Rivals Analyst Predictions

I'm sure Nebraska Rivals Insider has an article on where they think recruits will go, but I don't pay for it. I have talked to at least one analyst about our remaining 6 recruits left, and got their predictions. Most of the info we already know and has been posted in the player profiles. Just thought people would be interested on their take where they thought they would go, and who to look out for. Take it for what it's worth.

Andrus Peat - Nebraska...They don't think he's totally sold yet. Look out for Stanford and USC

Devian Shelton - Washington...Nebraska has a slight chance and USC has shown interest late

Alonzo Moore - Nebraska...Don't be surprised if he stays close to home and chooses La Tech

Aaron Curry - Nebraska...They seemed pretty positive on this one

Vincent Valentine - Nebraska...Illinois still has a chance with the relationship he has with their coaches

Raymond Ford - California...Utah is still in the race, they didn't think we were still in it.

rather have Shelton than Peat. Peat's the better player, but Shelton fills a bigger hole. Unless we hit it out of the park going the JUCO route next year, our backfield is going to be extremely thin in a couple of years. Like Oklahoma State thin.

I think I'd have to choose, I'd take Peat in a heartbeat. He could help anchor an OL for a few years, if he lives up to his billing. A strong OL MAY bring future RBs, QBs and receivers. As for Shelton, I'd love to get him, but we can focus on getting similar talent next class(which is imperative, plus I think we'll have easier time selling early PT) I'm not so sure we'll be in on a Peat-like talent at OL next year.

Peat will obviously make or break this class. As long as we get him and 3 others, I give this class an A. Without him, no matter who else we get, I couldn't give it higher than a C.

Getting the other 4 wouldn't be higher than a C??? Bold statement

well, "bold" is one word for it. i would have gone with 'laughable'.

Laugh if you want. The Nebraska program will be laughed at if we don't land him. How sad will it look if we can't even get a kid whose brother and cousin are on the team? And without Shelton or Peat? Deifnitely no higher than a C, in my opinion. I mean seriously, what do you see that would make it any higher??

• Fire 2

Laugh if you want. The Nebraska program will be laughed at if we don't land him. How sad will it look if we can't even get a kid whose brother and cousin are on the team? And without Shelton or Peat? Deifnitely no higher than a C, in my opinion. I mean seriously, what do you see that would make it any higher??

I think that without Peat but WITH Shelton and/or Ford, this class still gets an A- to an A. It's a really good LB class led by Michael Rose, and we still got 2 guys for the O-Line in Thurston and Whitaker. Then you've got one of the better WRs in the country in Westerkamp, hopefully a big guy in VV who can plug up the middle, a JUCO CB in Seisay who can instantly contribute and fill the spot of Fonzo. Then to top it off, we got a competitor with skills in Armstrong to hopefully be the next QB for the offense.

Peat would definitely be a disappointment if he goes elsewhere, but it definitely does not ruin the class.