Final Thoughts on the Class of 2012

Given such a small class size we should have been full in October. Its an ok class for nebraska. I dont think we will ever get much better really. Never will we get shizzle or bling type guys. Only utility type atheletes and work in progress type guys. So realistically I think in four years we will look back and say wow this guy and that guy were great but him and him and him and him...eh. I'm guess nebraska will be about 9-4, 10-3 and guys like seisay and Anderson will be NFL bound leaving only a couple big impact guys. Can't wait to see who emerges.

So since Anderson, Seisay, Afalava, Moss, Cross, Curry, Moore and Valentine weren't ready to commit by then we should have given up on them and taken whoever would commit?

• Fire 1

Given such a small class size we should have been full in October. Its an ok class for nebraska. I dont think we will ever get much better really. Never will we get shizzle or bling type guys. Only utility type atheletes and work in progress type guys. So realistically I think in four years we will look back and say wow this guy and that guy were great but him and him and him and him...eh. I'm guess nebraska will be about 9-4, 10-3 and guys like seisay and Anderson will be NFL bound leaving only a couple big impact guys. Can't wait to see who emerges.

So since Anderson, Seisay, Afalava, Moss, Cross, Curry, Moore and Valentine weren't ready to commit by then we should have given up on them and taken whoever would commit?

NU will never be full in October. Our gameday Atmosphere sells more kids than anything. We will never fill up in October.

NU will never be full in October. Our gameday Atmosphere sells more kids than anything. We will never fill up in October.

Which is why not a single kid committed following an official visit this fall?

Our game day used to be great. When we fielded a high intensity team that played with constant grit, fire, and passion, In those days, now long past... the energy of the place was electric as the energy of the team electrified the fans. That was then. This is now....

It all starts with the passion of the players. That passion, generally, is no longer something that characterizes NU football. And... the game day experience is, as well... compromised.

So because the kid doesnt commit on the spot at gameday means that it isn't a huge selling point?

Our game day used to be great. When we fielded a high intensity team that played with constant grit, fire, and passion, In those days, now long past... the energy of the place was electric as the energy of the team electrified the fans. That was then. This is now....

It all starts with the passion of the players. That passion, generally, is no longer something that characterizes NU football. And... the game day experience is, as well... compromised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZnX-DwFIG4

It is our biggest selling point. I suppose the debate is if it that selling point was maximized as a recruiting pitch or not.

Best way to build excitement around a prospective student would be to bring them to a night game in Lincoln. Not that it is the end all be all thing for every recruit, but would you rather have a recruit in for a visit to Lincoln for a night game against Wisconsin, or in the first week of December?

Vincent Valentine just off the top of my head was here on game day. So was Moore.

chicken%2Blittle.jpg