How has the Marine Urination fiasco missed Huskerboard?

We actually talked about this about our pool function a couple weeks ago. Our Marine recruiters said that the Marines who committed the act should at least be demoted, if not kicked out of the Corps entirely. But, they did say stuff like this happens all the time, it's just a matter of whether or not somebody records it.

Maybe a more pertinent question would be; if this were a good story about some of our marines helping some locals in some way, would our media report that with the same vigor? Would the middle eastern media even touch it?

Isn't that what their mission is... why would that be a story?

Got to love election time. It's funny when the left seems to be more concerned with the values of the Republican candidates then the people (South Carolina) who are supposed to actually vote based on the candidates values. Obviously they didn't.

The concern is that hypocrits say one thing, but do the opposite.

You probably knew that... or maybe you didn't. Either way, now you do.

There are so many worse things that have happened, and all it takes is the media to make something much bigger than it really needs to be.

How has the media made this bigger?

If it wasn't for the media, would have we heard about this?

The same could be said of any issue that has happened outside of my community.

Would you prefer we go back to the days where news travelled by horseback?

Then again, the riders could still bear the brunt of the blame for spreading inconvenient stories.

Some troops did something stupid, and made it worse by filming it and putting it on youtube.

It's not like they're beheading civilian media types or hanging headless corpses.

Perspective....

Here is some "perspective" for you...

Some troops did something stupid, and made it worse by filming it and putting it on youtube.

Yep, self-inflicted stupidity.

Pissing off (and pissing on) the locals when you're an occupying army is not a good idea. And a bad idea made worse with video.

It's not like they're beheading civilian media types or hanging headless corpses.

No, it's like they're tiring of civilians being killed by the thousand while foreign troops prop up a corrupt govenment run by drug lords.

Weren't they private contractors....Blackwater guys to be exact?

Look closely at the uniform. People should look a little more carefully before assuming...

Are you saying that the four contractors killed in Fallujah were not contractors?

What image of a uniform are you talking about?

I wanted to see what the event was that he mentioned. I wanted to find out what he was talking about so we could take a look at what acutally happenened. I'm also not aware of another time where dead bodies were dragged through the streets. I know the above does have more to the story than most think. I read about it...I'd have to dig that book out to refresh my memory as to what happend though...

Ahh, I see.

And I believe this happened in Somalia as well, IIRC. Part of the reason Somalia was unpopular.

We actually talked about this about our pool function a couple weeks ago. Our Marine recruiters said that the Marines who committed the act should at least be demoted, if not kicked out of the Corps entirely. But, they did say stuff like this happens all the time, it's just a matter of whether or not somebody records it.

again...that just sounds like we shoudl just all expect and accept it. I would have asked what they are doing to stop/prevent it...and whatever that is it's obviously not enough if it "happens all the time".

again...that just sounds like we shoudl just all expect and accept it. I would have asked what they are doing to stop/prevent it...and whatever that is it's obviously not enough if it "happens all the time".

No, that's not what they were trying to say. In fact, all of the recruiters were strongly in favor of these Marines getting their asses booted from the Corps. They were just trying to tell us that stuff like this happens all the time, and it's nearly impossible to stop it from happening.

No, that's not what they were trying to say. In fact, all of the recruiters were strongly in favor of these Marines getting their asses booted from the Corps. They were just trying to tell us that stuff like this happens all the time, and it's nearly impossible to stop it from happening.

They can't make them do 50 push ups w/ their face in camel dung when they catch them doing it...or is our military full of that many lost cause low lifes that even that woudln't stop/prevent it?? I'm wanting to assume the latter isn't the case. I realize you probably don't know the answer, but I'd like to ask the recruiters that question.

They can't make them do 50 push ups w/ their face in camel dung when they catch them doing it...or is our military full of that many lost cause low lifes that even that woudln't stop/prevent it?? I'm wanting to assume the latter isn't the case. I realize you probably don't know the answer, but I'd like to ask the recruiters that question.

I know you're exaggerating, but punishing these Marines by making them do push-ups in crap wouldn't solve anything. In fact, it would probably make this whole thing an even bigger deal to most people. The fact is that humans don't have the best judgment, especially when it comes to stressful times such as a firefight. Things like this happen all the time, all across the world, but this incident has come to prominence only because it was filmed and because the perpetrators are service members.

There are so many worse things that have happened, and all it takes is the media to make something much bigger than it really needs to be.

How has the media made this bigger?

If it wasn't for the media, would have we heard about this?

Maybe a more pertinent question would be; if this were a good story about some of our marines helping some locals in some way, would our media report that with the same vigor? Would the middle eastern media even touch it?

and when was the last time the media reported on a plan landing safely?

I take care of my kids. I ain't never been to jail!