Corey Raymond a candidate at LSU?

Nexus

A few things.....LSU wanting Raymond as a coach doesn't mean his is good. Minnesota wanted Cos and Saban wanted Wats? Want these two back?

With all the stuff Fonzie said the start of the year about technique, Osbourne being ghost, a carousel of DB's etc......can anyone really say after one season he will be missed? Not me. Didn't really care for him. Good bye.

He came from Utah St, coached corners and had the 111th ranked pass D in 2010. Good bye.

Took a "last minute" offer. Really. Didn't get a bonus this year. Only one on staff.

Bring on Minter. Great mind for the game. Great career t NU and the Panthers. Coached at JC Smith in Fayetteville, NC. No less experience than promoting Cassidy. NU won't pay for talent, might as well hire a PR splash.

Raymond will be missed as a recruiter perhaps, but his contacts or 2013 were not guaranteed to sign.

This s a microcosm of our troubles IMO. In ability to find a staff the clicks, is on the same page, has experience and ones who don't use NU as a stepping stone.

I think you're just finding ways to bitch about things. Your last sentence is way off IMO. There have been multiple accounts, some by TO, that Bo runs this team like a family, and that's exactly what they are.

Seems like Raymond was getting a good rep as a recruiter which we need to fill those shoes. But as an actual coach I didn't see much granted he had only one year. Cooper, Smith, Osborne....I expected these guys to be contributing much more...instead Green was sort of up and down, Evans regressed IMO, and Cassidy got way too much playing time.

A few things.....LSU wanting Raymond as a coach doesn't mean his is good. Minnesota wanted Cos and Saban wanted Wats? Want these two back?

With all the stuff Fonzie said the start of the year about technique, Osbourne being ghost, a carousel of DB's etc......can anyone really say after one season he will be missed? Not me. Didn't really care for him. Good bye.

He came from Utah St, coached corners and had the 111th ranked pass D in 2010. Good bye.

Took a "last minute" offer. Really. Didn't get a bonus this year. Only one on staff.

Bring on Minter. Great mind for the game. Great career t NU and the Panthers. Coached at JC Smith in Fayetteville, NC. No less experience than promoting Cassidy. NU won't pay for talent, might as well hire a PR splash.

Raymond will be missed as a recruiter perhaps, but his contacts or 2013 were not guaranteed to sign.

This s a microcosm of our troubles IMO. In ability to find a staff the clicks, is on the same page, has experience and ones who don't use NU as a stepping stone.

I think you're just finding ways to bitch about things. Your last sentence is way off IMO. There have been multiple accounts, some by TO, that Bo runs this team like a family, and that's exactly what they are.

If you look at my posts all season, I have disliked Raymond.

The last comment I feel has merit. A brand new OC (no experience). The DC was our order D line coach (no experience, D line stunk). Some personal issues and numerous folks all season complaining about this bing a learning stop for up and moving coaches. I never said Bo didn't run it like. Family. Maybe that's the problem. Run it like it is a business to a degree. Pay for great, experienced staff. Very hard o fire a family member..... Comments about the staff clicking were from Raymond wanting technique and Carl wanting physical DB play. You really think Wats wanted Martinez to start in 2010. I just try to see all sides of the story. Just a few examples

This new hire, IMO, will really tell me where we are at as a program.

why are all the coaches leaving nu, something is not right there.....otherwise they would stay

I think we know why Watson and Gilmore left. Not much intrigue there. Carl P left because he wanted to try his hand at head coaching...something we all knew someday he would do. Sanders was asked to leave....and not because of his coaching....nothing more to say there. Corey R left to go back to his alma mater, LSU, which is understandable. I don't think there is much news here. It's the coaching merry go round. We just aren't used to coaches leaving.

• Fire 1

why are all the coaches leaving nu, something is not right there.....otherwise they would stay

Cotton hasn't left yet, so its not all coaches.

Since Bo took over.

Eckler left - reason? i don't know. other members might have an idea

Watson fired - incompetence

Gilmore fired - probably the same reason as Watson

Sanders retired - says it was best for his "family" But seeing how many coaching offers he has taken since FAU, you wonder how important "family" was to him

Raymond left - says he was committed when Miles asked him the first time, couldn't refuse the second time

Carl left - took a head coaching job, and i guess some folks were happy with him departing

Bo is entering his 5th season as Head Coach, as so far has lost a OC, DC, LB coach, WR/TE coach, and 2 DB coaches.

Shocking! The #2 ranked defense never offered the 1 year secondary coach of the 49th ranked team.

Hey good call!!

don't be butthurt bro

There's no "butt hurt" at all fella, you're saying "told you so" after the fact and after you posted, rather cynically, that LSU wouldn't offer a job to a coach who was here one year and on a 49th "ranked" team.

In hindsight my comments above were wrong. Check that, LSU did want him to interview, he did interview, stated publically that he's "not interested," and now he's gone to Baton Rogue.

You know for Nebraska supposedly having bad coaches it seems that an awful lot of programs want our "bad coaches."

eyeswear2allthatsholy

Cotton hasn't left yet, so its not all coaches.

Since Bo took over.

Eckler left - reason? i don't know. other members might have an idea

Watson fired - incompetence

Gilmore fired - probably the same reason as Watson

Sanders retired - says it was best for his "family" But seeing how many coaching offers he has taken since FAU, you wonder how important "family" was to him

Raymond left - says he was committed when Miles asked him the first time, couldn't refuse the second time

Carl left - took a head coaching job, and i guess some folks were happy with him departing

Bo is entering his 5th season as Head Coach, as so far has lost a OC, DC, LB coach, WR/TE coach, and 2 DB coaches.

I don't at all consider myself an 'expert' or 'in the know' on these issues, but just from stuff that I've heard from other or seen as 'public knowledge' Carl had to leave because of issues, Bo basically let him 'control' the defense to help him get that appeal for a HC gig. Bo and Ekeler never got along or saw eye to eye, him leaving was a mutual decision. Sanders, like Carl, had issues that he had to leave for..seemingly a little more 'urgent' simply by the way he departed. Raymond and Bo didn't seem to get along that well and, if I recall correctly, Raymond was the only coach to not receive a raise after this past season...

As far as the "all the coaches leaving" thing, I don't know for sure, but it seems like a play off the Wisconsin coaches thread a bit....

I don't at all consider myself an 'expert' or 'in the know' on these issues, but just from stuff that I've heard from other or seen as 'public knowledge' Carl had to leave because of issues, Bo basically let him 'control' the defense to help him get that appeal for a HC gig. Bo and Ekeler never got along or saw eye to eye, him leaving was a mutual decision. Sanders, like Carl, had issues that he had to leave for..seemingly a little more 'urgent' simply by the way he departed. Raymond and Bo didn't seem to get along that well and, if I recall correctly, Raymond was the only coach to not receive a raise after this past season...

As far as the "all the coaches leaving" thing, I don't know for sure, but it seems like a play off the Wisconsin coaches thread a bit....

Ekler...was the LB coach at NU and left for Indiana to be the DC...no surprise there.

Watson/Gilmore...encouraged to "move on" after it was clear they were coasting.

Sanders...off the field issues/behavior caused his ouster.

Carl...left to become a head coach.

Raymond...I guess he couldn't turn down his alma mater after all.

So while Bo has had several coaches leave none of them "left" because they couldn't "get along" with Bo.

Legacy quote of the year by Raymond..............

“I like working with Bo,” Raymond said. “It's like being at the Harvard of football.”

If NU is the 'Harvard of football, what does that make LSU? The 'University of Colorado' except with good football?

Good riddens, Corey. Wasn't overly impressed with you last year anyway! Really didn't care for you throwing the players under the bus. It was your job to prepare the players to do the job. I just hope Bo has a coach (like Marvin Sanders) to come in and improve our secondary.

Yeah. And besides, he wasn't even from Youngstown anyway.

Legacy quote of the year by Raymond..............

“I like working with Bo,” Raymond said. “It's like being at the Harvard of football.”

If NU is the 'Harvard of football, what does that make LSU? The 'University of Colorado' except with good football?

Good point..............

Even though I understand the pull of your home school..................it would be less frustrating if he hadn't made all these recent proclamations about his son, etc..............

Thankfully I'm not seeing many people being all butt hurt about Corey R leaving. There are always a few who feel the need to slam a guy for improving his lot in life. If Scott Frost or any other ex Husker in the coaching profession came to Nebraska under similar circumstances, would we tell him not to come because of all the players he recruited to Oregon? I think we would welcome him home and be happy for him. Corey R just did the same thing. La is his home and LSU is his alma mater. I hate seeing it happen right now but I understand it and wish him well. Not too well....just well!