Corey Raymond a candidate at LSU?

Nexus

my dad was a head FB coach/athletic director for over 25 yrs, so he did some hiring.

based on what i paid attention to, he hired someone HE knew or someone he knew recommended to him probably 85%-90% of the time.

the jobs he applied for and didn't get, were mostly due to him just taking a stab and trying to get hired there, without knowing anyone.

you all need to realize that not everyone wants to coach at N, but see it as a great stepping stone to get to where they want to go. what exactly was Corey Raymond doing before he was at a national powerhouse? would he look at the LSU job as a step up? does he KNOW people there that would hire him? How did he get the job here (by knowing Bo).

Bo is the CEO of N football, but it's not a "business" to him. From my experience it goes a bit like this:

1. Men coach because they want to work with/mold/shape and benefit young boys into good men.

2. they coach because they enjoy the game of football and are EXTREMELY competitive.

3. they enjoy the "outdoor office" part of practices, games, energy, and freedom being on a field provides

4. if....IF they can move into a good program they can make a good living and enjoy some nice benefits.

so, why would any of us think that Corey would stay or go? why would Bo hire from within so much?

CUZ THATS THE WAY IT WORKS

You realize he is from New Iberia, Louisiana and a LSU alum, right? I would imagine LSU would be his dream college job

spot on, exactly.....Bo ends up babysitting instead of maturing as a leader.

You should just post "I don't like Bo Pelini" every single time you post. It would save time.

LOL The same should be said for KC.

even money boys, on TO advising Pelini to get outside help with his recruiting.........i don't hate on Bo, i just want to see him take steps to being a better HC, he may finally be moving in the right direction.......being HC is still very new for him.

Regardless of whether he was offered or not........................it's good news for Husker football that he is staying .........AND that he was fairly vocal about staying..................

He IS our recruiting prescence in La.....................................

my dad was a head FB coach/athletic director for over 25 yrs, so he did some hiring.

based on what i paid attention to, he hired someone HE knew or someone he knew recommended to him probably 85%-90% of the time.

the jobs he applied for and didn't get, were mostly due to him just taking a stab and trying to get hired there, without knowing anyone.

you all need to realize that not everyone wants to coach at N, but see it as a great stepping stone to get to where they want to go. what exactly was Corey Raymond doing before he was at a national powerhouse? would he look at the LSU job as a step up? does he KNOW people there that would hire him? How did he get the job here (by knowing Bo).

Bo is the CEO of N football, but it's not a "business" to him. From my experience it goes a bit like this:

1. Men coach because they want to work with/mold/shape and benefit young boys into good men.

2. they coach because they enjoy the game of football and are EXTREMELY competitive.

3. they enjoy the "outdoor office" part of practices, games, energy, and freedom being on a field provides

4. if....IF they can move into a good program they can make a good living and enjoy some nice benefits.

so, why would any of us think that Corey would stay or go? why would Bo hire from within so much?

You realize he is from New Iberia, Louisiana and a LSU alum, right? I would imagine LSU would be his dream college job

Yeah I realize that. But unless he KNOWS someone there that WANTS to bring him in, it doesn't matter what his dream job is. Bo met him at LSU, liked him enough to bring him to N and apparently Corey is showing some loyalty to that and staying. Or perhaps he didn't get offered at all. And maybe, like someone mentioned, Corey finds the way Bo's relationship w players and the family atmosphere he attempts to create Is more appealing to him; because like I said--it's more than a "business" for most coaches. It's about the young men they work with.

Yeah I realize that. But unless he KNOWS someone there that WANTS to bring him in, it doesn't matter what his dream job is. Bo met him at LSU, liked him enough to bring him to N and apparently Corey is showing some loyalty to that and staying. Or perhaps he didn't get offered at all. And maybe, like someone mentioned, Corey finds the way Bo's relationship w players and the family atmosphere he attempts to create Is more appealing to him; because like I said--it's more than a "business" for most coaches. It's about the young men they work with.

My point is that if the interest from LSU was legitimate, he'd interview. He has tons of family down here and he's back in New Iberia quite often. I do think the publicity is good for his wallet. That's just my intuition. Of course Scott Frost chose to stay in Oregon rather then come home so who knows.

][/b]

My point is that if the interest from LSU was legitimate, he'd interview. He has tons of family down here and he's back in New Iberia quite often. I do think the publicity is good for his wallet. That's just my intuition. Of course Scott Frost chose to stay in Oregon rather then come home so who knows.

And you know this how? Your making stuff up to prove your point that hes not a good coach and Bo shouldnt have hired him. Your butthurt because Bo doesnt go out and get big name coaches so there is no way another team would want one of our lowly coaches that have only coached a secondary for one year.