Nebraska Prestige

bdubb75

I didn't mean it like that. My point is have we lost some prestige? Our recruiting classes aren't doing too hot considering we are, what I consider, one of the best teams in the country and definitely one of the best programs. There are a lot of other schools doing better than us and I don't think they should.

TO didn't have highly touted recruiting classes. Other than a few years when BC was coach, Nebraska has never had highly touted recruiting classes. If I'm a stud recruit, I can think of several places I'd rather play based upon weather alone.

We don't really know that though. I've read a number of articles where Nebraska was consistently in the top 20.

Regardless - if you go back through those recruiting classes and evaluate them today they are top 10. If you go back through Bo's classes they likely lose some luster. That's what counts, and unfortuanately we haven't had a lot pan out for us lately.

Ultimately winning brings in the recruits...it's a chicken/egg thing...but we need to start winning (this is where trophy's count Bo) before you see us jump up to the next level as far as recruiting goes.

Is it lost? The recruiting numbers are just sad to me when Virginia and other schools are above us. Have we lost a step or am I overanalyzing?

What recruiting numbers are you looking at? Yes, this will be a smaller class due to scholarship limits, but the average of stars/commit should put us in the top 20. I could be wrong, though.

I've been checking Rivals and ESPN mostly. We were in the top 25 on Rivals for a bit then fell to 30th. I know it's not over yet but just looking over the other teams and rankings, it's just interesting to me. For instance, Texas @#2 - I know they are Texas but they have been pretty bad the past few years. Clemson is sitting at #9....it's Clemosn?! aTm @#13, UCLA @#17, Washington @#22, Rutgers@#24, Texas Tech@#25, Virginia@#26, Cal@#29...all above us.

Clemson always does really well in recruiting, especially in Florida so there's no surprise there. Also VA is in a very good state for football recruiting, granted they have more competition but still.

I myself have never really bought into recruiting hype. It's not about who gets ranked the top class or who has the most stars or highest average star, or most 5 stars or any of that. Its about recruiting the right kinds of players for your program. Do they fit your style of play? Will they work hard and buy into the team?

Wisconsin never does stellar in recruiting and probably never will because we don't go after those 5 star QB's and WR's. They aren't necessary for our system.

Nebraska prestige slips a little each year that we don't win a conference championship/play in a BCS game. 2001 was a long, long, time ago.

The current group of recruits was about 8 years old the last time that Nebraska was in a BCS bowl game. They were about 6 years old the last time we won a conference championship.

We need to win something. Soon.

• Fire 1