....lots/51647436/1

The Huskers ranged from 16-22.

Thanks for that, it really is interesting to look at. Spurrier voted us 15th and Saban and Bo himself voted us 16th along with Marshall's, Bowling Green's, and Syracuse's coaches. And we didn't get any love from Baylor, Boise State, La Tech, Virginia, or Iowa State (go figure) all 20th.

*Edit*

actually that's the old poll used in the final BCS calculations (as evidenced by LSU being a unanimous #1), I don't think they've released the new interactive poll from the final ballot yet...

Oops, either way it's still interesting to see that.

yeah, it's still really interesting and I'll definitely check out the final poll, it was pretty weird that Rocky Long, Hoke's DC last year at SD St., and supposedly good friend, voted Michigan the lowest of any other coach except for one other coach that also had us 18th, pretty disappointing vote imo, we were anywhere from 8th to 18th in that poll IIRC...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Our own OWH sportswriter Sam McKeon voted NU lower than any other sportswriter in the nation at one point this season. Go figure.

Nebraska is one of only eight teams in the country to have been ranked in the final AP poll each of the last three seasons. The list:

Alabama

LSU

Oregon

Boise State

Wisconsin

TCU

Virginia Tech

Nebraska

Everything may not be going right here in Lincoln. But not everything is going wrong.

Pretty good company! GBR!

Nebraska is one of only eight teams in the country to have been ranked in the final AP poll each of the last three seasons. The list:

Alabama

LSU

Oregon

Boise State

Wisconsin

TCU

Virginia Tech

Nebraska

Everything may not be going right here in Lincoln. But not everything is going wrong.

Back it up five years and you're down to Wisconsin, Boise, LSU and VT.

Alabama

LSU

Oregon

Boise State

Wisconsin

TCU

Virginia Tech

Nebraska

Back it up five years and you're down to Wisconsin, Boise, LSU and VT.

Why would we want to do that on a Nebraska Cornhusker Message Board? :)