Dead Doc Walking.........??

Comish

Since most of the rumors dealing with Doc's job status reference an (alleged) ultimatum from T.O. that he must go at least .500 for the season.................(and since I don't believe there is ANY way he wins at Sparty on Saturday).................that makes tonight's game with Purdue a "Must Win"...............correct .....??

IF the speculation has any iota of substance..............we may have a sense of the direction later tonight.

Since most of the rumors dealing with Doc's job status reference an (alleged) ultimatum from T.O. that he must go at least .500 for the season.................(and since I don't believe there is ANY way he wins at Sparty on Saturday).................that makes tonight's game with Purdue a "Must Win"...............correct .....??

IF the speculation has any iota of substance..............we may have a sense of the direction later tonight.

If that was actually the ultimatum made, then Osborne is screwing up yet again. It's readily apparent that this team is moving in the wrong direction. Winning 3 of our of last 5 doesn't change that. I really hope that isn't actually the case.

Have to agree with Gumbercules on this one, although I don't think T.O. has 'screwed up' in any other capacity other than killing proper student seating at football games. I know it's all a business now...but choosing to move the most active (loud) fans further away from the game to please the money-throwing snoozers who treat a Husker game like it was an oprah and refuse to do anything but remain glued to their seat and listen to the broadcast via their huge headsets and complain about everything was something I'll never forgive him for.

• Fire 1

Osborne made no such ultimatum. Where do people come up with things like this? :dunno

You don't know that. Only way you do is if you are Osborne, which you aren't. While it is "unlikely" that he has made that ultimatum, it really can't be proven. All I know is that one of the basketball student managers said last Thursday that Doc felt comfortable that he was coming back next year and was acting like he is. Although, he really HAS to act like he is just in case he is.

This situation is pretty similar to the Turner Gill situation at Kansas. We would all love to see Doc succeed because of the type of person that he is. Unfortunately, due to the results that are being shown on the court, I don't think more than a few people would object if he were to get fired at the end of the season.

I'm not sure how one could justify keeping Doc around. He has had more than enough time to do something with this team. The best he has done is an 8-8 conference record, and I feel like that is incredibly outweighed by the 2-14 and current seasons. No signs of improvement. Just fire him. Even when the team has occasionally won it usually isn't that pretty,

Osborne made no such ultimatum. Where do people come up with things like this? :dunno

You don't know that. Only way you do is if you are Osborne, which you aren't. While it is "unlikely" that he has made that ultimatum, it really can't be proven. All I know is that one of the basketball student managers said last Thursday that Doc felt comfortable that he was coming back next year and was acting like he is. Although, he really HAS to act like he is just in case he is.

I am, in fact, Tom Osborne. Nice to meet you. ;)