Nebraska vs. Michigan

Should have sold our souls for Bob Huggins. I would ladly take a couple years of probation for 3-4 tourney appearances with a couple of wins there.

I would rather shut the program down than sell our soul for a few appearances in the tourney. Nothing is worth going down that road. How would we ever get another coach in here if we did that? We'd be like Oklahoma after Barry Switzer with Gary Gibbs. Disgraced and pathetic. I'd rather just be pathetic.

Tom should fire Doc in the locker room after this game. He should then immediately retire. Dr. Tom was a great coach and I'll forever be grateful for what he did as a head coach, but he has done real damage to the athletic department as a whole.

He should have kept the "interim" title and re-retired shortly after firing Callahan.

You do realize TO didn't hire Doc right???

Not sure where you exactly are going with this.

Yes I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that he gave Doc an extension and a $3 million buyout last season, AFTER the Huskers lost five of their final six games.

He waited two seasons too long on Mike Anderson and then hired a dude who's never been a paid coach to replace him. He has waited FAR too long to fire Doc, AND made it more costly to do so. And then there's Bo and his Sun Belt Level coaching staff.

This athletic program is at about a low a point as it has been in 30 years.

Steve Pederson!!?? Is that you? Are you still butthurt over 2007? Dont you have a coach or 2 to hire?

Should have sold our souls for Bob Huggins. I would ladly take a couple years of probation for 3-4 tourney appearances with a couple of wins there.

I would rather shut the program down than sell our soul for a few appearances in the tourney. Nothing is worth going down that road. How would we ever get another coach in here if we did that? We'd be like Oklahoma after Barry Switzer with Gary Gibbs. Disgraced and pathetic. I'd rather just be pathetic.

But Oklahoma is relevent now. In basketball so is Michigan, UNLV, Baylor. Seems like things worked out. So immediately afterwards there may be a lull of 5 years or so, how is that any different then right now. ANd by the way a lot of talk about Huggins being dirty, but KState is still humming along.

But hey at least Doc was happy and proud of his teams effort and hustle on defense despite the offensive struggles, per his presser. Obviously I watched a different game. IF Hardaway Jr hits half of his open jumpers he missed there is another 12 points. Michigan missed a lot of open looks in that first helf

Hey we may have lost, but look at the bright side...free foam fingers for students! Wooooohooooooo

But seriously this game was painful to watch, just sloppy play from the Huskers all across the board. Also, Novak for Michigan was not a very classy player at all. You could hear him cursing from the student section, and on more than one occasion he threw a fit at a call. It may just be me, but I tend to think of basketball players as above this sort of behavior (Minus Ron Arte...I mean Metta World Peace ^_^ )

It really has the appearance that the tea has quit on Doc. TO is not going to have a choice. While we don't have any realhistory of being good, this season looks like it will be the worst in 40 years.

And I'm pretty sure there are some elite high school teams that could beat the Huskers right now....its sad...

Have you met Tom? I GUARANTEE Doc comes back next season. I don't know whether it's simply being in completely over his head, or having a truly odd psychological reaction to when he was a coach and some were calling for his head, but his personnel decisions have been poor pretty much across the board since the day after he fired Callahan.

Crap, I broke my pencil. Hey, Gumbercules, come here, let me borrow the one stuck up your ass.

There is no way Doc will be back next year. If you are so certain of it, let's put big money on this. If you're interested, and I assume you are since you're so ready to GUARANTEE it, message me and we'll exchange info.

Fire T.O!!!!! no but seriously, he came into scheels around 6ish, as he was going up the escalator i hollered "fire doc" and he looked at me and then looked away...T.O is too oblivious to make rational decisions...im sure there are other people who sway all of his choices...honestly Doc needs to go, he's a great guy and i would do anything for him to succeed here but its just not going to happen...and about the "he's the best we can get" thats a bunch of horsesh#t, you have to spend money to make money, bring in a big name no matter what the cost, i guarentee if nebraska started winning, attendence would skyrocket...especially with the best facilities in college basketball, and soon to be one of the top arena's. in 2010 when women's games were consistently having a higher attendance average (which is pathetic) even i was going to more women's games...Cheers to a very long rest of the year...i hope we beat iowa again, but besides that ehhhh ive kinda given up too

• Fire 2

Fire T.O!!!!! no but seriously, he came into scheels around 6ish, as he was going up the escalator i hollered "fire doc" and he looked at me and then looked away...T.O is too oblivious to make rational decisions...im sure there are other people who sway all of his choices...honestly Doc needs to go, he's a great guy and i would do anything for him to succeed here but its just not going to happen...and about the "he's the best we can get" thats a bunch of horsesh#t, you have to spend money to make money, bring in a big name no matter what the cost, i guarentee if nebraska started winning, attendence would skyrocket...especially with the best facilities in college basketball, and soon to be one of the top arena's. in 2010 when women's games were consistently having a higher attendance average (which is pathetic) even i was going to more women's games...Cheers to a very long rest of the year...i hope we beat iowa again, but besides that ehhhh ive kinda given up too

First off, let me say AMEN to the bolded part. That would be the absolute perfect way for the season to end... lose out except for that Iowa game.

I agree with everything you said, my only worry is about what Tom is willing to pay. I think Nebraska could get some really good candidates IF they are willing to spend the money, I just don't know if Tom will. I believe Doc is the second lowest paid coach in the conference. Tom has to be willing to put a guy - even though he's new - in the middle of the pack.

First off, let me say AMEN to the bolded part. That would be the absolute perfect way for the season to end... lose out except for that Iowa game.

I agree with everything you said, my only worry is about what Tom is willing to pay. I think Nebraska could get some really good candidates IF they are willing to spend the money, I just don't know if Tom will. I believe Doc is the second lowest paid coach in the conference. Tom has to be willing to put a guy - even though he's new - in the middle of the pack.

which is rediculous, lets build a multi million dollar arena and practice facility to court a bunch of lowly touted players and coaches...ill tell you right now that revenue is going to be coming from concerts and national events at the arena, not "husker men's basketball" Boehm is an idiot too like you said earlier, met him many times, he doesnt do jack for this program...i love basketball and when we play well it ranks close up there to football, but damn these seasons get so frustrating because there is nothing to entertain me, husker sports wise....grow some grapes Tom, or you will feel the heat...i love T.O and all, and yes he did amazing things for this program, but i was never really sure he was suited to be an athletic director

Tom should fire Doc in the locker room after this game. He should then immediately retire. Dr. Tom was a great coach and I'll forever be grateful for what he did as a head coach, but he has done real damage to the athletic department as a whole.

He should have kept the "interim" title and re-retired shortly after firing Callahan.

You do realize TO didn't hire Doc right???

Not sure where you exactly are going with this.

Yes I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that he gave Doc an extension and a $3 million buyout last season, AFTER the Huskers lost five of their final six games.

He waited two seasons too long on Mike Anderson and then hired a dude who's never been a paid coach to replace him. He has waited FAR too long to fire Doc, AND made it more costly to do so. And then there's Bo and his Sun Belt Level coaching staff.

This athletic program is at about a low a point as it has been in 30 years.

Steve Pederson!!?? Is that you? Are you still butthurt over 2007? Dont you have a coach or 2 to hire?

Awesome response. At least Steve Pederson made a tough call and fired a coach who wasn't getting it done. He may have made piss poor decisions after that, but at least he had the balls to get rid of Solich before the program was COMPLETELY run into the ground.

I pity you if you think Osborne has done an even mediocre job as our AD