Dead Doc Walking.........??

Comish

Osborne made no such ultimatum. Where do people come up with things like this? :dunno

You don't know that. Only way you do is if you are Osborne, which you aren't. While it is "unlikely" that he has made that ultimatum, it really can't be proven. All I know is that one of the basketball student managers said last Thursday that Doc felt comfortable that he was coming back next year and was acting like he is. Although, he really HAS to act like he is just in case he is.

I am, in fact, Tom Osborne. Nice to meet you. ;)

Well then quit messing around and fire our massively incompetent basketball coach.

It's really too bad he'll be dead broke after he's fired. Poor guy.

Where's this coming from? I haven't heard anything about Doc having money problems?

And honestly, since Doc's such a good promoter of our program, can't we find an AD place for him, especially if he is having problems outside of Basketball?

Osborne made no such ultimatum. Where do people come up with things like this? :dunno

You don't know that. Only way you do is if you are Osborne, which you aren't. While it is "unlikely" that he has made that ultimatum, it really can't be proven. All I know is that one of the basketball student managers said last Thursday that Doc felt comfortable that he was coming back next year and was acting like he is. Although, he really HAS to act like he is just in case he is.

I am, in fact, Tom Osborne. Nice to meet you. ;)

Well then quit messing around and fire our massively incompetent basketball coach.

Be patient with me! It's my birthday!

Where's this coming from? I haven't heard anything about Doc having money problems?

And honestly, since Doc's such a good promoter of our program, can't we find an AD place for him, especially if he is having problems outside of Basketball?

The "money problem" comment HAS to be sarcastic..............................if T.O. canned him this morning, he is a millionaire...................I think he'll be able to manage..........

I have heard nothing about "other problems".................

I do agree he would be a good ambassador for the athletic department................everyone seems to like him..........(especially oppossing coaches .....who love the "w")...........

The "money problem" comment HAS to be sarcastic..............................if T.O. canned him this morning, he is a millionaire...................I think he'll be able to manage..........

I do agree he would be a good ambassador for the athletic department................everyone seems to like him..........(especially oppossing coaches .....who love the "w")...........

Opposing coaches aside, he would do wonders for fund-raising and raising the profile of Nebraska basketball in and out of the community.

We just need someone to come in and help establish a product for Doc to shill.

Opposing coaches aside, he would do wonders for fund-raising and raising the profile of Nebraska basketball in and out of the community.

We just need someone to come in and help establish a product for Doc to shill.

Agree and would love to see it happen.................win/win situation............Doc stays; buyout is somewhat mitigated; basketball program gets fresh infusion; etc.

(the opposing coaches comment was just a throw-away tag line for fun)..................He WOULD be a valuable asset to the Ath. Dept...........although I don't know how many of those postions we have available.........or can create..............especially with the rumor that Barney may be in line for one.............

You can't fire a guy and then offer him a job in your AthDept. The ONLY way it'd work for a coach to make that move is if he did it on his own. Doc is not giving up his position, when he's fired he's gone.

You might be able to get away with it if it was a mutually agreeable situation and framed as a lateral move.............(for saving face ........since obviously every one would know the real rationale)..........but I could see them giving it a shot for appearances sake............especially if the Athletic department position was not necessarily guarenteed to be long term............

You can't fire a guy and then offer him a job in your AthDept. The ONLY way it'd work for a coach to make that move is if he did it on his own. Doc is not giving up his position, when he's fired he's gone.

You might be able to get away with it if it was a mutually agreeable situation and framed as a lateral move.............(for saving face ........since obviously every one would know the real rationale)..........but I could see them giving it a shot for appearances sake............especially if the Athletic department position was not necessarily guarenteed to be long term............

Don't fire him. Pay out his contract. Move him into a janitorial position until the contract has expired. Have him sweep the floors before and at halftime of the games until he quits. Oh and make him dress up like Herbie Husker while doing it.

Thank you would anyone want to keep working for their employer if they got fired?

Here's a far out plan. Not sure if it's a good plan. Tom might want to decide to get some fishing in. He would retire and Boehm would take his spot. Doc would take Boehm's spot. Some of the assistant coaches would move into compliance areas. New coach & some new assistants would be brought in. Not a likely scenario but kind of interesting.

I am not so sure T.O is looking at wins & losses but like others have stated, he would be looking at direction. Tangible recruiting results would be number 1 for me. Are top players interested? We should be seeing top 100 type players on the radar and talking about visiting....

Thank you would anyone want to keep working for their employer if they got fired?

How do you explain the many coaches who get "re-assigned" to an athletic department postion? Usually it's an assistant A.D. type of gig. Not saying that would happen here in Doc's case, but it is pretty routine.

How do you explain the many coaches who get "re-assigned" to an athletic department postion? Usually it's an assistant A.D. type of gig. Not saying that would happen here in Doc's case, but it is pretty routine.

Please give me a couple examples, I honestly do not believe that has ever happened. If you're talking about guys like Tom Osborne, that's a bit of a different situation that what Doc is facing. A coach wanting to continue coaching but couldn't because he had a losing season has never moved to work in the athdep the next year at the same school, I'm fairly certain of that.

Please give me a couple examples, I honestly do not believe that has ever happened. If you're talking about guys like Tom Osborne, that's a bit of a different situation that what Doc is facing. A coach wanting to continue coaching but couldn't because he had a losing season has never moved to work in the athdep the next year at the same school, I'm fairly certain of that.

You have never heard of a coach getting reassigned to an athletic dept job?? I am so stunned, I actually can't summon an example immediately, but perhaps another poster can chime in. I do believe it happens routinely but it's mostly a politically correct form of terminology to lessen the p.r. issue and/or to mitigate the wages still owed.

You have never heard of a coach getting reassigned to an athletic dept job?? I am so stunned, I actually can't summon an example immediately, but perhaps another poster can chime in. I do believe it happens routinely but it's mostly a politically correct form of terminology to lessen the p.r. issue and/or to mitigate the wages still owed.

You are so stunned because it's such a common occurence, everyone knows it happens all the time. For example there's.... and..... well.... did he.... oh sh*t, bball's right.