Krihy Cooper quitting

krc1995

I know the article reads that he hasn't made up his mind about football yet, but why quit baseball now? He was one recruit I was excited about, but never really panned out. I know he gave up being a 7th round potential draft pick to come here so I hope his time wasn't wasted(other then getting a degree)

I feel bad for the kid. He and we had very high hopes for him when he came as a 2 sport star. Trying to juggling both didn't work in this case. Also have Anderson as a HC didn't help (low blow, but had to get it in). Never panned out like everyone hoped. This happens a lot, and I am sure he at time is 2nd guessing his decision. But, hey, the time he spent on the team (FB and BB) , along with a hopeful college degree and Layne Reeves prove to be a good decision.

Good Luck to Coop..... Have met him a few time. He has attended a few of our games and he is a really good kid.

I thought he was taking the baseball season off to heal a foot injury. They were talking about this on Lincoln radio 93.7 yesterday. They said that he wanted to focus on academics this spring and rehab is foot to be ready for football.

He is at UNL on a football scholarship. They talked like he intended on keeping it, and earning it.

I thought he was taking the baseball season off to heal a foot injury. They were talking about this on Lincoln radio 93.7 yesterday. They said that he wanted to focus on academics this spring and rehab is foot to be ready for football.

He is at UNL on a football scholarship. They talked like he intended on keeping it, and earning it.

I thought that I heard that he hadn't decided on football yet. Probably depends on how the foot is come Spring ball. Man I hope he gets healed up. As you can tell from my post above that I am a big Cooper fan (because of the person, not on-field play). I would like to see him get another shot next fall to make plays. Heal quickly .

I know his girlfriend folks personally ... atleast he got a nice catch in finding her.

Funny story - I saw Khiry and his girlfriend at the grocery store once. Went up and down the aisles and kept running into him, and he kept noticing that I was looking at him. I knew he was a player but I couldn't remember his name. To stop staring, I just introduced myself and said I knew he was a player but, I'm sorry, I couldn't remember his name. He introduced himself and we talked for a while, and all the while his really nice-looking girlfriend is standing beside him, just grinning from ear to ear. She probably liked that he was getting some recognition or something. I was my usual positive self when talking to one of the players.

It wasn't until a couple of days later that a coworker told me he was seeing Layne Reeves, a Guard on the WBB team. Funny thing is, I've seen her play WAY more than I've seen Khiry play, but she didn't look on the court the way she looks in person. She's really pretty in person. They're a really nice-looking couple.

The Reeves were a key family in the church I pastored there. Ron and Nancy have three girls that have a unique understanding of the love, life and liberty found in Christ. I thought their oldest daughter was pretty ... she was about college age when I knew her. Layne turned out to be a "looker" for sure. Great family ... Coop and them go well together.

I know his girlfriend folks personally ... atleast he got a nice catch in finding her.

Funny story - I saw Khiry and his girlfriend at the grocery store once. Went up and down the aisles and kept running into him, and he kept noticing that I was looking at him. I knew he was a player but I couldn't remember his name. To stop staring, I just introduced myself and said I knew he was a player but, I'm sorry, I couldn't remember his name. He introduced himself and we talked for a while, and all the while his really nice-looking girlfriend is standing beside him, just grinning from ear to ear. She probably liked that he was getting some recognition or something. I was my usual positive self when talking to one of the players.

It wasn't until a couple of days later that a coworker told me he was seeing Layne Reeves, a Guard on the WBB team. Funny thing is, I've seen her play WAY more than I've seen Khiry play, but she didn't look on the court the way she looks in person. She's really pretty in person. They're a really nice-looking couple.

Knapp, have you met every single Husker in history at the grocery store, man? Haha. It seems like you've run into a lot of them while shopping.

Since he has been out of HS for 3 years..........isn't he elibible again for the draft? (althought his stock probably has dropped since his production in baseball wasn't what he expected)

I hope the future works out for him because he left a lot of bucks on the table to become a Husker...............

Knapp, have you met every single Husker in history at the grocery store, man? Haha. It seems like you've run into a lot of them while shopping.

I've met quite a few in the last few years. I've lived in Lincoln for the better part of 20 years and, until recently, I rarely met the players or coaches. But in the past three years or so I've met a lot of them, and it's at all different places.

Layne is a very good looking and an even better person. I have never met a more Christ centered-conservative person, but yet she is not one of those over the top bible thumpers. From what I have heard Khiry, is a pretty good guy and hopefully every thing works out well for him.