NFL combine

Bench is not that useful of an indicator IMO. They should get rid of it. Jones has had back issues for how many years? Can't workout with back issues.

When you're an offensive lineman, and 2 quarterbacks can do more bench reps than you, it's a useful indicator of, well, something.

He does have long arms and that is a disadvantage for bench. I lifted with a buddy of mine in college --- I weighed 165 and could do just shy of 20 reps at 225 --- but he could do 28 and weighed 160 pounds. Lots of guys can bench many reps because they do it all the time so as to have as a goal the largest # they can get. maybe Marcel did not work bench much and perhaps his back was an issue there... yet 13 is really, really meager.

I was hoping David would post a 4.4 or 4.5. Not a 4.6 or 4.7

Luck ran faster WTF

Track speed vs football speed. David 9.9 times out of 10 catches Luck every time. I am sure that the scouts know this. Very few folks, other than Martinez, can take two steps and have nothing but grass in front of them. IMO, David is a steal. Hoping my Cowboys or Panthers pick him up. For a few yrs the Panthers were the NFL Huskers with Rucker, Peter and Minter.

Yea, Fonzie got out jumped by every elite college player he went against. Ha, Ha, Ha. Do they even know who he is?

Out jumped is the wrong terms for his play, but his height does hurt him as we've seen a few times. The kid is an athletic beast, and he will show that at the combine

lo was being facetious. Fonzie didn't get out-jumped by anyone.... well, except Alshon at the bowl game on that stupid Hail Mary. But pretty much every other time he beat his man.

Thanks Knap! Should have added the "sarcasm". Fonzie can flat out ball.

Bench is not that useful of an indicator IMO. They should get rid of it. Jones has had back issues for how many years? Can't workout with back issues.

When you're an offensive lineman, and 2 quarterbacks can do more bench reps than you, it's a useful indicator of, well, something.

He does have long arms and that is a disadvantage for bench. I lifted with a buddy of mine in college --- I weighed 165 and could do just shy of 20 reps at 225 --- but he could do 28 and weighed 160 pounds. Lots of guys can bench many reps because they do it all the time so as to have as a goal the largest # they can get. maybe Marcel did not work bench much and perhaps his back was an issue there... yet 13 is really, really meager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQttDhgptQk

• Fire 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQttDhgptQk

nah... that was at NU and there were many guys then who were my size (and some smaller) that could tote 225 25-30 times when I could never get 20. Just hang at the NU (or any other college weight room) and you get guys with short arms who bench every other day with the expressed intent of nailing reps and 20+ at 225 is routine... no one even is all that impressed. These are power lifters not "normal athletes" that lift to aid their sport --- this is guys who bench every other day for 6-7 years. Now... clean w/o bouncing off the chest stop and left then that number goes down some 20% or so. long armed guys not so much... much harder for them. But 13 for a 280 pound athlete (or whatever marcel weighs) is so low that it must be an injury-oriented limitation (long arms cannot explain that).withstanding).

Defensive genius only goes so far if the players can't execute. I think Bo should just simplify his approach and just let his players attack. Bo's match-up zone principles are now being used by almost every college football team. That speaks to the quality of what Bo is doing, imitation being the sincerest form of flattery. It's kind of hard for a QB to get into any kind of rhythm when he spends every snap running for his life. To wit, Michigan State blitzed and harrassed Michigan's Dennard Robinson into a plethora of mistakes and the Spartans won. Conversely, Nebraska layed back in coverage, played soft, and was demolished.

Uh, what? The only other team I've heard that uses it is Alabama.

Other teams I've noticed attempting to use the match-up zone include Texas, Oklahoma, USC and others. I can't quantify the exact numbers but more and more teams in college football are using Bo's defensive schemes and ideas. I know because as I watched college football through the '11 season I saw more and more teams emulating defensively what Bo does. Urban Meyer essentially invented the inverted option or zone read, Chris Ault invented the pistol formation. And now, just like those two coaches, Bo's match-up zone principles on defense are now being used more and more.

Fonzie probably had the best combine out of all 4 of them.

Tied for the 8th best broad jump

Tied for the 4th best vertical

Had the 14th best 40 yd dash

But heard he didn't take part in the cone drills because of the hip injury. Hopefully he can showcase that on Pro day.