Osborne likes traditional uniforms

Big time programs dont need to rely on gimmicks such as uniform trends to assist them in putting a good product on the field. The Nebraska's, Bama's, LSU's and so on, tho some do it once in a blue moone whether it be throw back or combat, probably dont want the added distraction of a flashy new uniform. However, it's a gimmick that does work for a program like oregon. They have no history or tradition to fall back on and they have invented a national identity that is very popular especially with the younger generation that college teams are currently drawing their talent from.

I got you and I agree. Oregon's uniform changing is a joke but I don't see any harm in NU donning black for a single game...I think it'd be pretty cool. I wouldn't just cast off the idea as a poor man's gimmick.

The only schools that are changing their uniforms are those that have never won anything and are trying to attract attention to the school. The schools with tradition, LSU, Bama, MU, USC, OU, NU, etc.) aren't selling themselves out for a few extra bucks in the athletic coffers.

Nope. OU, MU, Bama, LSU, ND, TX -- all have sold out in some way.

Heck, NU wore throwbacks.

Is it possible USC hasn't? I can't picture their alternate uni. But I bet they have (EDIT, evidently they haven't, but are pondering it for next season (http://www.dailynews...rts/ci_19396436)

I agree, but even though Bama hasn't really changed too much. They just make suttle changes here and there, but basically have stayed pretty true to there past.

I just wish Nebraska would do some suttle things. One thing I think would be cool is to have one game to really honor the military and come out with our basic color scheme but have camo patterns in them.

About 20 years ago, I actually asked T.O. if he would ever consider put a script " Huskers " on the helmet.............

You'd of thought I insulted his wife..............and though his tone was cool...........he made it clear that line of questioning was OVER..............

The only schools that are changing their uniforms are those that have never won anything and are trying to attract attention to the school.

uhhhhhh no

/snip/

Iowa State

iowa-state-new-uniforms.jpg

lol at Badger trying to sneak the Cyclowns in at the end of that list of non-losers. :lol:

Times are a-changin folks.

Bring on some alternate unis.

For goodness sake, NU's field is striped. They have a ginormous TV (plus 4 other ones and two "ribbons").

I'm pretty sure we used to have a striped field back in the 60's or 70's, so that's actually something that has been around before. Can someone help me on this? I'm pretty sure I've heard that before.

I thought they tried to sell it that it was supposed to "look" like a grass field mowed in opposing directions or something, but perhaps the old astroturf was striped.

My point is that the stripes are very noticable, not many schools do that, and it isn't traditional.

Of course neither was weight training, huskervision, the forward pass, the option, the fumblerooski, and a litany of other accepted traditions and tactics.

It is very traditional. Before atro turf it was a common site at fields around the nation. Was to show the different ten yard diffences. You see it in baseball with small diamonds mowed in to the grass.

Been around since I started watching football, and that has been a long long time.

Why you guys all nitting on NU fan in Denver? He has a valid point, the major traditional powers are not changing their regular jerseys. There is a big difference between what Oregon and Okie Lite are doing, and tOSU and Florida wearing Pro Combat once per year. Don't make a mountain out of a god damn molehill

I think it would be fair to say that Oregon has capitalized on its relationship with Nike and the alternate uniforms to grow into a football power. Anyone can see that high school kids are just as impressed with the flashy uniforms and Nike handouts as they would be with dusty championship trophies that they had nothing to do with. I think it is time Nebraska embraces the alternate uniforms as an added incentive in the recruiting game.

• Fire 1