Best (and worst) early BCS title bets (ESPN)

AFhusker

8-5 in 2012. no one is going to be happy with that.

I think some people will be happy with that.

Who is going to be happy with another step back, and another year of being an also-ran? If Bo goes 8-5 his seat will be flaming hot in 2013

You answered your own question. The people who will be happy with that are the people who want Bo gone. There are many of them right here on HuskerBoard.

His seat is already flaming hot. It has been since he didtn win a national title his first year. Where have you been? :rolleyes:

Heard a nice little tidbit from a sports talk guy today on his show. Before he was a sports reporter he was just "Husker Fan", he even admits to being the "Crazy Husker Fan" that he refers to so much now. You know, the know it all fanatic who thinks he's in the know and throws his opinions and analysis all over message boards like they actually know something. Well, this reporter goes on to state that since he's had this job and has become a lot more in the know, he has gone from "Crazy Husker Fan" to just "Husker Fan", and that 97% of the people preaching and complaining dont know jack crap about what they are talking about. 2012> 10-3. No Big 10 title game. Bowl Win. We see much improvement on both sides of the ball and after impressive wins at Iowa and Bowl game, 2013 becomes hyped, even from the neggies.

His seat is already flaming hot. It has been since he didtn win a national title his first year. Where have you been? :rolleyes:

Heard a nice little tidbit from a sports talk guy today on his show. Before he was a sports reporter he was just "Husker Fan", he even admits to being the "Crazy Husker Fan" that he refers to so much now. You know, the know it all fanatic who thinks he's in the know and throws his opinions and analysis all over message boards like they actually know something. Well, this reporter goes on to state that since he's had this job and has become a lot more in the know, he has gone from "Crazy Husker Fan" to just "Husker Fan", and that 97% of the people preaching and complaining dont know jack crap about what they are talking about. 2012> 10-3. No Big 10 title game. Bowl Win. We see much improvement on both sides of the ball and after impressive wins at Iowa and Bowl game, 2013 becomes hyped, even from the neggies.

10-3 sounds about right. I don't agree with the poster who said we have no chance to win the conference; I mean, you always have to believe you have a chance, don't you? I'd hate to be the miserable bastard who goes into Spring Ball with the attitude that we have no chance. What kind of fan is that?

10-3 sounds about right. I don't agree with the poster who said we have no chance to win the conference; I mean, you always have to believe you have a chance, don't you? I'd hate to be the miserable bastard who goes into Spring Ball with the attitude that we have no chance. What kind of fan is that?

Some people are so negative. Just makes me sick sometimes. I swear some of these idiots hope we actually lose so they can be the "I told you so" man.

• Fire 1

Huskers are gonna win them all. GBR.

I know... be realistic and all that.

Fans are not realistic though.

The moment that you... face the truth...read the signs...accept that the team is not going to win. That's the day you cease to be a Husker fan.

It's Feb. I am a fan. I have seen enough to Bo-lieve that the Huskers will surprise!

• Fire 2

Pretty sure I said a 8-5 or 7-6 season was where I thought we'd be next year. So I guess I'm not the only one thinking we're gonna struggle.

It is, as I am sure you agree, too early to make hard predictions that we are willing to be held to. We need to see how the spring camp goes, who is injured, etc. all that and see how it goes practise wise prior to the season starting.

That said, your 8-5 seems very reasonable a prediction at this juncture --- a 7-6 might be a shade on the dark side --- but who knows. A 9-4 seems possible too --- though a shade on the bright side. Again too early to be in any way definitive --- but those thinking better than a 9-4 are awfully, awfully optomistic and unless an array of really significant improvments are manifest, those predictions are way too bright.

I'll wait until a week or two before the season to make a prediction to be held to... for now though, that 8-5 seems about right.

Huskers are gonna win them all. GBR.

I know... be realistic and all that.

Fans are not realistic though.

The moment that you... face the truth...read the signs...accept that the team is not going to win. That's the day you cease to be a Husker fan.

It's Feb. I am a fan. I have seen enough to Bo-lieve that the Huskers will surprise!

Thats what I'm talking about!

8-5 in 2012. no one is going to be happy with that.

I think some people will be happy with that.

Who is going to be happy with another step back, and another year of being an also-ran? If Bo goes 8-5 his seat will be flaming hot in 2013

You answered your own question. The people who will be happy with that are the people who want Bo gone. There are many of them right here on HuskerBoard.

I don't think anyone really wants Bo gone. they just haven't realized that the Big Ten is a better and deeper football conference than the Big 12. Sure you can compare bowl records but know this in like 3-4 bowl games the Big Ten plays against SEC teams. The Big 12 plays Pac-12, sometimes SEC Big Ten and Big East. The Big 12 has a softer bowl game schedule than the Big 10 does at the top bowls. That's the main reason why the Big Ten doesn't do as good as other conferences in bowl games. Look at the Big 12 vs the SEC and they are 9-18.

Some people are so negative. Just makes me sick sometimes. I swear some of these idiots hope we actually lose so they can be the "I told you so" man.

I would love to win all the games every year. But when I look at what we have coming back, and what the teams on our sched have coming back, it just does not look good right now. We need to have a massive improvement in many positions. We lose our two best defenders on a very average defense. And unless Taylor takes a big step in passing skills we could be in for a long year. I see us needing to win games more like we did in Bo's first year. And I just don't think its gonna be enough. I think its very possible that a loss to Mich and one, and certainly two other conference losses will keep us out of Indy. And most reasonable fans, and certianly Vegas, will have us as dogs for Ohio State, Mich and probably Mich State. And add in one other head scratcher we have every year and there we are.

I don't think anyone really wants Bo gone.

Oh, yes. Many people do. They are still the minority, but they are serious, and some of them are quite vocal.

Bo is not everyone's cup of tea. Some folks really, really do not like him.

I've sometimes been harsh on Bo but that's because i want him to succeed and i know he can do better. I don't care about his sideline antics. Even though the huskers can be at time frustrating to watch at times he is not anywhere close to being fired by anyone. Not unless winning seasons aren't good enough anymore.