So.....are there really no D-1 basketball players in Nebraska...?

Comish

Omaha Central I heard on a sports talk show is ranked as high as 7th NATIONALLY by some media outlets. How is it that we cant tap into some of that talent for some legitimate contributions. I dont get it.

Central is actually playing basketball powerhouse Oak Hill in Grand Island next year. Whoever Nebraska's coach is at the time needs to be at the game, there will be lots of D-1 talent on that court.

Last year we missed on Elliott Eliason from Chadron. Plays as a for the Gophers now. Two years ago we missed out on Greg Smith from Ralston, in addition to Gesell. Smith is doing pretty good at Colo State. Seems like we can’t hold onto (or recognize?) what little Div I talent we have in Nebraska. Heck, we could probably take one guy from Omaha Central about every year and not do too bad.

Plays as a for the Gophers now.

He plays as a what for the Gophers now? ;)

Ha ha! Editing error on me. I started to type that Eliason plays as a RS Frosh for the Gophers. To point out that they're going to get four years of play time from the guy we missed on.