Corey Raymond a candidate at LSU?

Nexus

No way Scott Frost would come back for anything less than a coordinator job... but I do think he would be a great secondary coach... since he played Pro ball in the secondary

He wasn't serious.

Thank you.

You knew someone would throw the name out. Along with MM Sr. and every other former great.

Here is an actual name that would not shock me one bit. AND as an added bonus there would be a WATSON back on the staff!!!!!!!

Ross Watson, DB coach at Florida Atlantic. Bo steals the other DB coach from Carl with Husker ties

No way Scott Frost would come back for anything less than a coordinator job... but I do think he would be a great secondary coach... since he played Pro ball in the secondary

He wasn't serious.

Thank you.

You knew someone would throw the name out. Along with MM Sr. and every other former great.

Here is an actual name that would not shock me one bit. AND as an added bonus there would be a WATSON back on the staff!!!!!!!

Ross Watson, DB coach at Florida Atlantic. Bo steals the other DB coach from Carl with Husker ties

I wondered the same thing. Some of the insiders have said positive things about him so it would make sense.

He wasn't serious.

Thank you.

I always wondered who the young bald dude was on the sidelines. Anyone wanna take a stab at where Watson grew up?

This coaching carousel crap sure is getting old. I can bitch about it and it won't matter, it's the way things have changed and they will probably never change back. These coaches feel no sense of loyalty or commitment in their jobs as coaches, but we are asking 18 year old young men to commit 4 or 5 years of their lives to one place? It's no wander these kids want to be paid, or want benefits for committing to a school. Look at the example these coaches set.

I understand your point but I can understand the perspective of the coaches. Every coach has his dream job--he doesn't start off at his destination numero uno. So when that job comes calling, he would be foolish not to take it. On the other side, the kids more often pick the schools they would like to play for instead of starting off at the bottom. For those who don't, some of them go JUCO or transfer if the school comes calling.

Daniel Davie isn't too happy, per Twitter @iam_DD.

none of them are

Davie isn't happy, Baptiste isn't happy, Bell and Stafford aren't happy.

But you know what, all those guys seem to be upbeat and ready to move on. and that is a good thing.

If i were a kid being coached by Raymond, i would feel like he slapped me in the back of the head and ran away.

Good news is, there is a lot of the former Husker talent that are probably chomping at the bit to get into Bo Pelini's ear and tell him why they should be the next secondary coach.

Eric Warfield, Mike Minter, heck 6th year DC of the Omaha Beef Tony Veland might give UNL a call.

I have watched Veland coach kids on an up close basis. He works with kids (young men) very well. The guys does know his stuff and carriers a few credentials.... His heart and soul rests with Nebraska and he has NFL experience as a player. He may not be that much of a stretch as a candidate....but, if he only lived in Ohio, then his chances would go up dramatically.... I wonder who the DB coach is at Cardinal Mooney, or who Bo's neighbor down the block is.....that is the guy who will get the job

PaulCrewe played defensive back and coached at Doane. He should submit his application!

I was a hell of a recruiter out in the panhandle, related real well with the 8Man kids. However we ran a cover 3 scheme at Doane, with a little Cover 2 so there would be little learning curve for the styles to meet. I could teach a DB some mad techniques for wiping out pulling OLineman pulling around the corner and your responsibility is to blow it up

A few things.....LSU wanting Raymond as a coach doesn't mean his is good. Minnesota wanted Cos and Saban wanted Wats? Want these two back?

With all the stuff Fonzie said the start of the year about technique, Osbourne being ghost, a carousel of DB's etc......can anyone really say after one season he will be missed? Not me. Didn't really care for him. Good bye.

He came from Utah St, coached corners and had the 111th ranked pass D in 2010. Good bye.

Took a "last minute" offer. Really. Didn't get a bonus this year. Only one on staff.

Bring on Minter. Great mind for the game. Great career t NU and the Panthers. Coached at JC Smith in Fayetteville, NC. No less experience than promoting Cassidy. NU won't pay for talent, might as well hire a PR splash.

Raymond will be missed as a recruiter perhaps, but his contacts or 2013 were not guaranteed to sign.

This s a microcosm of our troubles IMO. In ability to find a staff the clicks, is on the same page, has experience and ones who don't use NU as a stepping stone.