Obama's assault on religion is beginning

haha right. there are thousands of men who have come forward with differing stories, are they all lying? how does it make sense to sit and quibble over when life does or doesn't begin when we are literally up to our necks in unwanted children? how does it make sense to condemn contraceptives when the planet is already overpopulated by a factor of some 300%? this garbage may have been harmless when it was written, there were about 5 million people on the planet. now there are 7 billion and we've got problems for which this antiquated BS just isn't appropriate. step into the 21st century.

Husker freak is right. It has to do with abortions too. At mass last week, the priest read a letter sent by the archbishop of Omaha concerning the new bill, and abortions was one of the topics discussed.

And why would the Catholic Church change their stance on contraceptives when they believe sex should be used for procreation purposes only? Isn't the purpose of contraceptives to stop procreation...

But the regulation has nothing to do with abortion. I don't really care what the Catholic Church believes it means. I care about what it actually says. One is based in reality. One is not.

It has to do with giving abortion inducing drugs...if I remember correctly.

Yep!! You are Exactly right and if the people arguing would get over the fact that they hate the Catholic religion they would see this.

Husker freak is right. It has to do with abortions too. At mass last week, the priest read a letter sent by the archbishop of Omaha concerning the new bill, and abortions was one of the topics discussed.

And why would the Catholic Church change their stance on contraceptives when they believe sex should be used for procreation purposes only? Isn't the purpose of contraceptives to stop procreation...

Why doesn't the Catholic Church read more letters from its bishops about health care, minimum wage and war?

It seems as if they only read the letters that are in line with right wing talking points.

Well, I could really care less about politics. I have no idea what stances right wing/left wing people even have. So I can't answer your question.

Your church cares about politics, and it steers its flock in that direction.

What I can say is, they rarely read letters sent by bishops. I can't remember a mass where the priest has read a letter in regards to politics before last weekend. My guess would be right wing is pro-life and the Catholic Church is pro-life, therefore they read letters of the right wing...?

Pro-life is also anti-war, proiliving wage, and pro-health care.

And if they were pro-life, they'd be championing PETA, unless it was just human life they were for. Human life, which starts after the non-human fetus leaves the womb.

"Abortion inducing drugs?" Two cells joined . . . that may or may not implant . . . are now a person? I thought the "life begins at erection" jokes were taking it a bit far . . . but apparently they are quite apt.

Making me bust out my pharmacology book. I didn't want to even look at this book until mid week, thanks a lot! :P

Prostaglandins, such as dinoprostone and prostaglandin e2 are vaginal suppositories used for therapeutic abortions in the second trimester. So, much later than the "may or may not implant" stage you just said. I assume these are the abortion inducing drugs being talked about in the bill.

The only problem for your argument is that prostaglandins like RU486 are NOT included in this coverage. Your definition from your pharmacology book is correct . . . but completely irrelevant in this discussion.

The so called "abortion inducing drugs" that are talked about in this regulation are only the drugs that are FDA approved. That means Plan B and Ella, both of which either prevent a fertilized egg from implanting or blocking the fertilization of the egg itself. That means hours, not weeks, after sex.

This is what happens when you assume. :)

But the regulation has nothing to do with abortion. I don't really care what the Catholic Church believes it means. I care about what it actually says. One is based in reality. One is not.

Yep!! You are Exactly right and if the people arguing would get over the fact that they hate the Catholic religion they would see this.

coffee5.gif

http://www.huskerboa...post__p__921966

Hey, at least the Catholic church recognizes evolution. Sure they justify this by saying it's driven by god, which is absurd, but at least they're not completely retarded on the subject like a lot of religions.

They're still a little ass-backwards when it comes to women's rights. I think a lot of the problem here is they seem to lump things like the morning after pill in with abortion, which is factually incorrect.

From a strictly practical point of view, it's difficult to maintain status as a major world religion if you don't have a lot of followers. Encouraging your followers to have large families while at the same time discouraging use of any kind of contraceptive would appear to meet with this goal.

From a strictly practical point of view, it's difficult to maintain status as a major world religion if you don't have a lot of followers. Encouraging your followers to have large families while at the same time discouraging use of any kind of contraceptive would appear to meet with this goal.

And let's not forget that this doctrine comes from the same organized religion that forbade its own members from reading the Bible on their own (so as to foster dependency on the Church and its clergy) and willfully omitted a gospel from one of the Apostles because it negated the necessity of an organized body (such as the Catholic Church) to worship God.

---

If anything, it's easy to conjecture that this doctrine of discouraging abortion and contraception is completely self-serving and political. And frankly, if President Obama's current attempts to sidestep this is tantamount to 'an assault on religion', then couch it however you would like so you can wrap your binary brain around it. At the end of the day, Obama is doing what is right, and the Church is very much in the wrong on these women's rights issues.

Man, makes a fella long for the good 'ole days when Republicans demonized Catholics as agents of the Pope and that a Catholic President was tantamount to the USA becoming a puppet state of the Vatican. At least that unabashed, myopic derp was pure and not manufactured, like it is today.

Why doesn't the Catholic Church read more letters from its bishops about health care, minimum wage and war?

It seems as if they only read the letters that are in line with right wing talking points.

Well, I could really care less about politics. I have no idea what stances right wing/left wing people even have. So I can't answer your question.

Your church cares about politics, and it steers its flock in that direction.

What I can say is, they rarely read letters sent by bishops. I can't remember a mass where the priest has read a letter in regards to politics before last weekend. My guess would be right wing is pro-life and the Catholic Church is pro-life, therefore they read letters of the right wing...?

Pro-life is also anti-war, proiliving wage, and pro-health care.

And if they were pro-life, they'd be championing PTE, unless it was just human life they were for. Human life, which starts after the non-human fetus leaves the womb.

The way I have heard it many times is that Pro-life is just from conception to birth. After that good luck.Most Pro-life people are pro military, pro guns, pro death penalty. So, pro-life so they have someone to kill later.

The way I have heard it many times is that Pro-life is just from conception to birth. After that good luck.Most Pro-life people are pro military, pro guns, pro death penalty. So, pro-life so they have someone to kill later.

Ah yes... so they can prove that their god is a merciful one.

And let's not forget that this doctrine comes from the same organized religion that forbade its own members from reading the Bible on their own (so as to foster dependency on the Church and its clergy) and willfully omitted a gospel from one of the Apostles because it negated the necessity of an organized body (such as the Catholic Church) to worship God.

---

If anything, it's easy to conjecture that this doctrine of discouraging abortion and contraception is completely self-serving and political. And frankly, if President Obama's current attempts to sidestep this is tantamount to 'an assault on religion', then couch it however you would like so you can wrap your binary brain around it. At the end of the day, Obama is doing what is right, and the Church is very much in the wrong on these women's rights issues.

Man, makes a fella long for the good 'ole days when Republicans demonized Catholics as agents of the Pope and that a Catholic President was tantamount to the USA becoming a puppet state of the Vatican. At least that unabashed, myopic derp was pure and not manufactured, like it is today.

The church is right and it is not about women's rights, it is about the 1st amendment. If you thought it was morally wrong to talk about abstinance but the govt forced you to tell women that they must practice abstinace, I wonder how you would feel?

And it is none of your business if the docterine is self serving and political, it is their religion to be practiced any way they see fit. This is about forcing govt onto a private religion, that is why this country was founded to get away from this type of tyranny.

And so you insult anyone who chooses something you don't like and use derogatory terms like binary brain. We forgot people like you with the big brains and heads (Looks like those guys from star trek) are so advanced that your polices have gotten us out of this recession and have diminished the debt we now owe. No wait, those poilices are turning us into Greece, way to go big brain guy of genius!!

Yeah, the Republican demonized the Catholics in the sixties goes to show how the party has grown, huh? Now who is demonizing religion, uber liberals such as yourself. So you are only fifty years behind the times, why don't you go back a little further and bring back slavery!! :nutz

I forgot how merciful you are to people who torture and kill an innocent human being and show no remorse. He or she was just a victim themselves and those poor little kids they tortured and sometimes rape oh well, nothing we can about that now. You guys sound like those crazy baptists who love to see the dead soldeirs come home.

Pro military doesn't mean pro death, it can also mean a strong defense prevents wars. Pro guns doesn't mean pro death, it means you like to hunt or you like to protect yourself and family. Pro death penalty means that some human beings may forfeit their right when they take away someone else's right to live. chuckleshuffle

Sorry, but this bothers me. It is God that I and Catholics believe in one God not many gods or god.

Sorry, but this bothers me. It is God that I and Catholics believe in one God not many gods or god.

Let's assume for for the sake of developing common ground to have a discussion, that there is one God and one Jesus.

There are countless descriptions of God and Jesus, so many that we may not recognize them per the description given by aother person.

I somewhat agree with Marcion's description of the God of the Old Testament, that He was not worth worshipping. However I do belive in a God that is different from the one described in the Holy Bible.

I also believe in the prophet Jesus whose teachings were given in three Synoptic Gospels.