Rivals Analyst Predictions

Laugh if you want. The Nebraska program will be laughed at if we don't land him. How sad will it look if we can't even get a kid whose brother and cousin are on the team? And without Shelton or Peat? Deifnitely no higher than a C, in my opinion. I mean seriously, what do you see that would make it any higher??

i'll do a more detailed analysis on needs met by this recruiting class once it's signed. i really haven't spent much time thinking about it yet. that said, i was laughing because you seem to imply one single prospect makes such a difference in the success of a class. yes, he's a great prospect. yes, it would be a huge disappointment not to get him. i'm not sure though why it matters much how we "look", or even how many people that matter would even notice.

to put it more simply, saying peat's committment matters more than the combination of the other four is just plain silly.

Who are the other 4 you are referring to? There are only 3 others, IMO... VV, Curry, and Moore. Don't see us getting Shelton or Ford, sorry. We can get all 3 of them and not get Peat, and I'd view it as a huge disappointment. We'd have a few good recruits, but none would be the shining gem that we need. Especially compared to the elite teams in the country that we want to compete with...

Peat signing with Nebraska would pave the way for other 5-star recruits to think of Nebraska as a legitimate landing spot, along with the Bamas, LSUs, USCs, Texases, and Ohio States of the world.

Who are the other 4 you are referring to? There are only 3 others, IMO... VV, Curry, and Moore. Don't see us getting Shelton or Ford, sorry. We can get all 3 of them and not get Peat, and I'd view it as a huge disappointment. We'd have a few good recruits, but none would be the shining gem that we need. Especially compared to the elite teams in the country that we want to compete with...

Peat signing with Nebraska would pave the way for other 5-star recruits to think of Nebraska as a legitimate landing spot, along with the Bamas, LSUs, USCs, Texases, and Ohio States of the world.

typo. obviously it will be a big disappointment to not get peat, regardless of whom we sign. that doesn't mean that peat is worth more than the other three combined. i don't get the great fascination with the shining gem of the class and i think you greatly overrate the impact it would have on our future recruiting. i could maybe see it if it was the number one QB in the nation or something, but whether or not we sign one OL (no matter how good he is), is really not going to have a great effect on our national perception. i'm much more concerned with getting players here that will help us win, and three good prospects are typically better than one great one (and i'm not sure i wouldn't call VV or moore "great", anyway.)

You say 3 good players > 1 great one. So by that rationale, who would you rather have... Michael Jordan (1 great player) or the trio of Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, and Horace Grant (3 good players)?

I'd choose Jordan.

Ya know it wasn't until two of those other players(Pippen and Grant) joined him that he actually won a title though. Just saying

um...this isn't basketball. one player doesn't make up 20% of your lineup and an OT will never dominate the outcome of a game by himself (though he can obviously have a significant effect on one).

i would consider one great player over three good ones at a few impact positions (QB, DT, RB and maybe MLB).

in any case, i want peat to sign as much as the next guy, i just think it's silly to place such an emphasis on one guy when grading the class. will it be a blow to the class if he doesn't come? sure. it's a need position and a great prospect. but to say we can get an A with him or nothing but a C without means we have waaaaaaaay different methods of grading how a recruiting class makes the team better (which is kind of the point of all this).

• Fire 1
um...this isn't basketball. one player doesn't make up 20% of your lineup and an OT will never dominate the outcome of a game by himself (though he can obviously have a significant effect on one).

i would consider one great player over three good ones at a few impact positions (QB, DT, RB and maybe MLB).

in any case, i want peat to sign as much as the next guy, i just think it's silly to place such an emphasis on one guy when grading the class. will it be a blow to the class if he doesn't come? sure. it's a need position and a great prospect. but to say we can get an A with him or nothing but a C without means we have waaaaaaaay different methods of grading how a recruiting class makes the team better (which is kind of the point of all this).

Oh yeah, ever seen THE BLIND SIDE.... ha... They make movies about OT, but then again, they made movies about a retarded water boy.

Peat would be the crown jewel of this class. It would not be the same without him. If we miss him we'd need to hit solid triples with our remaining spots to pull out a decent class here.

I think Curry and/or Valentine - I don't think we'll get both - are critical. Moore, definitely expect to get and he'll be a solid addition to the numbers. I think a CB is of dire importance, but don't think we'll land one. That'll hurt. Really hope CJ can make it eventually.

Peat would be the crown jewel of this class. It would not be the same without him. If we miss him we'd need to hit solid triples with our remaining spots to pull out a decent class here.

That's pretty much exactly what I was trying to say...