Spring Game, Wish List

Jaybird

I personally want to see development in the trenches. I want to see some of the young offensive and defensive linemen really start to step up and assert themselves. I am a firm believer that success starts in the trenches. I want to see these 2 units starting to gel as well as some real tenacity and attitude in this particular aspect of the game.

I also would really like to see a qb (any qb, don't care who, Carnes, Broekmeyer, doestn' matter to me) step up and really take over the rigns as the clear cut leader of this team. In addition I would like a solid backup to emerge as well so that the coaching staff could be willing to put him in from time to time to get somone else some experience if something were to happen to the starter.

I'd like to see:

• Good Perfect weather
  • More precision in throwing and receiving
  • Some beautiful pass completions over the middle in the 15-25 yard range
  • No dropsies
  • Some DB's that can hug our receivers
  • No injuries
  • No price increases for Runza or Vals

I'd like to say I would like to see good line play, but it's hard for me to gauge whether a poor DL is making the OL look good, and vice versa. So I largely ignore them during these types of games and concentrate more on the skill positions.

I wish Taylor's form would be a lot better.

A lot better.

His form (which does need work) has not prevented him from getting passes close enough for our receivers to catch them. SEVERAL TV commentators have made this very point. He does need to work on when the pocket breaks down to get downfield like a Robinson. If he can do that as well as our receivers catching passes that they should, our offense is going to be very dangerous. How was Scott Frost's form for us? Shotput anyone?

The only thing I want to see is the offense showing more of a grasp of what they're doing. The defense should be a work in progress, so I'm not expecting a lot out of them.

One thing I would like to see is the 1's vs. the 1's, and not have these split squads. If they elect squads again there won't be much of anything to take from the game because it won't be guys who are used to working together.

I wish Taylor's form would be a lot better.

A lot better.

His form (which does need work) has not prevented him from getting passes close enough for our receivers to catch them. SEVERAL TV commentators have made this very point. He does need to work on when the pocket breaks down to get downfield like a Robinson. If he can do that as well as our receivers catching passes that they should, our offense is going to be very dangerous. How was Scott Frost's form for us? Shotput anyone?

I know it's not the most important thing to have fixed, but i'm being selfish.

I just don't like cringing every time he drops back to throw.