Corey Raymond a candidate at LSU?

Nexus

Warfield as DB coach and have Minter come in as a GA. That wouldnt be to shabby.

I take this back and would look at Minter as the DB coach with his ties to the Carolinas and his NFL background. Let Warfield stay as the GA.

Warfield knows Bo's system and what he wants his secondary to practice and how. Warfield before Minter who coached one year at some very small college in the Carolinas and now is Turner's special teams coach not even a coach of corners or safeties.

one more... is there really any evidence that Raymond performed overly well while here? I guess some testimony is that LSU apparently was impressed enough to hire him. That said, our secondary did not look improved in going from his predecessor to Raymond. His publically bashing his players and their "athleticism" rather than taking blame for his own coaching was also not very impressive. So... is he really that big of a loss?

On the other hand, he did have experience as a coach... and if he is replaced by yet another newbie from within (or elsewhere) --- someone with zero experience... then the differential will be in the wrong direction. So... maybe this is not so good. Bo's hiring history has been.... suspect.

This coaching carousel crap sure is getting old. I can bitch about it and it won't matter, it's the way things have changed and they will probably never change back. These coaches feel no sense of loyalty or commitment in their jobs as coaches, but we are asking 18 year old young men to commit 4 or 5 years of their lives to one place? It's no wander these kids want to be paid, or want benefits for committing to a school. Look at the example these coaches set.

• Fire 2

one more... is there really any evidence that Raymond performed overly well while here?

Andrew Green beginning of the year to the end of the year. And shouldn't Marvin get some (if not at least half) of the blame for not developing any upperclassmen other than Dennard?

EDIT- Thanks n.e. for making me look like a dumbass :lol:

Shocking! The #2 ranked defense never offered the 1 year secondary coach of the 49th ranked team.

Hey good call!!

don't be butthurt bro

haha.... 1st off im not your bro

2nd, you clearly stated he never was offered and implied that he wasnt good enough for the #2 defense, and now today he is leaving for said #2 defense. LSU must be down to their last choice if they have to steal a secondary coach from the lowly 49th ranked team.