The "Motivate NebraskaDrumline for boot camp" thread

It's like any standardized test. Don't fall to the back half of the pack and your ass will be fine.

The motovation I'll give you is actually this. Don't come back a completely brainwashed moron jarhead/grunt depending on service, compartmentalize that crap. Your friends want to see you when you come back, not whatever idiot that usually comes back and will explain a sir sandwitch and why not to do it everytime they shoot you crap, once at most is good.

Good luck and don't ever let any recruit, drill sargent or being away from home get you down. It only makes your time there a lot tougher.

I can only speak of the army but i'm sure all parts of the military are the same. Everything the military does is for a specific reason, remember that when your being yelled at. As my drill sargents told us on graduation it was nothing personal. They just want to weed out the physically and mentally weak and only keep the strong. So if your joining because you want to be a soldier and protect our country. Then your already ahead of about half of your group that you'll be doing basic with.

What branch of service did you choose and what will be your mos?

Good luck and don't ever let any recruit, drill sargent or being away from home get you down. It only makes your time there a lot tougher.

I can only speak of the army but i'm sure all parts of the military are the same. Everything the military does is for a specific reason, remember that when your being yelled at. As my drill sargents told us on graduation it was nothing personal. They just want to weed out the physically and mentally weak and only keep the strong. So if your joining because you want to be a soldier and protect our country. Then your already ahead of about half of your group that you'll be doing basic with.

What branch of service did you choose and what will be your mos?

Thanks for the advice!

I chose the Marine Corps because my dad is a former Marine and I thought it would provide the most challenge. My MOS is 1142 - Electrical Systems Technician. Kind of wish I would have chosen infantry, but it's too late to change now. Also, I'm going the reserve route so that I can finish my degree that I started last year.

It's like any standardized test. Don't fall to the back half of the pack and your ass will be fine.

The motovation I'll give you is actually this. Don't come back a completely brainwashed moron jarhead/grunt depending on service, compartmentalize that crap. Your friends want to see you when you come back, not whatever idiot that usually comes back and will explain a sir sandwitch and why not to do it everytime they shoot you crap, once at most is good.

Thanks. I don't think I'll be one of those guys, but I've met plenty of them in my time in the DEP. I'm planning on coming back as a better, more motivated person.