Corey Raymond a candidate at LSU?

Nexus

Nice overview of the whole situation:

http://huskerextra.c...79412a014b.html

Sounds like Bo (from a previous poster) has plenty to choose from if 50 or so folks applied for that position. Let's see what he comes up with. Time is of the essence, eh?

I applied - it's the beauty of being a public position...any of us can. unless there are legitimate coaching names tied to those 50 applications the number could be 1,000 and have no more relevance to the argument.

Bo needs to hire a recruiter first, coach second. We really don't have many left. I for one will not be happy w/ a DB coach who recently got out of prison, and has zero recruiting on his resume. Think of Warfield sitting in a family's living room - imagine how that conversation goes. "Yeah, I just got out of prison 18 months ago...had to really work my butt off to get my parole officer to let me come down here to Florida and talk to you about letting your son come play for me. Is that scotch over there?" For everything Ron Brown is, Warfield isn't. It would be a pretty hypocritical hire if you ask me.

Raymond is a good recruiter, and was making more inroads into Louisiana. I know we have some good ties there, but in the last four recruiting classes we've only gotten Alonzo Moore and Walker Ashburn. We've actually had more decommits from Louisiana in that same amount of time.

Hopefully someone can come in and give some confidence back to these guys, that "just don't have the talent," according to their former coach.

Bo needs to hire a recruiter first, coach second. We really don't have many left. I for one will not be happy w/ a DB coach who recently got out of prison, and has zero recruiting on his resume. Think of Warfield sitting in a family's living room - imagine how that conversation goes. "Yeah, I just got out of prison 18 months ago...had to really work my butt off to get my parole officer to let me come down here to Florida and talk to you about letting your son come play for me. Is that scotch over there?" For everything Ron Brown is, Warfield isn't. It would be a pretty hypocritical hire if you ask me.

Thats the exact opposite of what we need to do. I would have thought that the DB play this year would open the eyes of an expert such as yourself.

• Fire 3

Legacy quote of the year by Raymond..............

“I like working with Bo,” Raymond said. “It's like being at the Harvard of football.”

If NU is the 'Harvard of football, what does that make LSU? The 'University of Colorado' except with good football?

Good point..............

Even though I understand the pull of your home school..................it would be less frustrating if he hadn't made all these recent proclamations about his son, etc..............

Sometimes Harvard doesn't keep its students around. Every coach thats left Bo's program has done so with the urging of Bo either to improve themselves or because it wasn't the right fit. From conversations/rumors this morning it sounds like there is a reason Raymond may have had a change of heart.

No clue who the targets are for a replacement. It might be someone here. I know Bo almost hired Watson when Marvin left. I know the media and fans would love Minter who's done well with lower level schools and its now with Gill.

Would those of you are asking them not to hire from within please explain your viewpoint?

I'm so sick of the revolving door that coaching at Nebraska has become.

I want to hire Nebraska guys who want to stay at Nebraska.

I think your wish is unlikely to come true. Top-notch coaches are going to be in demand. If we have coaches that other teams don't want, that's a problem.

The idea of coaches just staying here forever, or for most of their career, is probably over, too. Most teams don't keep their coaches around this long. The business of coaching has dramatically changed since we had long-term assistants under Osborne. It's doubtful we'll have anything remotely like that ever again.

Heck - honest opinion, I doubt Bo is here in ten years.

Thats the exact opposite of what we need to do. I would have thought that the DB play this year would open the eyes of an expert such as yourself.

yeah, all that talent we had out there was pretty impressive. even an expert like myself was impressed w/ such a display of utter dominance from the backfield...

and since our recruiting is equally impressive you're right...no need to worry about recruiting w/ this hire...

(do I need to add the sarcasm?)

Would those of you are asking them not to hire from within please explain your viewpoint?

I'm so sick of the revolving door that coaching at Nebraska has become.

I want to hire Nebraska guys who want to stay at Nebraska.

Mainly a lack of qualified/experienced candidates from within. Raymond wasn't anything spectacular - but I'd say we'll be taking a step back (definitely in experience) with any promotion. A step back from where we were last year would be discouraging. Take a look at the D1/NFL experience on the defensive side of the ball. Els is our most seasoned coach with about 9 years outside of Hastings. JP has a few years, Kaz a few years.

Then look at a place like Michigan (who also has a young head coach). What does he do? Surrounds himself w/ an experienced staff. a DC w/ 30 years of experience, a ton of which was at DC at places like the Ravens, Florida, Notre Dame and Michigan. A secondary coach with over 10 years at BCS schools. A LB coach with 30ish years of experience at lower levels. And then a young DL coach.

Bo's a young coach, and he's surrounded by inexperienced guys. Fisher, Kaczenski, Garrison, JP, Beck...all of them just a few years from either beginning their careers or coaching some HS. 2 of them extremely green coordinators. How can Bo expect these young guys to learn, if there isn't anyone here for them to learn from? How can he learn/grow if there isn't anyone to learn from? And don't say Tom, because we all know his role is far less than that of a peer.

What are the odds we keep the two 4 star defensive backs we already had committed for next year? Here are the choices ........a. slim b. none.

McWilson was recruited by Papuchis, so there's not a great correlation between Raymond leaving and him decommitting. Dixon may leave, but we got Aaron Curry when Kaz came over. So it goes.

What are the odds we keep the two 4 star defensive backs we already had committed for next year? Here are the choices ........a. slim b. none.

McWilson was recruited by Papuchis, so there's not a great correlation between Raymond leaving and him decommitting. Dixon may leave, but we got Aaron Curry when Kaz came over. So it goes.

And there's a lot of time left. Better he left now and took Dixon than at the end of the season.